test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR possible changes

fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
"To provide a little more context, we are generally happy with where rogues are currently falling in most cases, but we didn't see the increase in counterplay that we initially wanted from the changes to stealth and at wills in Module 5, partially because we decided we also wanted mid range rogues to be a much more viable build. Given the way players can currently interact with stealth (with enemies in melee range being revealed), this meant that making ranged rogues more viable had a negative impact on how players could interact with permastealth. However, our goal was not to eliminate stealth as an option that could be maintained, but make it more difficult to oppress an enemy without them fighting back. Given that we are investigating a couple options, but the one that I hope will be out and ready for testing sometime this week is as follows.

When you strike a player while stealthed they will be able to see you for 2 seconds. You are revealed only to the player you struck. Damage over time effects will only trigger this reveal on initial damage application at this time.

This still allows rogues to try and pick targets effectively, but once you have been targeted by a rogue you will have access to far more options than you did before (i.e. you can target them). As an added bonus, when you are struck by a rogue in stealth you are just becoming more keenly aware of stealth, and other stealthed rogues will become visible to you as well. Stealth damage bonuses and critical bonuses will still apply against targets who can see the rogue.

Your primary goal as a rogue in PVP who utilizes stealth fully will become something more of a "heat seeking missile" picking high priority targets to engage with in a forced 1 on 1 situation.

This change is in testing and is *NOT FINAL* as of this time. We are experimenting with several options based on our technical limitations with how stealth works and what will feel good to players without removing all the skill and playstyle surrounding stealth."

I am sorry but I have to say this is the most stupid change to rogues since beta. Say hello to the target lock burst CW mayhem. You guys insist in never fixing ItC bugs but rush to nerf the rogue class at every chance you can. 2 seconds is all I need to burst anyone without CC immunity to death with my CW.

R.I.P WK
Post edited by fernandosb on

Comments

• Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like once again... another "forced" respec that I'll have to pay for.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why dop we have 3 topics about the exact same thing?
    Isn't it better to have all comments in the same topic?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Really? So poor. I already respeced 1546354873times as gwf after each mod. How about that?

lol touche.... you got me... xD