test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grouping idea for the Tiamat encounter

twoheadedpuigtwoheadedpuig Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
One of the main frustrations in the Tiamat fight is coordinating people into color groups so they know where to go when entering the battle. While the playerbase has done a good job grouping up on their own, it would be better if we had a more user-friendly system to work within.

I propose that once everyone spawns into the campfire area, the instance will not begin until each person is a member of a 5 player party which they can join by activating one of the colored pillars.

Premade groups would all spawn together assigned to a random pillar. I have a feeling that kicking from parties shouldn't be allowed here, though an argument could be made both ways.

We should all be able to see which parties are full and which ones still need members through visual tells (e.g. pillar fire becomes brighter). Taking that further, put a highlight or colored dot next to each player's name indicating group. The fail-safe being unpartied players just get assigned to one after a certain amount of time.

While we're at it, perhaps the 5 groups could compete against each other for some type of award.

Obviously, this is just a rough idea. What do you guys think?

Side idea: Allow our potions of healing to become imbued with the dragon gem we pick up so there's no clumsy slotting/unslotting of the protective wards. Full health=activate ward. This gives our healers an interesting task, allows skillshot timing for lifesteal, etc...
Post edited by twoheadedpuig on

Comments

• wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I certainly like the idea of making it easier to form parties in the campfire area. I haven't had a real problem with this so far, but it certainly is annoying the way they currently have it set up. Of course, as you say, entering as a party would also be very nice. Really, I feel that would fix many issues in the encounter.

If you enter as a party, you are automatically given a color to your team. Could be like the iwd flag above your head based on what faction you're in.