test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't play from Hungary

masolosmasolos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi.

(Sorry for my bad english but I'm hungarian). I don't know where I have to open thread about this problem so I'm sorry if I opened it in wrong place.

I'm a hungarian player and me and all player from Hungary can't play the game today. We don't know why but we have the "Server not responding..." message (usually more than 100 seconds) in every minute. And this problem appeared after the today patch. I don't know that someone else have same issue from another country but I think not because everyone can play except our (the hungarian players). Please fix this problem because we lost this day all of the daily quests, the daily invoke and of course we can't do the any campaign tasks :'c
Post edited by masolos on

Comments

• cnxicnxi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can second that, even my launcher takes ages to load, and when I'm finally in, the game is loading so slow it's just pinging out.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    masolos wrote: »
    Hi.

(Sorry for my bad english but I'm hungarian). I don't know where I have to open thread about this problem so I'm sorry if I opened it in wrong place.

I'm a hungarian player and me and all player from Hungary can't play the game today. We don't know why but we have the "Server not responding..." message (usually more than 100 seconds) in every minute. And this problem appeared after the today patch. I don't know that someone else have same issue from another country but I think not because everyone can play except our (the hungarian players). Please fix this problem because we lost this day all of the daily quests, the daily invoke and of course we can't do the any campaign tasks :'c

I have this problem too change proxy also dont help.
    Connection to server timed out .......
    Gateway dont work for us too.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This problem seems to affect people going thru Cogent, so they're probably throttling Neverwinter because of the increased traffic generated by the prepatching. I can play fine since i'm connecting to Neverwinter through a diff route, but more than half of my guild goes thru Cogent and can't play.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pre-patching doesn't start until you quit the game. It's not running while you're playing, and wouldn't stop you from logging in.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i can't play the game, the launcher loads very slow, and if finally i get the character screen it keeps loading forever.

Edit: I have tested my internet speed and is ok. So it's not my fault. Fix it please.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • cnxicnxi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Mine seems a lot better now, I've managed to log in and can play albeit latency is spiky here and there.
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tried again and now everything looks fine . i'm back in game . ty
    @magenubbie
    Well, when i said to fix it i meant at contracts..every game company must have a contract with an ISP or something, so a phone call to the ISP to ask what is going on is more like...necessary..
    In other words i've checked my ISP speed and everything was fine, Cryptic should've check their one.
    Yes, sometimes some hick ups may occur on the internet but if the problem persists then it's all about the other side ISP or game company.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    tried again and now everything looks fine . i'm back in game . ty
    @magenubbie
    Well, when i said to fix it i meant at contracts..every game company must have a contract with an ISP or something, so a phone call to the ISP to ask what is going on is more like...necessary..
    In other words i've checked my ISP speed and everything was fine, Cryptic should've check their one.
    Yes, sometimes some hick ups may occur on the internet but if the problem persists then it's all about the other side ISP or game company.

And that's where you're wrong, unfortunately. A lot of traffic isn't handled by individual ISPs, but rather companies known as "peering providers" of which Cogent Communications is one such company. Those companies are responsible for the transfer of data between networks controlled by different ISPs.

Therefore, to say "it's one ISP or the other" is quite an oversimplification of how Internet traffic works by at least an order of magnitude.

This is the main reason we ask for a traceroute--to get a picture of how the route from your PC to the game server is behaving, and quite a few companies own the hardware between points A and B. It's not always as easy as a phone call to fix. So-called "speed tests" are useless in determining a route issue between your PC and the server because the speed test server is not the game server, and therefore, a different route is involved.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com