test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cult of the Dragon Foundry Unofficial Winners

tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Foundry
The OFFICIAL winners have been announced, and grats to them :) What if the contest had been judged by average rating instead of stars?

So, just for fun, here's what that would have looked like.

Adventure quests balance story and combat and come closest to the real D&D experience.

Winner: Turtle Soup by prettycelt
Runners up: Dragon's Prize by sc00ter, The Dragon Has 3 Heads... or 5.. by bardaaron

Combat quests focus on satisfying combat more than story

Winner: The Crypt of Ezra by Arc7r7
Runners up: Relative Security by sarlacc1979, Dragon Prey by kynveel

Story quests focus on strong story over combat

Winner: A Call for Heroes by grimah
Runners up: The Icy Depths of the Past by sloanetower, The Shadow of Purple Wings by thrymskvida

Quests by a first time author

Winner: The Crypt of Ezra by Arc7r7
Runners up: The Dragon Has 3 Heads... or 5.. by bardaaron, The Shadow of Purple Wings by thrymskvida

Quests by a previously unfeatured author

Winner: Turtle Soup by prettycelt
Runners up: Relative Security by sarlacc1979, Sharandar's Defense by topwicz

Quests by a previously featured author

Winner: A Call for Heroes by grimah
Runners up: Dragon's Prize by sc00ter, The Icy Depths of the Past by sloanetower

My PERSONAL favorites:

The Dragon Has 3 Heads... or 5... by bardaaron -- first time author hit it out of the park
Sharandar's Defense by topwicz -- Innovative use of the Sharandar building blocks combined with a strong story and an epic finale had me in awe
A Call for Heroes by grimah -- I laugh every time I play it.

Every week would bring at least one or two amazing quests that I treasured the opportunity to play, and I'm glad to have had the chance to play the work of so many talented authors. And though I didn't win any prizes, working on my own entry really taught me a lot, lessons I'll bring to my next foundry.

Grats to all the official and unofficial winners.
dec2014nwsig.png