test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GS problem

ganzjganzj Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
I am pretty sure that many players has GS problem , including me . As you can see , mod 4 update has a brand new dungeon call lair of lostmauth . When player are recruiting people for that dungeon , I see they only accept player who has very high GS such as 17k+ which is very hard to get . Many of us get left behind and cant go that dungeon . I have 15.4k GS and is hard to get a party to invite me . Next , all of you know that mod 5 is coming , new artifact cloak , new artifact belt and off hand which can be upgrade to legendary rank . These equipment is gonna make a character reach almost 25k+ GS , ONLY THE PLAYER WHO PAY A LOT OF ZEN and all the high GS player will set a higher requirement for them to go to some dungeon , maybe like 20k or 22k . How am I gonna get all that GS , is impossible for the player that doesnt top up zen . Furthermore , when some player that just hit lv 60 and gp to PVP , there will get 1 hit by some 25k+ player and that is not fun at all . The next problem is AD refining , we only can refine 24k AD each day which is very less for the lv60 players . I can earn almost 100k rough AD each day and i only can refine 24k , that is just so bad . Example , i want to buy rank 10 enchantment , almost 2~3 mil each and each day 24k AD , can u imagine how long will it takes ? Almost like a year . A year to get a rank 10 enchantment ? that is just too expensive . I can see imagine that when module 5 come i cant even get invite to a party for MC . I think the only dungeon we can go is T1-T2 , NO T2.5 OR T3 . This game will lose many player if it doesnt change , and i doesnt hope it will happen because this is my favorite game .
Post edited by ganzj on

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Join the channel in my signature, and never have to worry about GS for groups again (aside from having the GS to actually queue for the dungeon).

The rest of this has been hashed over many times and they have only done a little to try and resolve it.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Or join a decent guild.

Also you don't need rank 10s. 40 gs for over twice the price of a rank 9? Save up to it elsewhere. Although I agree there's a problem with lack of farming options since there's not a lot of loot you can sell on the ah, and no challenging content to make it valuable. In the future even if they did make BoE loot that came from challenging content, they'd have a problem with making them desirable considering all of the artifact equipment we have. Low drop rates (which artifact stuff has) on average nets you a pretty low income unless you luck out.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    /lfg is not a good place.

you have to do things with guildies or /nw_legit_community.
    16k gs is more than enough to finish every thing in game without using the mouse
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Or join a decent guild.
    Exactly. A good Guild will make Dungeon running, and the overall game itself, infinitely better for you. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The necessary gearscore of eLOL is 13.000 even if have 17.000+ you can fail easily. So you really blame random players in the lfg chat that you can't participate because they only want to build a working group...
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    karakla1 wrote: »
    The necessary gearscore of eLOL is 13.000 even if have 17.000+ you can fail easily. So you really blame random players in the lfg chat that you can't participate because they only want to build a working group...

-.-'' /wtf100char
    edited November 2014
    oh sorry, did i mix up some words?
    english is not my native language.
    plat.png
    edited November 2014

<==18k gs cw. Decided I was bored and queued for LoL, everyone but a tr that also just joined d/cd. We were at the 2nd boss. I decided to try it out. TR died at the start, got one of the scorps to 33% hp but made a mistake and died. Having aggro on both scorps made it a little annoying and so if I killed one it would've been easier. Unfortunately other people came so we had a full party so I couldn't try again but I should try soloing the whole thing some time.

Anyway the point is, if I can almost solo the trickiest thing there then really you don't need a full party of people 50% over the minimum gs limit. People are free to form their own parties of course, however they should note that in fragmenting the community like that, they're making it fall apart. Old players move on at some point and if new players can't get games, we won't get eventual experienced players to replace them as they'd get fed up too. I'd consider myself above average, not perfect and some of my ability more dependant on gear and a bit of overpowerement (even though cw isn't what I'd say was that amazing at the latest content). I'm wondering if I should try again this module, or next when:
    1) The rewards are better
    2) I have more gear :D

