test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ninja nerf on GWF's DR???

clonkyo1clonkyo1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,553 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PvE Discussion
This may be just my own impression, but i am feeling that, from this last patch up till today, my tank GWF (39k HP, 5.8k on power, 44.7% DR and 45% on deflect in P. Sent set [waiting for the Drow Sent set] + N. Barkshield enchant) is taking a lot more damage not just from TRs, which now, a 12k with 3k on power and 2k on ArP can one-shot me when, before this last patch, they could not; but from all other classes too like GF's AoD or bull or Archer HR's Thorn Ward in 1v1 situations (so, no 3rd players' debuffs on me). Did any other GWF-player noticed this too or, as i said, is just my own impression?
Random Quotes:
- "perfect vorpal on TR with 100% crit chance is flat 50% dmg increase"
- "30% defense reduction does not necessarily mean 30% damage increase"
- "Oh!! 'Professions!!' :facepalm: , Good luck!"
- "For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go"
- About Barb's Avalanche of Steel: "Basically a perfect daily attack. That's the problem; it is immaculately PERFECT."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    This may be just my own impression, but i am feeling that, from this last patch up till today, my tank GWF (39k HP, 5.8k on power, 44.7% DR and 45% on deflect in P. Sent set [waiting for the Drow Sent set] + N. Barkshield enchant) is taking a lot more damage not just from TRs, which now, a 12k with 3k on power and 2k on ArP can one-shot me when, before this last patch, they could not; but from all other classes too like GF's AoD or bull or Archer HR's Thorn Ward in 1v1 situations (so, no 3rd players' debuffs on me). Did any other GWF-player noticed this too or, as i said, is just my own impression?

The only thing that changed to GWF survivability on last patch was the loss of the bonus deflection from DEX which was intended for TRs only.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1st encounter with an executioner rogue? i keep saying it but it never sticks :(

executioners have a feat that gives them 25% armor pen on top of the 20% or so they get from gear. unless you have more than 50% resist, then your defense doesn't matter to them.

it's the main reason why executioners nuke the tank classes so much
  • zxornzxorn Member Posts: 160 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    1st encounter with an executioner rogue? i keep saying it but it never sticks :(

executioners have a feat that gives them 25% armor pen on top of the 20% or so they get from gear. unless you have more than 50% resist, then your defense doesn't matter to them.

it's the main reason why executioners nuke the tank classes so much

The feat reduces Armor by 25% not damage resistance. It's referring to your Armor Class. Though I'm not sure if it means the number value or the DR% granted, either way it should comes out to 3-5% RI.

It would make more sense if it was armor pen as to why it's a 2nd to last tier feat.

Comparing it with the last 2 set in scoundrel together giving +50% damage for more than 1 single attack is laughable. Top this kinda damage with Deft Strike's unavoidable auto daze then shocking execution and I think Exe rogue damage is the least of the problem this module.
    edited December 2014
    zxorn wrote: »
    The feat reduces Armor by 25% not damage resistance. It's referring to your Armor Class. Though I'm not sure if it means the number value or the DR% granted, either way it should comes out to 3-5% RI.

It would make more sense if it was armor pen as to why it's a 2nd to last tier feat.

Comparing it with the last 2 set in scoundrel together giving +50% damage for more than 1 single attack is laughable. Top this kinda damage with Deft Strike's unavoidable auto daze then shocking execution and I think Exe rogue damage is the least of the problem this module.

testing on preview in icewind dale:

base armor pen: 14%
    stealthed lashing: 92% damage goes through after mitigation
    assumed resist of mobs: 22%

executioner stealthed lashing: 100% damage goes through after mitigation with a 5% bonus from vicious pursuit i guess although i thought that procs after the 1st hit but not b4 it's calculated.....

if it works as you say it does, i shouldn't have bypassed the last 8% of the mobs resist but only 5.5% of it.

edit: this guy is talking about a gwf getting 1-shot by a rogue. only executioners can do that and scoundrels practically lose their entire feat tree vs a gwf.

i will admit that a scoundrel can overwhelm classes without immunity with that deft strike combo (daily is unnecessary), but that's highly dependent on if there is nobody else to prevent you from killing the guy. that rotation is meant for 1vs1 and gets screwed by a more coordinated group since scoundrels can't just hide in stealth.

and all master infiltrator rogues can use shocking execution. although sabs 1-shot anyone with bloodbath.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ninja nerf on GWF's DR???

