test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soulbinder

ychiakiychiaki Member Posts: 123 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Nine Hells
Well today the new paragon path is coming up and after weeks it hasn't received enough tweaks. Still, I'm no SW expert and never considered myself like that, so maybe someone in this forum section can answer me, what is Soulbinder good for? In which situation do you guys consider it will be able to shine in a different or better way than Hellbringer? PvP? Tanky PvE? Maybe damage in PvE (though I doubt it)?
I'd appreciate it if anyone could answer these questions.
DC Divine Oracle Faithful
HR Stormwarden Trapper / Stormwarden Combat
GWF Swordmaster Destroyer
CW Master of Flame Thaumaturge / Spellstorm Oppressor
TR Master Infiltrator Executioner
SW Soulbinder Fury
Post edited by ychiaki on

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Still trying to figure out that one myself. Having tested it briefly on Preview, I'd say most people that choose it will probably do so for PvP.

$.02
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Imo, the only thing that's good for is a Temptation PvP spec, but even for PvP only if you have the Borrowed Time artifact off-hand for the increased survivability.

For Fury specs or PvE i wouldn't even consider it, since you're loosing to much DPS to make it useful, even as a Temptation you're better off sticking to Hellbringer if all you do is PvE, since the higher DPS means higher HPS also.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Soulbinder is superb for survivability, as people said particularly with the Off-Hand Artifact ability for Borrowed Time.

Aside from that, not amazing for DPS and I'll be staying Hellbringer. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'll tell ya what:
    I'm messing around with it now, and I'm just LOVIN' it!
    Despite losing about 1,000 GS worth of assorted Buffs, I'm doing more damage and have just SOOOOOO much more survivability, even without the Offhand. Soul Scorched? Prods some serious Buttock. Those Sparks? Awesome. Essence Defiler? Corpse melty goodness!
    This likely has as much to do with my old character not being the most powerful 'Lock ever than the new Path, but still: Awesomesause!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time