test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions to make Guilds more important and Neverwinter more amazing!

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello everyone,

Demonmonger here bringing some dark suggestions to enhance our gameplay. First off we all enjoy this game as it is, but something could be done to make everyone have a more amazing experience.

Guild Changes Suggested

Guild Buffs
    (These power ups can be purchased by the guild leader with astral diamonds from guild bank depository)
    1. Power Buff - 300
    2. Defense Buff - 300
    3. Deflection Buff - 300
    4. Regeneration Buff - 300
    5. Lifesteal Buff - 300
    6. Armor Penetration Buff - 300
    7. Bonus x1.5% XP Buff
    8. Bonus x1.5% Glory Gain Buff
    9. Bonus x1.5% Gold Gain Buff
      (All buffs have a duration of two hours and will persist even after player death or log out)

[*]Guild Bank Astral Diamond Depository
    1. Players can now donate astral diamonds to guild bank
    2. Astral diamonds can be used to unlock more guild bank slots
    3. Astral diamonds can be used to purchase guild buffs
      (Guild leader will have new options to choose who can manage guild buffs in guild permissions list)

[*]Guild Symbol Cloak
    1. Players will be able to do a quest to kill a monster to unlock guild cloak
    2. Guild cloak will be a free transmutable BOP item
    3. Only those in the party that complete the Guild Quest will get cloak
    4. Guild leader can upload personal Guild Symbol to the cloak
    5. The quest to obtain cloak will be given by guild bank NPC
    6. The quest to obtain cloak will can be repeated like all daily quests

Let's make it happen people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Post edited by demonmonger on

Comments

• gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      Im a big fan of these ideas,except for the buffs.The reason why is it can cause a bit of a advantage(for people in PvP(fell like they will complain about the class but its really a buff))f it was gauntlegrym and dungeons only, then i say im all for it.The cloak sounds like the a great idea,depository should be put in immediately.
    • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      gman118 wrote: »
      Im a big fan of these ideas,except for the buffs.The reason why is it can cause a bit of a advantage(for people in PvP(fell like they will complain about the class but its really a buff))f it was gauntlegrym and dungeons only, then i say im all for it.The cloak sounds like the a great idea,depository should be put in immediately.

Thanks for the response!

I can see what you mean about the buffs being much for pvp.
      300 stat points is like a rank 10 enchantment :)
      However, most people have already soft capped out so this would mainly help those with lower stats.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      No to buffs, temporary or not. Membership in a guild should not equal a direct increase in power or stats, for any reason. I can support a guild store, that might offer discounts on currently available, existing, potions and foods. But not outright buffs. And no to unique or special buff items unavailable anywhere else.

Guilds should exist as a social group, or a means to coordinate group centric content and activities. Not as a means to directly increase ones personal power or stats.
    • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      the only problem with cloaks is that u cant imagine how many 8======D and CCCP trash staff would have to delete
      Paladin Master Race
    • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 24 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      burkaanc wrote: »
      the only problem with cloaks is that u cant imagine how many 8======D and CCCP trash staff would have to delete

Cryptic already has a solution they can implement. In STO, fleets (guilds) can design their own emblem, which can be displayed on uniform and ship. These emblems are designed from prefab pieces. No offensive designs can be made.
      eqDaIYP.png

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
    • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      sockmunkey wrote: »
      No to buffs, temporary or not. Membership in a guild should not equal a direct increase in power or stats, for any reason. I can support a guild store, that might offer discounts on currently available, existing, potions and foods. But not outright buffs. And no to unique or special buff items unavailable anywhere else.

Guilds should exist as a social group, or a means to coordinate group centric content and activities. Not as a means to directly increase ones personal power or stats.

