test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP mitigation WTF?

rokinho986rokinho986 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
Im seeing 7k ppl(in this case a cw) with 0 tenacity 700 def no weap or armor enchant, mitigating up to 80% dmg, especially if its a big daily crit. Eating their mitigation 3 times with armor pen. No GF in team, below 10k t1 and blue geared pug team(no pvp boons for sure). Not an isolated "accident", just the best documented.

Not sure if tenacity dmg resistance can be eaten by amor pen but even with that base 10% and even if he had shield on he doesnt get even near 80%. As i said, i saw UP to 80% dmg resistance, so its not constant and on occasions that resulted in almost equal crits with icy rays and ice knife which feels like pure bs.

So what are the rules governing this rolls? I dont see the logic.
Post edited by rokinho986 on

Comments

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    probably a new pvp exploit.

not a surprise
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rokinho986 wrote: »
    Im seeing 7k ppl(in this case a cw) with 0 tenacity 700 def no weap or armor enchant, mitigating up to 80% dmg, especially if its a big daily crit. Eating their mitigation 3 times with armor pen. No GF in team, below 10k t1 and blue geared pug team(no pvp boons for sure). Not an isolated "accident", just the best documented.

Not sure if tenacity dmg resistance can be eaten by amor pen but even with that base 10% and even if he had shield on he doesnt get even near 80%. As i said, i saw UP to 80% dmg resistance, so its not constant and on occasions that resulted in almost equal crits with icy rays and ice knife which feels like pure bs.

So what are the rules governing this rolls? I dont see the logic.

Pics or vids, plz.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    grac3n77grac3n77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm a 6k gs CW and still can compete with 18k gs up you just have to make your timing right I have no item enchant and still can do 14k damage. Its just CW have a high damage. The only thing that I see exploit in pvp is there are some player you cant kill when they have 5 percent HP even if you do multiple combo...
  • Options
    tarftgmtarftgm Banned Users Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    grac3n77 wrote: »
    I'm a 6k gs CW and still can compete with 18k gs up you just have to make your timing right I have no item enchant and still can do 14k damage. Its just CW have a high damage. The only thing that I see exploit in pvp is there are some player you cant kill when they have 5 percent HP even if you do multiple combo...

Same, I'm a 4K CW and can compete with 20K+ players.

You just have to time your dodges right.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same here.

I have a 2K GS CW. All you have to do is use the correct encounter and spec, and you will win against 18K GS people.

If you don't it is definitely a learn to play issue from your part.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Same here.

I have a 2K GS CW. All you have to do is use the correct encounter and spec, and you will win against 18K GS people.

If you don't it is definitely a learn to play issue from your part.
    How u guys get so high of gear score, I'm barely at 1500...
    that being said I roll 20k gs like nothing.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How u guys get so high of gear score, I'm barely at 1500...

When I play on my CW, I strip myself of all gear but a cracked orb, because my class is that powerful.

I'm just trying to give others a fighting back chance.
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I regularly play PVP with a GS of 42, and fight only with a cluster of dried flowers from my high school sweetheart's wedding.. my bitterness empowers, and I DOMINATE guys with GS of 84K or better! The rest of you cats work too hard.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    I regularly play PVP with a GS of 42, and fight only with a cluster of dried flowers from my high school sweetheart's wedding.. my bitterness empowers, and I DOMINATE guys with GS of 84K or better! The rest of you cats work too hard.
    This guys serious business^^^. I hear hes #1 on Russian server.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    This guys serious business^^^. I hear hes #1 on Russian server.[/QUOTE

GRIN! Have a nice night, people.

Or morning, as the case may be.
  • Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I like to strip my cw naked and then incur several injuries before entering pvp domination. It's all good if I time my dodges. The damage is just so high.
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    danmordedanmorde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited November 2014
    When I play on my CW, I strip myself of all gear but a cracked orb, because my class is that powerful.

I'm just trying to give others a fighting back chance.

I deleted my entire account and put my comnputer on a bonfire. I still wreck in PvP because of my superior skill and powerful build.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If I dressed like CW IRL, I'd conquer the world.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    tarftgmtarftgm Banned Users Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    If I could walk like a CW's combat animation IRL.

I'd terrify a Nation.
  • Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    war-wizard.jpg
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I nominate this thread as the funniest thread ever.. ferilla gorilla. With that I am really off to sleepy land, cuz I have to go to work in like 3 hours.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    I nominate this thread as the funniest thread ever.. ferilla gorilla. With that I am really off to sleepy land, cuz I have to go to work in like 3 hours.
    Be careful i've heard that in sleepy land there are CWs too.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    i dont have GS in PVP , i pretty much take GS from enemies. it's about the right timing .
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Brett Favre can throw a touchdown pass 70 yards.
    My 7 gs CW can throw Brett Favre even farther.
  • Options
    cnxicnxi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've found out that if I put on my robe and wizard hat I can turn into a Rhinocerus and combat anyone with ease.
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The best part of a Cw is the Colonoscopy battle walk animation. Can't compete with that. You even have your left hand's 2 fingers up and ready to make others walk like you,if you get my meaning.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am a 25k+ 5-orange PathFinder and I keep biting the dust when facing any 1,5k CW bot because they time their dodges so well.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've found on my HR in pvp if I'm facing a tough opponent that simply typing 'CW' in chat instantly one-shots them.

Pro-tip.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    lately i've started to play with all my companions in pvp... it's crazy , we dominate them 10vs5 .
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    LOL! You guys are crazy (and funny).
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Pff thats nothing i dont even dismount in-between my usual 20k GS + premade tripple kills.

When will they finnally introduce quadruple kills and more? *yawn*

Also i can solo epic 5 man dungeons - oh wait that actually happens
  • Options
    aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With my 2K CW i can pretty much defeat any opponents in PVP without even using any powers i just lure them to high grounds and dodge dodge near the cliff , they fall and die due to the shock , it is all about timing your dodge and forecasting your opponents
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    CW stands for Cordell Walter which is an alias of Chuck Norris http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker,_Texas_Ranger

Don't mess with Chuck Norris.