test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming TR Changes

group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
While I agree that there needs to be certain aspects of the TR looked at, the stealth changes will negate the TR's ability to fight multiple attackers.

Also, if you are going to implement this change please consider removing the ability for classes to hard targeting us as this because as it stands now... if you aren't a master infiltrator with impossible to catch... well... you are dead. I would consider this exploitive and should have been removed in Mod 2.

Another option I've heard is to remove the hard targeting option once the target is a certain distance away. I would be ok with this too.

With all this said, the Whisperknife TR in pvp may be dead after this change.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So I guess I don't know how to play :P... thanks. I think I do alright xD.
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    you cannot rate balance by being able to fight multiple people at once. That is the whole problem with trs. you need more than one person to kill them. That is unfair
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    As long as your goal isn't to just run around in stealth tapping everyone with disheartening strike and you aren't using WoB as your daily, you will be fine. Everyone knows there has always been an imbalance in TRs survival capabilities due to stealth mechanics. It had to get fixed at some point, you just need to be able to adapt. A couple seconds for a single target isn't game breaking given the TRs capabilities, and we still have overload slots to look forward to.
  • fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    you cannot rate balance by being able to fight multiple people at once. That is the whole problem with trs. you need more than one person to kill them. That is unfair

I guess it is ok for DC's to heal to full and require several people to kill right?
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    fernandosb wrote: »
    I guess it is ok for DC's to heal to full and require several people to kill right?

Yes, because they are unkillable due to superior stats/buffs/gear, not due to inability to fight back.
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I agree its a poor way to judge balance, however its the game we are currently playing. DC's are similar as well... it takes multiple people to kill them. I wish we didn't have to judge balance this way as well. Some classes unfortunately have been designed this way.

So just to be clear though... IF this goes live...

There will be only one viable path to play as TR in pvp and do well against strong opponents. This is a HUGE FAILURE in the big TR revamp of mod 5. Maybe a solution would be to give whisperknives access to a similar power like impossible to catch. This would at least give us the ability of getting away while we are visible. As it stands now we really only have Vengeance Pursuit or Lurkers Assault to do this and both aren't very ideal.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    's gonna be fine.

Just make sure to test it thoroughly when preview is provided. Remember the amount of doom&gloom drama queens when the "stealth depletion on at-wills" was first announced? The doomsayers and naysayers that used to preach the whole TR changes weren't a buff, but a nerf, and its gonna kill every TR, blah blah blah...? Where are they now? Busy enjoying the changes, I'm sure.

Besides, even with the new changes, the whiners and QQrs are still gonna be creamed since most of the whines and QQs are from L2P issues, not balance issues. So nothing really changes. LoL, those turds think they can win after permastealth is removed? Let them dream on. Most of them aren't even killed by real permas in the field anyway.

Just let's makes sure to point out the incessant whines and complaints that will come AFTER the changes, since I'm 100% sure these whiners are gonna keep on going, "TR still OP! remove X next time...! then remove Y next time...!" and on and on and on :D
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    fernandosb wrote: »
    i have a problem with dc's healing people for such high amounts without them even hitting a button. But a DC cannot kill the target, unless you are dps spec and in that case you can be killed 1v1. Faithful dc is broken, virtuoso dc is pretty neat. If a max geared virtuoso dc can not kill a target of the same gear and skill, then i don't see why the person should be able to kill the dc.
    edited December 2014
    i have a problem with dc's healing people for such high amounts without them even hitting a button. But a DC cannot kill the target, unless you are dps spec and in that case you can be killed 1v1. Faithful dc is broken, virtuoso dc is pretty neat. If a max geared virtuoso dc can not kill a target of the same gear and skill, then i don't see why the person should be able to kill the dc.

Obviously the complaints against DCs are against Faithfuls, in which case they have a tendency to neuter not only TRs, but virtually everything else, as the amount of people, DPS, and coordination/effort required to kill two of those standing at a node is intense, even when those two DCs aren't very much coordinated themselves.

But of course, that's subject to debate in another thread, another day.
  • vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My humble opinion. As is TR's are NOT broken in the slightest. (Look at my avatar yes I am a DC I play 3 of em as well as 3 TRs). Now someone said that Faithful clerics can not kill people? I get more kills via at wills then should be allowed..... Any given time someone is focusing me I can heal up to full WHILE whittling the heath of my enemy down to 0. *shrug* Yeah faithful is not broken ... RIGHT..