Then you should check out other MMOs as there is others that have buffs available for those that are in guilds.
    • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      No.
      Just no.
      Gated Character Advancement sucks.
      Period.
      Especially when that Character Advancement is Gated behind Guilds.
      It gives them too much power and control over the Playerbase, even that portion that doesn't want to/just can't be a part of any Guild.
      You can have your Perks, of course.
      Storage, Guild Shops, Housing, a guaranteed source of trusted Adventurers for Runs, ets. This is just fine. In fact it would be great for the Game. I support it wholeheartedly. Bring on the Guild V. Guild PvP. Sounds awesome.
      My problems come when you say, sorry, you cannot participate in this Character Advancement without joining a non-official, unregulated player Agency, and jump through whatever hoops they feel like making you jump through for the "privilege" of advancing your Character.
      My experience with Guilds has been mostly bad, especially in this game. Either my strange, unpredictable schedule causes problems for my Guildies, or I end up with a would-be Dictator who thinks that they have some "right" to run my free time to their benefit or demand items, even A.D., from me for the sake of my "Membership".
      So, no.
      Please do not Gate me out of my Character Advancement.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
      edited November 2014
      These suggested buffs are nothing compared to what other MMOs offer. One MMO gives a base of 5% xp buff and additional bonus of +1% xp and +1% rep bonus for every 5 recruits in the guild up to a 10% total buff for xp and rep
      edited November 2014
      rhoric wrote: »
      These suggested buffs are nothing compared to what other MMOs offer. One MMO gives a base of 5% xp buff and additional bonus of +1% xp and +1% rep bonus for every 5 recruits in the guild up to a 10% total buff for xp and rep

Then what is the point in being unique if the plan is to simply copy everything every other game does? Im not playing those games, for the very reason that Neverwinter is different in many ways.
      edited November 2014
      Then what is the point in being unique if the plan is to simply copy everything every other game does? Im not playing those games, for the very reason that Neverwinter is different in many ways.

Except the stuff being offered as suggestions here are not exactly like others. It is only a small xp buff here with a timer. The other MMO is a permanent buff while in the guild. These are just ideas to make guilds more viable for players for grouping and being more social with others.
      edited November 2014
      These are just ideas to make guilds more viable for players for grouping and being more social with others.

If a guild needs these kind of incentives to be viable. Then that is a problem with the guild and not the game. Clearly many guilds have manged to survive in this game up to this point without such incentives.
    • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      Bring back Guild Message instead!!
      My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
      edited November 2014
      If a guild needs these kind of incentives to be viable. Then that is a problem with the guild and not the game. Clearly many guilds have manged to survive in this game up to this point without such incentives.

Read it again. This is to get people to join guilds. Look at all the issues of PUGs yet people don't want to join guilds. These ideas if implemented would make joining a guild for grouping a better idea.
      edited November 2014
      Read it again. This is to get people to join guilds. Look at all the issues of PUGs yet people don't want to join guilds. These ideas if implemented would make joining a guild for grouping a better idea.

If they don't want to join a guild, there is most likely a reason for it. Offering incentives, or direct buffs to abilities and power, wont change that. It will simply flood guilds with people who don't honestly want to be there. In much the same way that people force themselves to PVP despite a distaste of it, just for the rewards.

Are you honestly saying you feel guilds would want or welcome this type of situation?
      edited November 2014
      No. It would make joining a guild more viable. People just don't see sometimes that being in a guild is more beneficial to them. These are just suggestions and if things were implemented it doesn't mean all of it would be added.
    • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      Guild cloaks would be cool. Bonus points if they were free to transmute items.

I'm not in favor of the buffs, though.

I'd like to see something like guild portals, where you can travel from anywhere back to the guild portal, and perhaps have access to a guild healer, who can remove injuries.

I'd also like to see other bonuses for playing with fellow guild members - maybe a slight buff to the drop chances for those guild members teaming together.
      <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
      "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
      Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      blazious11 wrote: »
      Bring back Guild Message instead!!

I second that!

And I'm telling you, guilds are good as they are now (well, lack of guild mail hurts), you join a guild you like, not the one that can give you some advantage even if you hate people there.
      edited November 2014
      People just don't see sometimes that being in a guild is more beneficial to them.

Wow, you actually used the "They don't know what they are missing" argument. Besides sounding condescending its also very much incorrect. I could argue that people are opposed to joining guilds simply due to limited time available, a comment actually mentioned here already. I could argue that people might have actually been in guilds and seen nothing but drama, headaches, and egos. And have a very deep understanding of just what they are avoiding.

I could, but it clearly would be a waste. Id rather not continue to converse with anyone who has already decided that I'm simply too dumb to know what I'm missing.

