test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Poll: Best Artifact Cloak variant for SW

shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Nine Hells
Hi fellow warlocks,

I wonder what would you name the best artifact cloak choice for a SW (provided the set bonus is not needed - legendary Constitution belt is in place).
If not difficult, give your comments on why you believe the one is the best.

Thanks everyone in advance.
Post edited by shadevp on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you are all tyrannical threat spamming bots, 70% of your damage is related to a daily....
    you may want to wear an imperial one.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    you are all tyrannical threat spamming bots, 70% of your damage is related to a daily....
    you may want to wear an imperial one.

What a way to enter your suggestion, seems like someone has a sore butt.

I cant recall what the stats were, but i think i liked both the Black ice and the Dragon Cloak to go with CON belt.
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Imperial Dragon Cloak for a PvE DPS build, Lathander's Cloak for PvE Tank or PvP builds. For PvP i'd choose Lathander's even for DPS build since imo +4% DR is more useful than an extra daily every 75 secs.
    edited December 2014
    animalust wrote: »
    What a way to enter your suggestion, seems like someone has a sore butt.

I cant recall what the stats were, but i think i liked both the Black ice and the Dragon Cloak to go with CON belt.
    yeah i leveled a sw and stopped playing it for the bad damage design :(
    edited December 2014
    Imperial Dragon Cloak for a PvE DPS build, Lathander's Cloak for PvE Tank or PvP builds. For PvP i'd choose Lathander's even for DPS build since imo +4% DR is more useful than an extra daily every 75 secs.
    you sometimes get struck in combat gaining AP like no tomorrow.
    the buggest ones are CW, spamming storm pillar with that cloak refills you AP again
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Thank you for the response. Is SW OK in PvE without additional DR?
    Right now I am finishing leveling a SW (55 lv) and though I have damage enough I sometimes feel squishy (even with the relatively high HP pool).
    edited December 2014
    as a Fury Warlock, having lvled one twice (once pre mod 4 on test server and then on live) i Certainly Felt squishy for a long time untill i had a good balance of Lifesteal to Power, and Defense and HP.

So if u are unable to get enough defense, which really isnt hard depending on the gear u choose, the extra AC is only a helpful thing.

But! Please remember, More Daily = More Brood = More guaranteed Kills

Rebuke -> Brood -> Curse+Bargain -> Harrowstorm -> Killing Flames. this will kill 90% of the people you run into when solo queue pvp. This will not work on the extremely high end Pay2Winners but to beat them it is best you learn for yourself ;p
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The imperial cloak FTW just look at the stats, guess it depends on what you want your char to do but from a damage stand point its hard to beat AP, power, crit, recovery.
    edited December 2014
    as a Fury Warlock, having lvled one twice (once pre mod 4 on test server and then on live) i Certainly Felt squishy for a long time untill i had a good balance of Lifesteal to Power, and Defense and HP.

So if u are unable to get enough defense, which really isnt hard depending on the gear u choose, the extra AC is only a helpful thing.

But! Please remember, More Daily = More Brood = More guaranteed Kills

Rebuke -> Brood -> Curse+Bargain -> Harrowstorm -> Killing Flames. this will kill 90% of the people you run into when solo queue pvp. This will not work on the extremely high end Pay2Winners but to beat them it is best you learn for yourself ;p

The point is that I am not interested in PvP at all. And in PvE more survivability is really a tempting option, though I quite agree that +AP gain is really an excellent bonus.
    edited December 2014
    in PVE, more Daily = more TT = No one can touch your DPS...

I built my Fury spec as a Tank DPS, and i still out dps 21k + pay 2 winners.
    edited December 2014
    I built my Fury spec as a Tank DPS [snip]

Could you explain a bit what do you mean by tank DPS in case of a SW?
    edited December 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Could you explain a bit what do you mean by tank DPS in case of a SW?

Well i hold pretty much all the aggro unless im with a good GF. even with a good GF I can still pull aggro and get myself killed if I were playing a cookie cutter SW build.

So i stack HP, lightly stack Def and Life steal and some regen. I also stack Incoming Healing, combat advantage bonus and crit % up to 40%.