TR's on the other hand can be countered in there current state just fine. CW's can pull em out of stealth they have the tools to do it. Happens all the time. DC can get lucky and hit a TR as well from time to time depending on the load out the DC is using. Matter of fact a good DC and CW sent to a node a TR is holding is a very viable tactic.

Two people. Two people for one TR people say is insane. Well what about 4 or 5 it takes to kill one DC? A well geared DC can hold a node against an entire pug team (I have done it many times). Just running around healing LOLING.

So to recap. What is broken? Two people to handle one TR or a whole team to take out and FAIL to take out one DC?

Leave TR's alone

/thread
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well my brothers and sisters of the shadow.
    It's time to make those who cried cry harder.
    It's time to show those who assumed we won due to exploits see our true skill.
    Stealth reveal does not mean we are toast..
    The reveal only works on certain attacks.
    Know what these attacks are before the changes go live.
    Know that we have two very viable options still.
    One shot....
    Perma daze..
    Let our enemies look into our eyes as they fall before us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My humble opinion. As is TR's are NOT broken in the slightest. (Look at my avatar yes I am a DC I play 3 of em as well as 3 TRs). Now someone said that Faithful clerics can not kill people? I get more kills via at wills then should be allowed..... Any given time someone is focusing me I can heal up to full WHILE whittling the heath of my enemy down to 0. *shrug* Yeah faithful is not broken ... RIGHT..

TR's on the other hand can be countered in there current state just fine. CW's can pull em out of stealth they have the tools to do it. Happens all the time. DC can get lucky and hit a TR as well from time to time depending on the load out the DC is using. Matter of fact a good DC and CW sent to a node a TR is holding is a very viable tactic.

Two people. Two people for one TR people say is insane. Well what about 4 or 5 it takes to kill one DC? A well geared DC can hold a node against an entire pug team (I have done it many times). Just running around healing LOLING.

So to recap. What is broken? Two people to handle one TR or a whole team to take out and FAIL to take out one DC?

Leave TR's alone

/thread

Haha, yes, this.
    A DC + a naked lvl 5 is enough to counter me on a point. That ****er never dies unless you abandon permastealth for a while. In which case you'd have to coordinate your Dazes, yes, all 3 of them, and hope for a lucky string of DF crits. Then you might get them if you pop a Daily before they heal up to full.

Like I said in various other threads, DC's are more broken than TRs now but people whine about TR more. It's easy to see why the second-choice pick got the nerf-bat first.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well my brothers and sisters of the shadow.
    It's time to make those who cried cry harder.
    It's time to show those who assumed we won due to exploits see our true skill.
    Stealth reveal does not mean we are toast..
    The reveal only works on certain attacks.
    Know what these attacks are before the changes go live.
    Know that we have two very viable options still.
    One shot....
    Perma daze..
    Let our enemies look into our eyes as they fall before us.

If what you say is right then simple more nerf gonna come as dev saying this was not fixed yet that's is double edge sword
    TR damage being nerf you know? Get a grip more to come
    edited December 2014
    piejal wrote: »
    If what you say is right then simple more nerf gonna come as dev saying this was not fixed yet that's is double edge sword
    TR damage being nerf you know? Get a grip more to come

Nope.

It simply means whiners are whiners, and they'll be whining until everything and anything that beats them are destroyed. They don't know what 'balance' means. They simply think its another way of saying "something that makes me win".

But everyone knows whiners never win. They just whine. Why else would they hang out in a class forum they don't play, and whine about stuff without even knowing how the class works? (...much less expect to defeat a class without knowing how they work in the first place... the gall... *feh*)

Their excuse is that being invisible is impossible to fight back. OK, so now the developers make us TRs visible. They'll be able to fight back.

...and if they still lose? :D No more excuses.
    edited December 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Nope.

It simply means whiners are whiners, and they'll be whining until everything and anything that beats them are destroyed. They don't know what 'balance' means. They simply think its another way of saying "something that makes me win".

But everyone knows whiners never win. They just whine. Why else would they hang out in a class forum they don't play, and whine about stuff without even knowing how the class works? (...much less expect to defeat a class without knowing how they work in the first place... the gall... *feh*)

Their excuse is that being invisible is impossible to fight back. OK, so now the developers make us TRs visible. They'll be able to fight back.

