test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where to get extra ability score points?

rokinho986rokinho986 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
Seeing all those 20k ppl with 40k hp with up to 20 more ability score points than me. Belt gives max 4 points, wondering where they got the rest. Anyone?
Post edited by rokinho986 on

Comments

• williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    its all about your starting stats rokinho986. min/maxing your character from character creation and on optimizes how many points you can get in the specific ability you want. maxed(even before artifact belts came out) ive seen characters with 28 con. I balance my characters out a bit, but tend to have someone with a stat in the mid/high 20's.

my tanky gf has over 40k hp, no belts, and a 27 con. theres also feats in the pre-30 tiers that help with boosting hp(1st tier in fact)
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From other sources: Potion of Heroism (+1 to the 3 main stats of the class) and Elixir of Fate (+1 to all stats).
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now guys i need your help, i feel very dumb!

I got a GF with CON 25 and so, nothing interesting, he still runs around with his Mod 2 gear, i use him only for selfish solo fun or with very close friends.

Now today i saw more GFs with over 53k+ HP and only 22-25 CON and no Constitution Belt, nothing, and still so much HP and "only" rank 7 radiants in defensive slot.

Oh yes and no Purified Set.

How can they have so much HP, plz some one who is up to date in this can you enlighten me? Thx
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I got a GF with CON 25 and so, nothing interesting, he still runs around with his Mod 2 gear, i use him only for selfish solo fun or with very close friends.

Now today i saw more GFs with over 53k+ HP and only 22-25 CON and no Constitution Belt, nothing, and still so much HP and "only" rank 7 radiants in defensive slot.

How can they have so much HP, plz some one who is up to date in this can you enlighten me? Thx

Fully buffed i have around 64K hp on my GF in pvp. Boons + radiants, maybe companions if u saw in PE. Capreese gives hp too : )
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Rank 10 radiants in defense slots. Cave Bear and Druid companions at purple quality. Ioun Stone with +HP items slotted with Radiant Enchants in defense slots. Elixers to boost stats, campfire buff.

My CW is a PvE build, but quite tanky. he is sporting about 32k HP when fully buffed up, which is low by PvP CW standards, but high for PvE. It is possible to get some crazy HP totals if you work at it.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    swear i posted in this topic once, but dont see it in the 'Can'. neways, i recall the rumor of ability exploits some time ago. several inquries were posted in forums and i also overheard ingame chatter via guilds/Legit channel. not sure if it was a bugg, or even if it was ever fixed. and no, we're not talking about maxed boons n gear either. i've personally tried calculating a couple suspects, and it doesnt add up. maybe someone else might know more about this rumor, or at least some guidance from a moderator?

You could reroll stats for free before the ability to do was was properly introduced. I also geared about getting others racial bonuses but can't confirm. It was fixed.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i recall the rumor of ability exploits some time ago.

It wasn't a rumor , this was posted on Reddit , I think it isn't possible to get a GWF primary and secondary stats all this high at once (although I'm by no means an expert on GWF stats ) , even with potions and campfire buff.

Bjv9gld.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • lmk2lmk2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It wasn't a rumor , this was posted on Reddit , I think it isn't possible to get a GWF primary and secondary stats all this high at once (although I'm by no means an expert on GWF stats ) , even with potions and campfire buff.

That's someone rolling the min/max array - "8/10/10/13/13/18" with an heroism potion and fate (or campfire but probably not both), he also has all the possible elixirs, potions and an ioun stone due to his gs being lower than it should.
    That particular array only grants you 72 points at level 1 (+2 if human +4 if other), while the highest score is 77 points, with the "11/12/12/13/14/15" array