test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.35.20141125a.3

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2014 in Patch Notes (PC)
Classes and Balance
  • Dexterity: No longer incorrectly grants too much bonus deflect to classes that are not Rogues.
  • Scourge Warlock
    • Murderous Flames: No longer incorrectly deals a small amount of damage when the Warlock has a Weapon Enchantment.
  • Trickster Rogue
    • Shadow of Demise: This feat now correctly tracks damage past the initial strike.
    • Twisted Grin: This feat now triggers correctly in all cases.
  • Whisperknife
    • Seething Knives: This feat now deals the correct amount of damage.

Content and Environment
  • Dread Ring: Heart of Dread: This quest can now be properly offered to characters who have purchased the Dread Ring campaign completion.
  • Tiamat's Bane Achievement is no longer looking for an old beta testing achievement requirements.
  • Tyranny of Dragons: Culling the Cultists is now a daily quest. The number of cultists required to kill has been lowered to 25. Common Cause now requires Culling the Cultists to be completed rather than defeating any of the dragons. There is a new weekly quest to defeat the dragons.
  • Well of Dragons
    • Cult Prison cages are now more difficult to get stuck on.
    • Fetch Quest: The wolf now moves faster to keep up with mounted players and resolved a couple issues that could cause the quest items to be unusable.
    • Fools Gold: Mimics no longer sparkle and look like they can be interacted with.
    • Lay of the Land: The cut scenes can now be skipped.
    • Reclaiming the Hoard: The drop rate for the coffers has increased as well as the total amount required to complete the quest has been reduced to 14 from 25.
    • Rojadio the Invincible brazier can be used while in combat and slightly increased the drop rate on the Motes of Midnight.
    • The Scying Stone has had its levitation spell wear off and is properly on the ground again.
    • The Thwarting Sacrifices Encounter now more reliable respawns when it is supposed to when it has been previously cleared out.
    • The day one quests can no longer be dropped to help prevent issues where players could get stuck on their progress.

Enemies
  • Draconic Heralds: The time limit for this Heroic Encounter has been decreased to 10 minutes and the dragons all have increased health and damage.

Items and Economy
  • Lathander set bonus: The heal on being rescued from Near Death is now affected by Healing Depression in PvP. It also will no longer return other players from a Near Death state

User Interface
  • Resolved an issue where your UI could become unresponsive after visiting the Tailor in rare cases.
  • Scrollbars should no longer have horrible jiggle.
  • When displaying your own healthbar it will no longer always be white s though your life total is changing.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    [*]Scourge Warlock
    • Murderous Flames: No longer incorrectly deals a small amount of damage when the Warlock has a Weapon Enchantment.
    Does that mean it will deal more then it did before? Or will it do less damage now?

Just trying to clarify, thanks! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    No guild mail fix? Tab has been missing since Mod 5 launch. :( I very much need to be able to send out guild mail!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »
    No guild mail fix? Tab has been missing since Mod 5 launch. :( I very much need to be able to send out guild mail!
    This is also a thing that really needs to be fixed!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    hundetrenerenhundetreneren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited December 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »

I second that!
  • Options
    dragonphenoixdragonphenoix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    [*][*]The day one quests can no longer be dropped to help prevent issues where players could get stuck on their progress.

What happens if you dropped before patch will all players that are level 60 that havnt completed this be re issued it
  • Options
    geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    So let me get this straight. You are basically nerfing dex for every other class except TR while boosting their dmg at the same time? <3 the fairness. * I get my info from guild testing these changes in PTR*
  • Options
    rescout1rescout1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And about the Hunter Ranger Position Interface?? i see much players with character change to combat position without fight
  • Options
    panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "When displaying your own healthbar it will no longer always be white s though your life total is changing."

Thanks for fixing my belly aching!
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    geltab wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. You are basically nerfing dex for every other class except TR while boosting their dmg at the same time? <3 the fairness. * I get my info from guild testing these changes in PTR*

This is a bug fix. When module 5 launched, the changes to DEX to give more deflect to TR's gave more deflect to EVERYONE. Or basically something to that effect.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014

It's not a bug. The power, feat, and boon all work correctly together exactly as worded. It's bad gameplay design, but gameplay designs take longer than mere bugs. Be patient, and avoid Tiamat until it gets resolved. :)
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can't wait to try the battlefield medic in SCA. it's been months... Oh wait!
  • Options
    jakse9jakse9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014

LOL I am glad I wasn't the only one that saw that! :rolleyes: TR's are just for players that don't really pvp, so they perma stealth and now better dmg dealt! Lame if you want actual pvp you don't hide the whole time you do battle! Hiding and hitting is a @#$%!'s way of pvp cuz you dont know how to really play your char! LoL jus my thoughts ;)
  • Options
    beastmasterragebeastmasterrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    DC is dps class now?
  • Options
    group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jakse9 wrote: »
    LOL I am glad I wasn't the only one that saw that! :rolleyes: TR's are just for players that don't really pvp, so they perma stealth and now better dmg dealt! Lame if you want actual pvp you don't hide the whole time you do battle! Hiding and hitting is a @#$%!'s way of pvp cuz you dont know how to really play your char! LoL jus my thoughts ;)

Cool story brah....