No, it's the other classes who raised their damage. Mod5 builds emerged.
    edited December 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    No, it's the other classes who raised their damage. Mod5 builds emerged.

thought he meant the patch from 4 days ago. unless he was dependent on the dex bug, executioner capstone bugging out, or fury warlocks doing less damage with a feated killing flames, then nothing really changed since mod 5 started.

but ya, everyone kinda got stronger with the introduction of mod 5
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • Dexterity: No longer incorrectly grants too much bonus deflect to classes that are not Rogues.
    • Scourge Warlock
      • Murderous Flames: No longer incorrectly deals a small amount of damage when the Warlock has a Weapon Enchantment.
    • Trickster Rogue
      • Shadow of Demise: This feat now correctly tracks damage past the initial strike.
      • Twisted Grin: This feat now triggers correctly in all cases.
    • Whisperknife
      • Seething Knives: This feat now deals the correct amount of damage.
    wrong both of you:

Im talking about ALL CLASSES, not just TR class. A "low" TR never one-shot'ed me on OWPvP due my armor + DR but, after this last patch, they could do, not just with LB, but with bloodbath too even while im on unstop and sprinting.

last patch as in mod 5 or 1 of the patches for bug fixing afterwards?

because both rogues and clerics got a complete rework and now function completely different from b4 this module and vary significantly down to each feat tree.

i don't really look into other classes so i know little about their changes
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Top this kinda damage with Deft Strike's unavoidable auto daze then shocking execution and I think Exe rogue damage is the least of the problem this module.

FYI, Deft Strike is avoidable/dodgeable. Yes, if it hits you will be dazed, but it can be dodged and the attack can be interrupted.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• tarftgmtarftgm Banned Users Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    GWF's are in such a bad state right now, it's almost hilarious.

But I won't feel bad, wanna know why? You'll turn out just like TR's when you're re-buffed: Arrogant.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tarftgm wrote: »
    GWF's are in such a bad state right now, it's almost hilarious.

But I won't feel bad, wanna know why? You'll turn out just like TR's when you're re-buffed: Arrogant.

The arrogant ones are the players who ask for indiscriminate nerfs and never think before coming here and post suggestions.
    For example, CWs QQed for months about Unstoppable just cause they could not understand a simple mechanic such as DPS burst/ CC in between unstoppable, kite and at-will spam during unstoppable.

Module 2:

FLS QQ--->right
    Threat Rush QQ--->right
    Unstoppable QQ--->wrong

Would you just put charges on threat rush and tone down FLS damage, a CW would have been able to kite a GWF during unstoppable and solve the issue.

Module 3---> Fix (not nerf) Roar and increase cooldown a little bit. Along with FLS tone down and TR charges. Then burst down a destroyer in between Unstoppable. But no, again, Unstoppable was the problem.

So we got a double nerf on Unstoppable (determination gain AND DR) and that's why GWF is absurdly now less survivable than TRs and HRs.

People never think about the whole picture, but rather what they can't counter. Unstoppable DR was never an issue since you were not supposed to rotate an unstoppable GWF. Yet, it got a nerf. Would devs nerf only either determination gain OR damage resistance from Unstoppable, would've been bearable. But due to nab QQ, they double nerfed it, then removed prones, then nerfed some more DPS, and buffed other classes again and again, most likely to please the angry anti-GWF crowd (who is still quite angry, which is funny considering how weak the class is right now).

Then now we get lame intimidation stuff. Which still makes the class less survivable than current TRs, HRs, DCs, GFs, but allows you to cast AoE utility encounters to deal massive single target damage on overgeared tank builds.

Read it again.

AoE UTILITY encounters used to deal MASSIVE SINGLE TARGET damage on a TANK BUILD which actually has MEDIOCRE SURVIVABILITY.

Those 3 things should exclude each others. Utility should not deal massive damage. AoE should not deal massive single target damage. Tank builds should not deal massive damage. Tank builds should not have mediocre survivability.

Would the QQers think twice instead of giving false feedback or unreasonable feedback, GWFs would be much more balanced and a new buff would not be needed. Be angry with them. Some of them still complain about sprint.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the most fun is : this is incompetence? performance test? sabotage? agenda?

gateway, thanks to exist.
    edited December 2014
    testing on preview in icewind dale:

base armor pen: 14%
    stealthed lashing: 92% damage goes through after mitigation
    assumed resist of mobs: 22%

executioner stealthed lashing: 100% damage goes through after mitigation with a 5% bonus from vicious pursuit i guess although i thought that procs after the 1st hit but not b4 it's calculated.....

if it works as you say it does, i shouldn't have bypassed the last 8% of the mobs resist but only 5.5% of it.

edit: this guy is talking about a gwf getting 1-shot by a rogue. only executioners can do that and scoundrels practically lose their entire feat tree vs a gwf.

i will admit that a scoundrel can overwhelm classes without immunity with that deft strike combo (daily is unnecessary), but that's highly dependent on if there is nobody else to prevent you from killing the guy. that rotation is meant for 1vs1 and gets screwed by a more coordinated group since scoundrels can't just hide in stealth.

and all master infiltrator rogues can use shocking execution. although sabs 1-shot anyone with bloodbath.

