test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mysterious drake scroll

dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    do i get a choice?
    No.
    how much ad?
    1.2M.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The sylph and will o wisp are superior to the better one anyway.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thx alot guys. lazoroth; and guys like him. i really appreciate all ya work
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Another attempted sink whose price is 2x too high lol... You'd think they would eventually learn that cheaper sinks actually remove MORE currency because more people will use them when reasonably priced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hundetrenerenhundetreneren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited December 2014
    Pixles are expensive in this game *nod*
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Another attempted sink whose price is 2x too high lol... You'd think they would eventually learn that cheaper sinks actually remove MORE currency because more people will use them when reasonably priced.

Well 1.2m AD = 2400 zen = $24. Pretty high for just a companion, single use. It is comparable to the zen store though. The has an unoriginal set bonus which is ok if you want it but not really worth getting otherwise, the other gives less control resistance than the 2 companions i already mentioned.

The cockatrice and chicken were much better value.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »

Is that your way of saying 'I want one but I'm not prepared to pay that much for it'?

These sort of AD sinks/promotions are probably more designed for those those with a need to collect everything and those with more AD than they know what to do with. The former group will pay real money for it if they lack the AD. That could have the benefit of reducing the AD:zen conversion rate, at least temporarily perhaps. I don't see this as a promotion that's designed for the majority of players.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Two new companions, but no increase to the limit of inactive companion slots.

Come on, devs...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Too expensive and not quite practical IMO. Though, regardless of how ridiculous prices get, there's always someone who's willing to pay that outrageously inflated price because they "gotta have it now now NOW!!". Leave it to them to buy it then but Cryptic better hope they buy with real money.
  • capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    One of those comp has the same stats as others in game that are much cheaper tan this dragon making this a waste of money.
  • laks0nvelllaks0nvell Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is that your way of saying 'I want one but I'm not prepared to pay that much for it'?

These sort of AD sinks/promotions are probably more designed for those those with a need to collect everything and those with more AD than they know what to do with. The former group will pay real money for it if they lack the AD. That could have the benefit of reducing the AD:zen conversion rate, at least temporarily perhaps. I don't see this as a promotion that's designed for the majority of players.

Is this your way of saying "I am a rich player and this is an opportunity for me to taunt you"?

You dont understand what an AD sink is. It's meant to remove a huge ammount of AD from the game in exchange for something nice. Is this nice? Yep. Is it gonna sell for 1.2 mil to most of the population? Nope, only a handfull of people will buy 2-3 scrolls before they get both. This was probably a conflict between an AD sink and a collectible promotion, resulting in a bit of both. Not quite effective, but we had worse "promos".
  • ktogokimerktogokimer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I happen to love it.
    I love collecting pets/companions.
    I have bought one so far (Hunter) and would like to buy another, I'll see how it goes.

Also no I am not rich.