Plus if you take a gf, it just mean things easy mode.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You're not at the mercy of other people to get into a dungeon. Form your own group. Invite other people to join you. Problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The problem is simple, the people dont want to "run" the dungeon, they want to "roll" it and make it so easy that they can do the dungeon several times. The PVE content is extremly easy and eLoL could be finnished with a much lower GS if the people who do it know what they doing, but for that u need to know how to play the toon. When u see people asking a minimum GS value considerably higher that the required to do the dungeon the main reason is because they want to do it fast and without having to worry about anything, just smash some butons and watch the mobs insta death. I have an HR with 17k GS and black ice set and one Tempt warlock with 15k with the accursed diabolist and the dragon set for extra healing if needed. My warlock dont get invites and my HR do get them so at the end, if i dont have much time to play, I end up using the HR becuase is my only chance to get an invite, even when i know that my warlock can contribute a lot more on a DPS squad.
    edited November 2014
    It is a normal behaviour within the community that random players demand higher geard characters.
    Like you said, the TR made a mistake and died and if you did a mistake you would be dead too.

Higher Gearscore means at least the character has more battlepower BUT in addition it means too he has enough expierence with his character/class. Okay, there is a possibilty that the owner of the character is some „heavy casher“ that lacks of skill but this is most unlikely.
    I think in some point you could Solo this dungeon, but that is not the reason why most of the player join.
    I play eLOL a bit for loot and most of the time of entertainment. I want a working group. That’s it. And the player in the LFG-Chat want this too but most of them are annoyed of little undergeared characters that dies at the first contact with a monster which can lead to a whole wipe of the group and that is the reason that the necessary gearscore in the LFG-Chat is higher then normal.
    And it doesn’t exclude other players. If they wanna run, they can call friends for help or join a guild where the necessary gearscore is much lower because everyone knows each other. It is still an MMORPG and to join a guild is necessary to participate in the content.*(And it makes much more fun with friends)
    plat.png
    edited November 2014
    That's your decision, but 15k is still plenty enough gs that in most cases they should have a good idea of what they're doing. In the case that they don't the content isn't really that hard that you should still be fine. The exception would be eSoT which the final boss is very unforgiving in which I'd understand more caution used. However if players didn't feel excluded there wouldn't be this thread and other threads about this situation and really peoples demands are too high. I feel like gaming has come to the point that the result is more important than the experience.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Players get away with players not actually bothering to check GS most of the time. I've join an LFG channel party where they asked for a 17+k ONLY DPS for ELOL. After loading in, I noticed the 4 players were of the same guild and didn't seem like they were 17k, so when I inspected them, they were 13k, 14k, 15k.
    edited November 2014
    @frishter yep i have the same feeling. we had a part guild run with on random. an HR. the cw was totally against it because "hr deal no damage and are useless" and he was ignoring the fact that he was plenty Equiped for a dungeon like VT.
    Later the same HR was second in damage and together our group dealt enough damage that valindra hasn't even a chance to cast the sarcophags 1 time.

i can understand the problem. maybe some kind of mentor system would help that give an mentor a small benefit to carry randoms or lower geard characters.
    plat.png
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    GS inflation is a problem, but only due to lack of challenging content. Every super-inflated "LF2M 27k+ GS HV CWs for ToS" post in pug channel is someone people trying to spam a bazillion AD by completing dungeons in 42 seconds flat then kicking anyone adding 2.7 secs per run. It's a problem, but not a GS related one per se. Some people are simply greedy jerks.

There's also a good side to gear inflation. It makes gearing up new characters amazingly easy. Once anyone in my guild hits lvl 60 we start running T2s with them. Since top notch players can solo or two-man any dungeon, we carry more people per run than modules past. You'll often find myself or my officers in pug channel inviting anyone, regardless of class or GS, to dungeons. We couldn't do this when NW launched.

Mentoring already exists. It's part of being in a good guild.
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm warning, GS is not the problem.
    Yesterday I was at party with me (15k), two 17k, one 16k, and another 15k. And took beating of Fulminorax. XD
    Tiamat will make stryke here.

(Besides, most partyes, took beat of "sub sub sub Cult of Dragon boss" in Tuern because insist killing the dragon pets, when lore clearly indicates "not kill the dragon pets". Bad, man, very bad. :rolleyes: )
    tomiotar wrote: »
    The problem is simple, the people dont want to "run" the dungeon, they want to "roll" it and make it so easy that they can do the dungeon several times.