Nice to seen executioner capstone SoD fixed. Hopefully the fix doesn't result in improper stacking as it did before though :P.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    DC is dps class now?

Yes. That is correct.

D- DPS
    C- Class
  • Options
    geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    This is a bug fix. When module 5 launched, the changes to DEX to give more deflect to TR's gave more deflect to EVERYONE. Or basically something to that effect.

I know it was a bug, but it was a nice bonus for damage dampening against the burst tr's got and apparently are adding to.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014

the dex is not being nerfed, you should not of had that bonus deflect in the first place. There is no boost to TR dps more so fixing a bug where their dps was not working as planned with the executioner cap feat not being powered up from the first hit in stealth.

so they fix a bug and are now nerfing classes? Do you only play to exploit or something? Please read patch notes carefully before jumping to conclusions. The Devs are just trying to fix what they broke when they first introduced changes.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Can't wait to try the battlefield medic in SCA. it's been months... Oh wait!

I agree I think at this point they should either actually fix it or give us all options to unbind and delevel them so we can sell out medics. (none of this seems like it'll happen though)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    some great fixes hopefully more will be next week.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so happy about the SOD fix.
  • Options
    mknance2008mknance2008 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is the update still in progress? is that why im unable to authenticate my darn account nevermind the servers are down but still doesn't explain why my account was unable to authenticate just to login and download the patch files
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    DC is dps class now?
    You didn't get the memo?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I know it was a bug, but it was a nice bonus for damage dampening against the burst tr's got and apparently are adding to.

Seriously dude...

We are not getting "added damage". Shadow of the Demise was broke on release and was going way overboard on damage... they patched it and when they did... it does like "60" damage...

Now they are re-fixing it to do what the feat is supposed to do. Also Shadow of the Demise isn't "burst"... geez. Its the capstone... what do you want them to do... remove it?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Looks like a an hr and few more mins left till its up
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Enemies
    • Draconic Heralds: The time limit for this Heroic Encounter has been decreased to 10 minutes and the dragons all have increased health and damage.

I look forward to the increased health pool of the dragons so they don't get zerged in 30 seconds. Maybe they will last 40 seconds now?

Not sure about the reduced timer of 15 minutes down to 10 minutes to kill them all. I can see where it may lock out other zerg groups from taking out another map. Though the population whinning will probably go from "we kill dragons too fast and farm too much of them to we can't kill them fast enough and now we can't farm belts".
    rescout1 wrote: »
    And about the Hunter Ranger Position Interface?? i see much players with character change to combat position without fight

Most likely it's from the well known Fey Thistle boon bug. It makes your toon go into spastic combat stances. Or HR's only have to hit tab to stay in melee combat stance without combat.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    armitchellarmitchell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's funny how this used to be about GWF's, then HR's then CW's now TR's.. As long as these people's class that they play isnt the one on top they will complain about what ever class is on top.

It's Human nature to complain when they aren't ahead of everyone else. I play a TR myself, was my very 1st character in NW. I am happy to see we are finally contenders in PVE on damage charts as well as PVP areas. I do not play a Perma stealth though. I also play a CW, GWF and 1 of each of the other classes and they all seem to have their strength and weaknesses.

Instead of trying to get your classes on top by getting other classes nerf'd, Learn your class, Play other classes to learn how the abilities work and therefore learning how to avoid the best you can.
    xpaija.jpg
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    This will be fun, dragons doing more damage, but no fix for the DC bug. I hope people enjoy being one-shotted by red that they can't see, during massive framerate drops. (I'd happily lose the ability to do OTT DPS on my healy DC, for the ability to use Astral Seal again in my chosen spec without dragging everyone down to less than one frame per second :D)

(Go on, prove me wrong, make the single biggest issue in the game right now a ninja fix after all, would be amusing..)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    No one is complain about what class is what DC's skills need a cooldown are atless there particle effects on there skills less because its laggy popping all those skills
  • Options
    e5cafl0wnee5cafl0wne Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We will be performing shard maintenance on December 4th from 7-9:30 AM Pacific (15:00-17:00 UTC). Please check the forums.
    so since its 7-9:30 am pacific (should this not be 15:00-17:30 UTC ? ).
This discussion has been closed.