test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best armor set for mod 5?

akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Thieves' Den
I was wondering what everyone else thinks is the best armor set for Mod 5 now?

before the update I was using Battlefield Skulkers and running a semi perma Executioner build, but with the changes to stealth the bonus of 25% extra stealth is not really helpful at all with my current executioner build.

I have changed to the swashbucklers set that I had waiting around in my bank but is this still the best one to use? Purified Black Ice seems good but only for defense as it doesn't seem to have much in the offense stats. The new Draconic Templar set looks interesting but not sure how much the 4 set bonus will help.
Post edited by akemnos on

Comments

• mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It really depends what you're trying to do.

For burst damage, the upcoming Drow set is probably going to be your best bet. The 8% damage increase from stealth isn't a lot, but it is something, whereas most of the other sets give you pretty much nothing. The 30% stealth duration bonus lets you take Heroic points out of stealth duration and throw them elsewhere, too, which is super useful. I'll definitely be taking this set for my PvP needs once it's released.

For PvE (as a Scoundrel), I'm using Master Duelist. The cooldown reduction means more smokebombs and dazing strikes, which means more control. I'll probably swap to Drow for dungeons when that comes out and I start running those: with other players around, having 100% daze uptime is a lot less important.

Right now... I'd say the best set would be Black Ice something or other. It just gives a whole ton of stats relative to the other PvP sets. For PvE, any set is going to work: as Executioner, your damage is already going to be top of Paingiver, so anything you add on top is just kind of over the top. Swashbucklers is probably a good bet, though.

As for Templar, I'm just not feeling the set bonus. It's a good survivability buff, so if you die a lot, it's probably good (it should reduce crit damage by 20%, after all, so it might actually solve TR Sudden Death Syndrome). On an Exe who already deals plenty of damage, it's probably a fine set.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I haven't seen the drow armor yet. I looked in the pvp gear section but it didn't show it for me (maybe only visible on preview?)

Yeah I am not sure about the set bonus for Templar either but I did like the stat distribution. Pretty even all around and adds HP as well which I miss from the battlefield set.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    profound scoundrel is always the answer....pvp/pve does not matter
  • fom222fom222 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ı couldnt find any modul 5 tr perma stealt build... anybody know a build...... or can share own build please..... thank you....
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I personally like the Mod 4 Draconic set. I only do PvE so it may not be best for PvP but it does very well for me in any PvE encounter.

Of course, I also have Perfect Vorpal enchantment, which adds a bit of a punch!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    really you are running P vorpal with the draconic set? seems sort of against each other since draconic doesn't give any critical strike bonuses at all. I guess you could slot a lot of Azure's instead of Radiants but it seems weaker that way. (or at least in my opinion)
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    really you are running P vorpal with the draconic set? seems sort of against each other since draconic doesn't give any critical strike bonuses at all. I guess you could slot a lot of Azure's instead of Radiants but it seems weaker that way. (or at least in my opinion)

Well, my critical chance is 42%, so it works fairly well, and I only have a couple of azures.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."