...and if they still lose? :D No more excuses.

Exactly this.
    This is why TRs were in a pretty pitiful state before Mod 5.
    People whined about Lashing Blade before. They whined about Shoxecution. They whined about Stealth. What we got left with was an invisible squishy excuse for a DPS. This is why most Pugs and most premades were always wary to recruit a TR to the group. This is why TR was a scarcely played class. It wasn't until TR was nerfed into the ground that all the whining stopped. Then it, barely, focused towards CW.

People won't be happy until they nerf TR into the ground, yet again.

EDIT: Just to add to this, blanket nerfs to TR almost always hit WK the hardest. To put this into perspective, WK was always the second-best choice since it came out. Each and every nerf to TR is almost always directed towards MI. MI related nerfs hit WK the hardest. 2-second reveal on attack? Good thing I have ITC.
    Oh wait, I'm a WK with no such skill. Not even a comparable skill. Glad to know the nerf directed towards MI hits WK twice as hard. Thanks for your consideration.

To put this into even more perspective, and as much as I hate to say it, the people who have played WK since its inception and devoted a lot of effort into it, such as kweassa, will continue to play a relevant role in PvP. Whether it's single target assassination or node camping, we'll still have a purpose that you'll continue to whine about.
    Can't count the amount of times I've had people whine about my "immortality" on a point in Mod 3/4.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
    edited December 2014
    well it's perspectif.. you say whiners i say player who give feedback
    why many feedback about GWF in mod 3? because GWF become OP
    why many feedback about HR in mod 4? because HR become OP
    why many feedback about TR in mod 5? because TR???

in Prev server TR still OP big time so there will be come next nerf maybe daze,roll,75% deflc sev who knows?
    i think i don't need to do debate because you not give fact about why TR is not OP just talk about whiners or L2P that is useless
    you can hate every one who give feedback all you want.. because personaly i don't care
    i already give my feedback and i think dev response is good to nerf TR and the more important is not wait until next mod and i thankfully for that ;)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the tr pre mod 5 was useless in PVE that's a fact.
    it's also a fact that it was in that sorry state because of the many people complaining to nerf them, module after module.
    now we finally get good DPS in PVE, and people are already complaining again, also a fact.
    what will happen now? TRs will probably continue being nerfed again and again till we're once again useless in PVE once again.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited December 2014

in Prev server TR still OP big time so there will be come next nerf maybe daze,roll,75% deflc sev who knows?
    i think i don't need to do debate because you not give fact about why TR is not OP just talk about whiners or L2P that is useless
    you can hate every one who give feedback all you want.. because personaly i don't care
    i already give my feedback and i think dev response is good to nerf TR and the more important is not wait until next mod and i thankfully for that ;)

It's really not perspective when you have TRs who are providing feedback that's relevant and non-TRs who are just complaining.
    There are TRs who identify the problem - the damage, and provide feedback for toning it down while still preserving the point and utility of the class.
    Then you have people complaining about everything and wanting nerfs on every aspect of the class because they're getting wrecked by 9k TRs in Domination who 1-shot their 0 defense 20k HP builds.

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • mojoratmojorat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited December 2014
    I'm not sure what you mean by " no defense". Unless your a gf or gwf excexutioner ignores most peoples defense ses.
    edited December 2014
    mjytresz wrote: »
    It's really not perspective when you have TRs who are providing feedback that's relevant and non-TRs who are just complaining.
    There are TRs who identify the problem - the damage, and provide feedback for toning it down while still preserving the point and utility of the class.
    Then you have people complaining about everything and wanting nerfs on every aspect of the class because they're getting wrecked by 9k TRs in Domination who 1-shot their 0 defense 20k HP builds.

Read prev dev tracker Dev want the damage the way it's work now so Dev nerf stealth instead
    with this reveal combat advan and 100% crit is fine
    but long roll or 75% deflc sev still need to be nerf
  • grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    While I agree that there needs to be certain aspects of the TR looked at, the stealth changes will negate the TR's ability to fight multiple attackers.

Also, if you are going to implement this change please consider removing the ability for classes to hard targeting us as this because as it stands now... if you aren't a master infiltrator with impossible to catch... well... you are dead. I would consider this exploitive and should have been removed in Mod 2.

