Install Arc
Options

So it save to say Dungeons are dead?

2»

Comments

• Options
    equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Someone did mentioned about having a more epic or legendary versions of our existing dungeons to have like T3 sets rewards or something. I think its a good idea to have it like with requirement of 14k gs. Not sure what do you guys think of....
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Add good refinement items to the unicorn and drake seal vendors. Add interesting armor and weapon transmutes to them as well. Make these refining items BtA, but worth getting. Heck, maybe add Dread Ring, Sharandar, IWD, and ToD currencies for large numbers of seals, as an incentive to run dungeons.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    equ4lizer wrote: »
    Someone did mentioned about having a more epic or legendary versions of our existing dungeons to have like T3 sets rewards or something. I think its a good idea to have it like with requirement of 14k gs. Not sure what do you guys think of....

Its been mentioned by alot of people before. I recently wrote a post about it as well.

If this games' PVE is to survive I think that is the route it NEEDS to go. The DEVs have proven time and time again they wont CREATE meaningful hard content, so the best option to give us players the MOST content with the least effort from their end is to re-create the existing T1s but just bump all the NPC monsters up another 15 levels.

Then they would still need to create the loot as well, but thats another simple copy/paste. They already have this new "Drow PVP gear" coming out for PVP, so just take those PVP set "values" and make PVE versions of them that drop.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Yes. I don't see how running tier 1 & 2 dungeons are worth it anymore.

HOWEVER, if they implement epic versions of these dungeons (min req 15k GS) with mobs that one-shot players for 25k damage but have epic reward such as greater marks of potency or blood rubies, I think you can easily make a skin of the dungeons viable again.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xtremoz wrote: »
    Hi all,

So After Mod 5 its finally full working its save to say dungeons are dead?

The epic ones yes. As is the campaign dragon in Neverdeath Graveyard.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    nyetdiem wrote: »
    Why does everyone keep asking for RP in dungeons?? Every epic you pick up is more rp for your artifact stuff. Don't have any more AD to buy rp from the AH? Go farm some dungeons for it!

When everyone was concerned that the fey/dragon/tymora enchant drops were becoming BtA & exclaiming about how we should be receiving rp from dungeons, this is what was coming. Now, at the end chest of a dungeon, we receive not only a shard (1,080 rp in regular arti's); but we also receive an epic which can be worth over 1,000 rp in a certain piece of arti equipment!

Agreed, it's not very much in comparison to amount needed to advance levels, but that dead horse has been beaten too many times. And I understand that there is a salvage price, but also a salvage limit (RAD refine). So, instead, let's go out & drop those epic prices under 1 AD per rp! Run those dungeons & flood the market with drops. Screw making a profit, we need to get the whole community on board & farm 'til anyone can start an alt & buff the arti's, old normals & new gear, to at least epic.

If we can do that, we will all be in a much better place.

i dont think people are thinking about 1k rp drops..... theyre talking more about 10k+ rp drops, which would also aleviate the bound hard enchantment issue. cheaper but non bottable rp, to drive down by actually playing the crazy prizes packs are gona have next module.
  • Options
    backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Yeah T2 dungeons are as dead as they ever have been, they need a serious overhaul of the loot tables in these dungeons or nobody will ever run them again. (some guaranteed RP drops might help)

This for sure. I wouldnt mind running that stuff again if they made the epic gear worth some nonlaughably pitiful amount of RPs. Crunching these items down for 5-600 RPs feels anything but "epic", thinking 5-6k would be more acceptable. They need to also consider playstyles other than 24/7 grinders.

They will never slow the people down who already have 5-6 maxed out legendary items already. The current system has me reaching my first orange some time in 2016 unless I slam down even more cash than I already have on this game. I have no problem supporting games I really like but at this point the wallets slamming closed due to the fact its about outta control imho(with no slow down in sight).

Need reasons to run things other than the singular tunnel visioned grind I feel like its becoming.
    Saved!
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    its not just T2, almost all other content is dead
    I was hoping to go back to icewind after I finish the last dragon boon
    progress the pvp campaign, get purified gloves
    but no
    seems like I need to kill few hundreds dragons more...
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like they will have to rename it from "Dungeons and Dragons" to "Dragons and Dragons" :o
  • Options
    regulusstarkregulusstark Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    Guys, I've been playing this game for about a month now and can confirm EVERYTHING you've been saying in this post.
    Well, I hit 60 in 3 days, bought a little zen and adding to the AD I gattered during the leveling process I got a FULL epic set and got my GS to about 10k just like that.
    Upgraded my artifacts, bought some enchants and BAM, all set to run VT (just needed a few days to get the key).

This game has wonderful content that's been wasted by a simple factor: time.
    Seriously, Dragon invasion in 1 to 1 hour ? The goddess of chromatic dragons invades EVERY hour ? C'mon ! With the "zerg" tatic there's people who got the artifact off-hand in like what, 24h since the release of the event !?

The DEVs spend lots of months planning, calculating, wondering, working their #$% off to give us some amazing content BUT let us finish it all off in one single day ? Talk about good news getting old !

I've never been to a t1 dungeon. 1º there's NO queue for that and 2° why WOULD I ? 5 minutes in the action house and I was all set for VT '-'

I find myself doing my dailyes and then logging off, because I know that If I "farm" Tiamat and get my off-hand (completing a full epic/legendary set) this soon, then there will be only pvp left for me to do, and even this is not fun right now because as a CW I'm tired of getting one shot by 9k gs rogues.

So PLEASE, make at least these amazing dragons battles weekly or each 2 and 2 days or whatever, make your amazing news last more for us so we can get that feeling like "man I can't wait until tuesday so I can get my friends and go beat Tiamat up" or something.
    Sorry in advance for any grammar errors, Im not native but I tried really hard.