I just got around to testing this, you're right it's 25% armor pen. You'd think I'd learn not to trust the tooltips in this game by now.

Also have you tested the CC immunity with scoundrel? The devs have a knack for forgetting CC immune targets when adding abilities, I recall trample the fallen working with CC immune targets for a while back in the day and currently Sun Burst ignores CC immune. Just wondering since it would affect which I choose as a final build.
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    FYI, Deft Strike is avoidable/dodgeable. Yes, if it hits you will be dazed, but it can be dodged and the attack can be interrupted.

I didn't mean it was mechanically un-dodgeable, I meant that it's incredibly unlikely that you can dodge it on purpose. A TR could use it immediately or wait a second, you can dodge anticipating it and they can wait it out. That's if you know they're even there, they don't have to cross a node to use it. There's little you can do to react to it unlike lashing blade or other abilities in the game.

How does one interrupt a stealthed rogue from 60' range?
    edited December 2014
    I just got around to testing this, you're right it's 25% armor pen. You'd think I'd learn not to trust the tooltips in this game by now.

Also have you tested the CC immunity with scoundrel? The devs have a knack for forgetting CC immune targets when adding abilities, I recall trample the fallen working with CC immune targets for a while back in the day and currently Sun Burst ignores CC immune. Just wondering since it would affect which I choose as a final build.
    i know dazing strike interrupts cc-immune players and some mobs (not all attacks/mobs can be interrupted) but that's about it. none of our dazes works on cc-immune mobs.

although i think scoundrels can technically get a 25% damage buff on a cc-immune mob by using cc's that work regardless of immunity. i think it works with courage breaker, but not sure what other controls can bypass the system (including those of other classes).
    I didn't mean it was mechanically un-dodgeable, I meant that it's incredibly unlikely that you can dodge it on purpose. A TR could use it immediately or wait a second, you can dodge anticipating it and they can wait it out. That's if you know they're even there, they don't have to cross a node to use it. There's little you can do to react to it unlike lashing blade or other abilities in the game.

How does one interrupt a stealthed rogue from 60' range?

yeah, that's my main issue as a wizard against a scoundrel. i can control them back hard but i can't do much without help if i get hit by deft strike which is hard to see coming. doesn't help that i don't get enough practice against it since i have fought like 3 scoundrels in comparison to the dozens of sabs/executioners running around.

also doesn't help that the main reason i die is because the entire enemy team just looks at me. let me control people to death in peace!
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No way! GWF is so OP dude! I just cant beat TR.. DC... HR...top tier GF! oh wait thats half the class... at least we stand some chance against CW SW and non BiS GWF... hmmmm.... come to think abt it... that makes me sad...:(
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • arqadiarqadi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    PLZ somebody stop that nightmare with invisibility.Why should any class be invisible ?and also tr with 1 shoot kill ,what about others.They just have fun and easy kills and i have enough that bulls%%.Got 17k gs ,a lot of defence and pvp stuf absorbing 9% damage but Trs 12k gs can kill me with 1 shoot?And i even cant see them !and the best -only good TRs can kill with 1 shoot,wow so thats really helpfull cause noobs trs will kill you with 2 shoots.And what about ICWD?you collectin ice in pvp than you just dead cause some cool guys done invisibility in wrong game.
    edited December 2014
    arqadi wrote: »
    PLZ somebody stop that nightmare with invisibility.Why should any class be invisible ?and also tr with 1 shoot kill ,what about others.They just have fun and easy kills and i have enough that bulls%%.Got 17k gs ,a lot of defence and pvp stuf absorbing 9% damage but Trs 12k gs can kill me with 1 shoot?And i even cant see them !and the best -only good TRs can kill with 1 shoot,wow so thats really helpfull cause noobs trs will kill you with 2 shoots.And what about ICWD?you collectin ice in pvp than you just dead cause some cool guys done invisibility in wrong game.

Perma Stealth is being reworked right now, AMAZINGLY they're using actual D&D rules with it, When you make an attack from stealth you make a opposed stealth check against your target's perception check. I know right? boggleboggleboggleboggle