Another option I've heard is to remove the hard targeting option once the target is a certain distance away. I would be ok with this too.

With all this said, the Whisperknife TR in pvp may be dead after this change.

WK is back to its old glory useless PARAgon.
    edited December 2014

You're a person who argued certain aspects of the TR need to be nerfed -- since then through the course of discussion it was revealed such a thing was simply a figment of your own imagination and didn't even exist, BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T KNOW HOW EVEN THE MOST BASIC OF TR MECHANICS WORKED. A normal person with even the slightest concept of decency and shame would be too embarassed to even show up here.

You're in no position to offer any perspective. You've proven with your own mistakes that your 'perspectives' are warped, twisted by your lack of knowledge. So GTFO of the TR forums when you're not even a TR, nor would you offer constructive criticism. You simply show up to mock and goad.
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you'll be fine. Like all trs say l2p. Lol

daaammmnn buuurrrnnn!!!
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well after a day of cabling in PvP I must say the changes are ... Interesting. This change just will just go to show how many truly relied on stealth to be "good" at PvP. I was in a match against a perma from a PvP guild centered around aggression and was surprised to see just how badly he got stomped on repeatedly.
    Many TR's have been using stealth as a crutch for so long, including many "leet" posters in this very thread, some from "top" PvP guilds, it will be funny yet sad to see them running for their lives.

I imagine the fallout from this will be a plethora of Scoundrel and one shot TR's flooding PvP until the inevitable stun nerf occurs and further "balance" changes happen.

I will say this is a boost for the GF and GWF in PvP as they are now somewhat the natural predators of the TR
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think TR indeed needs a tone down, the problem is that many other classes are complaining about
    -the damage
    -the cc
    -the mobility
    -the stealth
    so basically they're complaining about EVERYTHING that the TR has. before mod 5 we were in a horrible place, lots of people had a lot of trouble to get into dungeons, and I fear that if those who keep complaining get what they want, we'll be in that very same place once again.

I remember when playing in Icewind dale in mod 3-4, each mob group was hard to do for me, I had to plan my strategy and a simple mistake could mean death. Then I would see another class like a GWF or a HR just zerg to a mob group and anihilate them in less than 10 secs with almost no health lost. I really felt like things weren't fair back then.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The issue right now isn't necessarily what to do Jox, its how far should we have gone. Almost every single veteran player worth his salt agrees that the devs went overboard with the TR. It's the mod 2 GWF all over again. The TR needed to be scaled back some. Even in PvE they are a bit much in my opinion but in PvP it was ridiculous. These changes are like testing the water before jumping in. Right now the TR will be going through an adapting phase and we'll see what comes of it. I suspect further changes will occur.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    caexar wrote: »
    The issue right now isn't necessarily what to do Jox, its how far should we have gone. Almost every single veteran player worth his salt agrees that the devs went overboard with the TR. It's the mod 2 GWF all over again. The TR needed to be scaled back some. Even in PvE they are a bit much in my opinion but in PvP it was ridiculous. These changes are like testing the water before jumping in. Right now the TR will be going through an adapting phase and we'll see what comes of it. I suspect further changes will occur.

A bit too much? That is amusing. I have CW and i know it's way better in pve than TR even now. And for these past few days i'm saboteur to test some thing but it's temporary. Still it doesn't change the fact that CW is way better in pve, crushes armies of mobs noticeably faster-same goes with bosses. TR is better than before but it's still inferior to CW in pve. Anyway after taking away stealth from TR it is inferior to CW as well. You just have to wait a little bit until more CW who hide as new ,,op'' classes will go play their CW once more. Control all time, freeze, stun and attack all time, we will see to it.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    crusherbeast regardless who needs nerf and who does not, in a relatively close past and for years CW were so overpowered that its players skyrocket.
    This forum 100% reflects what i m saying. They are an army, you will never be able to nerf them by just spamming posts about the problem.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    caexar wrote: »
    Even in PvE they are a bit much in my opinion
    Really? Compared to which class? Because compared to all the other classes I play my TR is most definitely not 'a bit much'.

For clarity, I would consider the CW to be way beyond 'a bit much' in PvE. Like WAY beyond.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Omg, TRs comparing their single target dps to a aoe dps class. Just what you'd expect from these folks...