With 38k HP in my PVE set, im at something like 2k Def, 1.8k Lifesteal (been lowering it as i gain more Power/HP) I fight in Melee Range with Warlocks Bargain, Blades of Vanquished Armies and Dreadtheft to make 100% usage of my Creeping Death damage. Hellish rebuke and Warlocks Bargain allow me to deal more damage and heal myself more often by taking Damage, and Hand of Bligh in melee range provides fast AP gain, Damage Debuffs, and lets face it, pretty nice DPS.

So i tested this build for a month before deciding on it for the live server, and I don't regret it. there isn't a boss I cant face tank not includign Tiamat, and the recent changes to Well of Dragons, I cant solo the dragons fast enough any more =(

and then when im bored of being the top dps in dungeons, I change my abilities a little bit and then kick some *** in pve where i have 3 specific playstyles, and 2 gear sets to utilize depending on my enemies quality and teamwork.
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the response. A couple of ?? if I might:

1. 38k HP - does it mean that you are slotting rads in all defense slots? If yes, how the over 2k defense is achieved?
    2. Blades of VA - is it really that good to be used constantly. I found it rather disappointing from the damage point of view. Am I missing smth?
    3. About the Hand of the Blight - I also quite liked this At Will (Hellish Rebuke is OK but for me it is too slow to allocate (especially on multiple targets - may be it's just an impression after my DC (Brand of the Sun is way faster))). I am now thinking about the Main Hand artifact and (off topic though it is but) could you recommend the Hand of Blight one or the Hellish Rebuke? Both seem appealing, but...
    edited December 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. A couple of ?? if I might:

1. 38k HP - does it mean that you are slotting rads in all defense slots? If yes, how the over 2k defense is achieved?
    2. Blades of VA - is it really that good to be used constantly. I found it rather disappointing from the damage point of view. Am I missing smth?
    3. About the Hand of the Blight - I also quite liked this At Will (Hellish Rebuke is OK but for me it is too slow to allocate (especially on multiple targets - may be it's just an impression after my DC (Brand of the Sun is way faster))). I am now thinking about the Main Hand artifact and (off topic though it is but) could you recommend the Hand of Blight one or the Hellish Rebuke? Both seem appealing, but...

well i have all boons unlocked (not the 6th and 7th from tiamat though)
    I use Golden Dragons Pride at legendary (Thank you 2 x RP weekend!) and recently added COn Belt at only rank 44 (replaced the IWD belt with HP).

Defense Slots are mostly HP, a friend who quit the game gave me a rank 10 radiant so i have that in my Pants ;p

Blades of Vanquished, ive just always loved this ability. It procs creeping death and does lots of fast damage. it makes things pretty easy for me, run into the center of a group of mobs, vanquishes armies and a few curses and everythings dead.

I liek to use it vs dragons and bosses too, because its fast damage that procs more Creepign death. also when my cooldowns are down, I can hit my Blades, then reapply Curse, Hellish Rebuke, and get in a good 4 or 5 Hand of BLights at melee range before my Warlocks Bargain and Dreadtheft are ready to go.

I went with Golden Dragons Pride for hte hP and the fact that I use Hand of LBight so much i felt like it was the best choice.

I love Hellish rebuke but i wont ever be able to lvl a second arty weapon to even a ttept to play with it
    edited December 2014
    Thanks a lot for your time spent on responding :)
    edited December 2014
    No worries, my setup is not for everyone and is not the maximum DPS that SW is capable of.
  • slaaneshihorrorslaaneshihorror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited December 2014
    I'd recommend the Imperial Dragon Cloak myself.
    It's what I use, and honestly I do not regret the decision.
    The lack of DR can easily be circumvented by an adjustment of playstyle.
    I've only got 24k HP in PvE and I can safely say I almost never die.
    The key is to adjust to never standing still.
    Constantly keep on the move.
    You don't even have to use your shift mechanic.
    You should easily be able to casually jog out of most attacks with little worry.
    It just takes time to get use to.
    But once you do, you won't even need the extra DR.
    And the extra Tyrannical Threat casts are well worth it.
    Greycloaks Bank Manager - Malanael Corventus.