test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to get Linu's Favor?

lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
It says to open Tiamat, you need Linu's Favor to get more Linu's Favor. When you finish the campaign, it doesn't give any. 100 coffers doesn't give Linu's Favor either. What is going on? Is this item going to be available only when Tiamat comes?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You don't need that campaign achievement to unlock Tiamat's encounter. You need to finish Tiamat's encounter once to unlock that campaign achievement.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When Tiamat goes Live, you'll be able to donate to the treasure hoard to earn Linu's Favor.

MXBq6oz.jpg

For now, just keep stocking up on treasures to throw in there. The quest IS repeatable.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wait for Tiamat and everything will work out fine.
  • lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Thanks guys :)
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sorry double post
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lol:
    100 coffers ... 1/15 min = 4/hour = 25 hours play
    or
    1500 coins = .... 150 dragon kills with non-great success or 100 great success - 5 dagons/hour = 30 hours chasing dragons
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you don't have 1500 dragon hoard coins by now, you haven't been playing.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    Lol:
    100 coffers ... 1/15 min = 4/hour = 25 hours play
    or
    1500 coins = .... 150 dragon kills with non-great success or 100 great success - 5 dagons/hour = 30 hours chasing dragons

It's meant to be a supplement, not a fast lane.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • slaaneshihorrorslaaneshihorror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It's meant to be a supplement, not a fast lane.

Thanks for the information.
    It's appreciated.
    Just a question though.
    Is this a weekly quest?
    A daily quest?
    I'm sure it's a weekly, but I like to ask, just in case.
    Greycloaks Bank Manager - Malanael Corventus.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It looks like it is meant to be another AD dump. But I doubt it will be a weekly, that would mean roughly 16 weeks lol. Surely Tiamat will drop some of these thigns
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the information.
    It's appreciated.
    Just a question though.
    Is this a weekly quest?
    A daily quest?
    I'm sure it's a weekly, but I like to ask, just in case.

You can repeat it as many times as you have resources for it.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can repeat it as many times as you have resources for it.

I actually like this system , The Well of Dragons is going to be buzzing all the time instead of being empty , people actually have a reason to do stuff there even after finishing the campaign.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From Neverwinter Nights Wiki:

Linu La'neral

Linu La'neral is a female elven cleric of the elven goddess, Sehanine Moonbow. She hails from the city of Evereska. Linu is clumsy (some say unfortunate), often causing accidents in her wake. She has a somewhat naïve world view but is well liked by many players for her constantly positive outlook and her kindheartedness to the player character and others. She has a great deal of humorous lines and stories, including how she met her now dead husband.

Due to her outgoing and affectionate nature, many of her lines can be interpreted as romantic towards male PC's. Some flirting is possible, and as long as a male PC completes all three of her quests and is kind to her, a romance is possible.

So, if you really want to get Linu's favor, sweet talk her and flirt. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since Dragon Empire Treasures cost 50000 AD in the Wondrous Bazaar, a few calculations suggest:
    • The long-term price of Dragon Hoard Coffers should not exceed 3750 AD (50000 AD / 200 * 15).
    • Artifact off-hands, artifact cloaks and Incantations of the Dragon Queen can be impulse-bought for 5625000 AD (50000 AD / 200 * 1500 * 15).

Also, a casual Well of Dragons player will earn about 250 treasure points a day (Dragon Empire Treasures campaign task + a few Coffers and Coins), be able to purchase one Linu's Favor about every 6 days, and be able to buy one 15-Linu item after 90 days of dailies, without resorting to the Auction House or Wondrous Bazaar. Grinding the Temple obviously shortens this greatly, although I don't know if the Temple is considered casual content.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • glorygemmglorygemm Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A question to be sure:

PREVENT TIAMAT'S RETURN -> 5 Times = 5 Linu's Favor?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    glorygemm wrote: »
    A question to be sure:

PREVENT TIAMAT'S RETURN -> 5 Times = 5 Linu's Favor?

People have been reporting that the quest isn't active at the moment but yes , once it is unlocked this is the way , there is also the rep quest .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited November 2014
    I'll know for sure tomorrow morning. I'll be finished with the campaign to this point on live, and will copy my toon over to preview to see.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    When Tiamat goes Live, you'll be able to donate to the treasure hoard to earn Linu's Favor.

MXBq6oz.jpg

For now, just keep stocking up on treasures to throw in there. The quest IS repeatable.

its really nice deisgn tbh it will keep the WoD map lively instead of being death town like IWD is now.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    its really nice deisgn tbh it will keep the WoD map lively instead of being death town like IWD is now.

That IS the truth! At least the devs made some improvements over IWD design!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."