test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

bare minimum DR for a GF?

ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Right now after upgrading to draconic I dropped to 44% with 48k hitpoints. If I use draconic weapon set over CN I lose around 800 defense and drop to 41ish. I may need to use some armor fort kits to make up for it and still in the process of grinding for rings of shielding.

Also how much lifesteal is good enough to help with tanking? Does guarded assault benefit from it?
Post edited by ghoulz66 on

Comments

• Options
    packrat0packrat0 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can't tell you what is ideal DR for your case, but personally I don't bother with any more than ~40-45%. In my opinion, by that point other stats will be much more valuable.
    As a conqueror spec, I do feel lifesteal is an essential part of my tanking, but effective use of it requires stacking good offensive stats too.

Also, damage from Guarded Assault does give you life from lifesteal (great synergy with Fighter's Recovery during PvE tanking).
    As a side note, stack all the HP you can. Not only does it increase your overall survival, but the damage cap from GA is derived from your HP. More HP, more reflect damage.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    If I use the draconic weapon, I get more health, 220 lifesteal, lose 800 defense. Will have to replace my 3 greater rings of health with rings of shielding with azure enchantments to make up for that. And pop lifesteal fort kits in my set to reach 900 lifesteal. Close to getting the 3rd ToD boon with 200 defense. That should all get me back up to 45% so I'll be in a better spot with more lifesteal and losing no hitpoints.

May just switch to protector seeing how in groups I'm just holding guard up half the time. The conqueror buffs don't make up for getting destroyed in a couple seconds.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Draconic gear is best used as a transmute for the cool look! Black Ice is the answer! :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    icyphish wrote: »
    Draconic gear is best used as a transmute for the cool look! Black Ice is the answer! :D

Don't have the time or patience to grind that from the very start not to mention the horror stories of even completing the set....
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You will be alright, Draconics a good PvE set. Black Ice is a little annoying to use in the long grind imo.
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    icyphish wrote: »
    Black Ice is useless and inferior to a couple of GF sets in one important aspect: team utility!

You could either wear Knights Captain or High General in combination with either Dread Legion or CN weapon sets. This way you can start to stack offensive stats and HP, because you already reached 4k+ defense.

I prefer to be at 50% DR. In order to achieve this with full draconic you need very good gear- at least all rank 7 and 80+ artifacts.
    I get lifesteal through boons and the Vanguards banner. Atm I do use the Water for defensive stats, but DC artifact (which has nice incoming healing too) or Heart of the red dragon work as well.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Conq here. I'm fine at 40% and 45K. LS around 10%. Tact also worked with those specs for me. Could not say for a protector build.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For Protector

DEFENSE.

1th priority = 52.4% DR
    2th priority = Stack Hit Points
    3th priority = LS to a a MAXIMUM of 1.2k

OFFENSE.

1th priority = Resistance Ignored (ArP% + Dex%) to a absolute minimum of 17%, Good 20%, Ideal 24%.
    2th priority = ItF cooldown to 10.7 seconds at MOST, combined with Draconic Set Bonus and Boon will get yo close to 50% Action Point Gain.
    3th priority = Critical change to 1.2k MAXIMUM.. NEVER have more Critical Chance than you have in Power.
    4th priority = If you have stat points left.. put them in Power
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Out of curiosity why not 52% DR? That is a very specific number!
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't forget the new jewelcrafting gear (and remember you can put the ring/belt/neck on your stone):

Personalized Hero's Ring: 1200 HP/ 200 Defl/ off slot/ def slot
    Personalized Hero's Belt: 1000 HP/ 250 Def/ off slot/ def slot
    Personalized Hero's Neck: 300 Def/ 200 Regen/ off slot/ def slot
  • Options
    noblisnoblis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    50% DR is the sweet spot for a GF.
    Between 50% DR and your block, you can you can "be all you can be."
    Remember: LS is based on "damage done." If you are built to tank,
    your damage will be lower than other builds/classes.
    Regen is a better stat for a tank.
    Regen will benefit from a high health pool - better than Lifesteal.
  • Options
    galadrifgaladrif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I use tactician feat and i keep HP over 50k (HP pool is improving) . Mainly for PvE
    My team is very happy with me :)

But yeah DR at 50% and Inspiring Leader from feat makes a great damage boost for party if you use ITF.

Life steal is good and Regen is good.
    I have now more regen build. But i change more to Life steal. Since guarded assault is so good with life steal.

DR 50%->, HP ->, Recovery.
    If i play - I keep in mind that i'm not the DPS here. I help in any way my team to move faster and safer in Dungeon.
    Clerics can go full DPS, and o boy how new Clerics can beat CW-s.
    Same goes in Tiamat.

Now Cryptic changed again rings. Cant wear anymore 2 barbaric rings....