I will end this by simply restating that tying power and progress to guild status is, and always will be, a bad idea. And I will oppose it each time it comes up. Any guild worth their reputation shouldn't have to rely on gimmicks and rewards to maintain membership, or to be viable. And if they do, they are honestly not a guild worth considering, or mentioning. And are no better then the ones that blindly invite random people to pad their numbers.
    • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 276 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      I'll ad my voice to the " No to the Guild Buffs" folks. My personal opinion, and eperience as one of the guild leaders of Tyrs Paladium, is that I would not want the hassel of dealing with those who join to get the buffs. It is hard enuff to get folks to join up and party together as it is. And if they get those buffs, my susspicion is that it will only promote more solo play.
      As to the other ideas suggested, yeah those seem ok. The AD to a guild bank would be a much wanted utility. Also another item that would help, is if they would fix the guild voice chat feature. Esspecialy now with the 25 man Tiamat fight comeing up. Heck maybe even tie it in with the guild AD option. If guild members could contribute AD to the guild bank, then charge guilds AD for the use of a guild voice chat chanel. Now theres another AD sink.
    • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      People just don't see sometimes that being in a guild is more beneficial to them.

Interesting that this comes up because someone must have noted my lack of guild membership and asked me in chat the other day if I saw any advantages to not being in a guild. I answered slightly evasively expecting a recruitment pitch, that I didn't see any disadvantages.

On the topic of other games. I know the Planetside 2 devs are doing what they can to encourge 'guild' membership simply because they have data that shows players stick around for longer if they're part of one. I don't know whether the same applies to Neverwinter. If so, this sort of thing may be inevitable.
    • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      Lol well..
      Let's see if anything positive comes from the OP

Guild cloaks could work.
      Guild AD contribution could work.

I see many people don't like guild buffs..

Let's see what we can agree on.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      Wow, you actually used the "They don't know what they are missing" argument. Besides sounding condescending its also very much incorrect. I could argue that people are opposed to joining guilds simply due to limited time available, a comment actually mentioned here already. I could argue that people might have actually been in guilds and seen nothing but drama, headaches, and egos. And have a very deep understanding of just what they are avoiding.

I could, but it clearly would be a waste. Id rather not continue to converse with anyone who has already decided that I'm simply too dumb to know what I'm missing.

I will end this by simply restating that tying power and progress to guild status is, and always will be, a bad idea. And I will oppose it each time it comes up. Any guild worth their reputation shouldn't have to rely on gimmicks and rewards to maintain membership, or to be viable. And if they do, they are honestly not a guild worth considering, or mentioning. And are no better then the ones that blindly invite random people to pad their numbers.
      i dont like the idea of bonus to guilds, what i would really like is:
      1) guild emblem near our name
      2) guild vs guild
      3) guild housing
      with possibility to craft items for trasmo
      4) possibility to donate astrals
      those astral can be spent as follow: - new slots bank
      - limited increase in drop rate chance for a limited time
      - limited x2 RP event to guild member only
      things like these and absolutely not boosts to power/crit/whatever
    • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      Guild emblems yes, guild buffs no. What I would really like to see is some form of oversight of guilds. Even if this was in the form of tiered guilds, "tier 1 guilds" could have certain standards they need to maintain such as number of successfully completed "highest difficulty" dungeons (for pve guilds), for pvp guilds the standard could be any number of things such as a GUILD leader board- a leaderboard that ranked guilds rather than individual players and only guild vs guild matches would count (nudge nudge this would go SO WELL with separate guild/pug ques). What this kind of oversight would do is separate the "bad" guilds from the "good" guilds. Officially. To be really honest, in the end, to get in an actual good guild you work at it. You make connections with guild leadership and prove yourself through running with them. Getting random invites to guilds from players you don't even know immediately tells you about the quality and standards of that guild.
    • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
      edited November 2014
      I agree to this in principal, but I disagree with the suggested implementation.

Go play cryptic's other game, Star Trek Online to understand how they'll likely implement this since it's already done there.

Fleet Star Bases. They come with "Fleet" versions of gear that are better, they come with stores that sell buffs and consumables, etc. The fleet has to build up the base, it's not there to start and takes MONTHS to unlock even if you have all the resources you need (as it should be).

To people who don't like it that guilds have something about them that's better -- go play Skyrim. This is a social game. Sorry to be so blunt, but if you are not interested in joining a guild, then you are voluntarily excluding yourself from parts of the game already - this would be no different.

I would like to see two things.

1) An implementation similar (but in true Neverwinter Style BETTER than what is in STO).
      2) An increase in the guild member limit to at least 2000, 5000 would be better. That way ALL the members of my guild can be consolidated into a single guild instead of 5 separate ones so that we can work together on a single Guild House instead of having all of our resources split to build out 5 different ones that can only be used by the individual groups instead of everyone in the guild.

(While you're at it, put in a PvP flagged area in the house so guildmates can spar.)
      (While you're at it, put in a private queue system like you have in STO too!)