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The best you can do is start your own group in /lfg or join the legit channel mentioned already (have not tried it but i have heard alot of good things). Also you can join a decent guild, most will take you to t2's etc if you have 10k gs. 13k is enough for elol really don't need to ask for higher because if you do not get out of the red 90% of the time you are dead no matter what your gs is. Then again that is pretty much it for all content i have completed in Neverwinter - if you can avoid staying in red you do well. it just may take longer or require more teamwork.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited November 2014

PUG groups demand high GS, because they need to compensate lack of communication, coordination and even skill with gear.
    This is why PUGs pretty much always required heavily inflated GS groups, basically you can go with PUG only if you are well over the dungeon already, which is kind of pointless.
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tomiotar wrote: »
    The problem is simple, the people dont want to "run" the dungeon, they want to "roll" it and make it so easy that they can do the dungeon several times.

Sadly they are forced into needing to "roll" them as you need to run any dungeon 50 times to even have a 1% chance of getting something.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ganzj - we actually did an ELOL together. You played fine, no worries. 15k is plenty BTW.

I normally make groups in legit. If i'm asking and you are in that channel, feel free to join.

Best man, don't sweat too much about it. PUG elitism is normally "we hope high GS makes up for bad skills" nonsense. If you can play, that is the most important thing.
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gear score was created for the people who pay a lot of money to have something to show off (sorry, but it is). They couldn't have possibly been obtuse enough to think it was an accurate assessment of a player's skill. I see 21k GS scrubs die constantly when they shouldn't.

Here's the problem though. Most guilds are too busy gearing up for Mod 5 (this means obtaining, refining and hoarding RP for another 2x weekend) to run dungeons. Also they are too busy running dailies (my dailies on toons take about 3 1/2-4 hours!). Any guild that says the majority of their players do otherwise is basically flat out lying to you.

I feel your pain though. I enjoy running dungeons as well and would like to see more of it. However this is what I've found with dungeons lately.

T1- Considered by many to be useless (unless you are getting High Prophet) and most now jump right to T2's.
    T2- Many are now going to draconic because it costs so little to buy and outputs considerable dps with glyphs
    MC- Useless now with the advent of artifact mainhand and artifact offhand coming (I still have my dragon bone offhand, not spending time getting a better offhand when I'm going to replace it in Mod 5).
    VT- Again... draconic gear makes this obsolete. No point crafting MC or VT weapons either with artifact weapons. Also BoP items and BoE items are worthless (except artifact... good luck with that).

In fact, MC and VT aren't even unlocked on lots of people's toons because 50k AD is better spent elsewhere. The game has done an incredibly poor job of making many dungeons irrelevant due to cheap T3 equipment and impossible to run because of time constraints.

My recommendation is look for a group of people that are gearing up as well (not necessarily guilds) and you'll find that you can start spamming dungeons as a group easier. That's what worked for me. This may be easier said than done xD. Good luck!
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Join a decent guild if your gears are still not on par with the recommended pug score.
    I too once have a guild for 9 months 100 players per day, 10 players seems to leave every month. Yesterday I left my guild cause I am the only player left :(
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gear score isn't there JUST by paying RL money for it. You can get it through patience, and wise investments of time. Don't make the game your "job" to get a high GS. Just play casually and enjoy PLAYING a game with others. Once you play (or pay) only to "win" then you've already lost.

PS: If you want to see what casual playing can get you vs Farming or Masses of RL Money paid feel free to inspect my equipment sometime, or send me a tell to ask.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gear score isn't there JUST by paying RL money for it. You can get it through patience, and wise investments of time. Don't make the game your "job" to get a high GS. Just play casually and enjoy PLAYING a game with others. Once you play (or pay) only to "win" then you've already lost.

PS: If you want to see what casual playing can get you vs Farming or Masses of RL Money paid feel free to inspect my equipment sometime, or send me a tell to ask.

Completely depends on the game, but this game has little endgame guild raiding or pvp; so I agree in this instance.

To me GS is just a # you need to achieve to enter a dungeon, instance or whatever. Or that was its intent. GS creep and player influence has changed its meaning.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas