test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll: Best Artifact Cloak variant for GWF

shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hi guys,

I wonder what would you name the best artifact cloak choice for a GWF (provided the set bonus is not needed - legendary Strength belt is in place).
If not difficult, give your comments on why you believe the one is the best.

Thanks everyone in advance.
Post edited by shadevp on

Comments

• Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I wonder what would you name the best artifact cloak choice for a GWF (provided the set bonus is not needed - legendary Strength belt is in place).
    If not difficult, give your comments on why you believe the one is the best.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Please state your GWF spec (instigator / destroyer / sentinel) and for what use (PvP / PvE) so we can better help you.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Swordmaster
    Destroyer
    PvE

Sorry for not mentioning it at once :)
  • Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    question to ppls that voted for lathander cloak is it becuase of bugged set bonus that proc from SF?

i personaly voted for BI neck cause its daily per 15-20 sec
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, it's either BI Cloak or Imperial Dragon Cloak if you're not after the bonus. Depends if you need armor penetration or recovery.
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I went with Lath as my choice. The 4% added damage resistance at Legendary, plus the power, defense, and recovery. I am also using a legendary Strength belt and 3 legendary artifacts on my Destroyer (so not looking at a set bonus).
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for all who responded.

Basically, if we do not consider the set bonus, the choice is pretty much clear - between the +AP gain bonus or +4% DR. And that is the question of what is better. On the one hand, +AP gain is really cool (no point denying it); on the other - plus 4% DR is also nothing you can sneer at.

Personally, I don't feel that GWF's dailies are that good (especially compared to some other professions), so maybe Lathander is the best option?
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    what ever cloak you pick you will most likely lose your ad! None of the sets are design for GWF, i have picked a seldarine due price, but if the ap builds are doable again with the new BI/Imperial i had made a rly bad decision...
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I picked the cloak that works for my build STAT wise, I wont be getting a set. My CON belt cost more than a brand new copy of Dragon Age. I be damned if I change it
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    what ever cloak you pick you will most likely lose your ad! None of the sets are design for GWF, i have picked a seldarine due price, but if the ap builds are doable again with the new BI/Imperial i had made a rly bad decision...

Well, it was said above that the set bonus is not considered (due to the fact that it is negligible). So, apart from the carving particular cloak's stats into your current stats, it's mainly the choice between AP gain or more defense (4% DR for a GWF on top of 2,6K I have right now will be more than 1,4K additional defense).
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Well, it was said above that the set bonus is not considered (due to the fact that it is negligible). So, apart from the carving particular cloak's stats into your current stats, it's mainly the choice between AP gain or more defense (4% DR for a GWF on top of 2,6K I have right now will be more than 1,4K additional defense).

and in like a week or two we;ll get new artifact sets, most likely with a good set for us and you;ll cry with me and all the rest for having invested so much into something that will be useless...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    and in like a week or two we;ll get new artifact sets, most likely with a good set for us and you;ll cry with me and all the rest for having invested so much into something that will be useless...

Well, you are probably right. But my guess for the next artifacts - it will be the rings...
    Anyways, thank you for your opinion, your point is strong :)