test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trapper boss rotation

gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Wilds
Title says it pretty much. If you play a Trapper what is the rotation you use for bosses? I´m still trying to work out a good one, either for support or DPS.
Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
Post edited by gabrieldourden on

Comments

• Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    RoA, TW, CS, RS, TAB- TS, CS, RoA, RS TAB over and over again. 4 attacks per stance maxes your Serpent. Since crippling applies a root in both stances Master Trapper is usually up. Seismic when it comes up which is fairly often thanks to Biting Snares is fairly often. A note here is that Serpent treats sisemic as a ranged attack regardless of stance so you can finish your melle rotation for full serpent, seismis, RS, and TAB to get both siesmis and RoA at full buff. You may want more root attacks if you went with Thorned Roots which I did not.
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fox C, hindering shot/ConstrictingA, Roa, TAB, fox, HS, RoS - Sacrificing a little dps for team's fox dodge in LOL and Sot. Fox is also good at meele gap closer. Or change it for TW/TS. With high enough recovery I dont even use At wills.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for replying!

At the moment in Lol and SoT I use Rain, Fox and TW (for dodges and defense debuff) and I agree, at wills are basically not needed. I slot Aspect of the Pack for extra party DPS and Lone Wolf for better survival.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry for asking but it looks like your rotation applies no roots. So you're not using Master Trapper at all? I'm all for teamwork but that's a lot of buff not to use....
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lone wolf not needed (since fox is up in every 6 seconds), but you might want to use aspect of the serpent and aspect of the pack everytime.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I use TW, HS and RoA or marauder's, HS and RoA/TW depending on whether it is safe to stand by the boss or better to be able to move about. In ELoL I throw FS into the mix for the dodge. I like hitting the boss with the odd aimed strike for the DoT life steal you don't get from roots because of the cc immunity
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Sorry for asking but it looks like your rotation applies no roots. So you're not using Master Trapper at all? I'm all for teamwork but that's a lot of buff not to use....

You know, I should get more sleep instead of writing on the forums .... You´re definitely right. I should have said:

rotation is thorn/rain/hindering or fox/rain/hindering for debuff or defense.

I didn't invest in the Aspect of the Serpent feat so Serpent is not that crucial for me. Today I tried Careful Attack and two Red Glyphs and that added quite some punch to my dps.