test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

make ignore usefull

asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
I would like the que system to keep me from queing with ppl from my ignore list.

It would keep you from running dungeons with ninja looter, rude players etc. a second time.

In PvP you could avoid the base huggers, bots etc.

It should be possible and would make the game much more enjoyable.
Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
Post edited by asterotg on

Comments

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, you decide to put me on your ignore list. Because
    • I am a bot
    • I am better than you
    • my GS is higher than yours
    • you just don't like me being superior to you
    • any other reason you like (or all of the above)
    Now, we all queue. There are 6 people actually queued.
    A ... me (I am always the first!)
    B ... you
    C ... randomC
    D ... randomD
    E ... randomE
    F ... randomF

The system decides to take 5 of these into a battle.
    the system decides to take the guys C-F, now there is one spot remaining ... who gets it?

Me, or you?
    And why?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, you decide to put me on your ignore list. Because
    • I am a bot
    • I am better than you
    • my GS is higher than yours
    • you just don't like me being superior to you
    • any other reason you like (or all of the above)
    Now, we all queue. There are 6 people actually queued.
    A ... me (I am always the first!)
    B ... you
    C ... randomC
    D ... randomD
    E ... randomE
    F ... randomF

The system decides to take 5 of these into a battle.
    the system decides to take the guys C-F, now there is one spot remaining ... who gets it?

Me, or you?
    And why?

First of all, if C-F get qued the fact that ignore excludes us from PuGing together would be irrelevant, bc. simple math would keep us from running, bc 4+1=5 (max ppl), so ONE of us would get the spot no matter what. If one of us is in the group, the other one is excluded. Simple as that. I would prefer this to running with someone who deserved a place on ignore.

IF you would be better geared etc., and IF I would be petty enough to ignore you for that, it would be a win win for both of us bc. I would not have to face the humbeling expirience of your superior existance again and you would not have to tolerate my lowly toon cramping your style.

Where is the problem?
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I mean, should the system choose me as 5th player, or should it choose you as fifth player?
    My point is, if I can not get into a game because I am on your ignore list, it is not necessarily my fault that I am on the ignore list, nevertheless I am being punished (kept waiting) because I am on your list.
    If you factor in that ignore lists can be quite large I guess that any kind of match making would get very fast very hard.
    C might have D on his ignore list, D has E on his ignore list and E has F and A on ignore.
    Do you understand where I am heading?

PS: I think the inability of cryptics system by pooling people together in PvP, PvE and matching in PvP WITHOUT ANY KIND OF CONSENT is the big problem. I do not know who or what I end up with. Not as team member, nor as opponent. I prefer premade for everything.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I mean, should the system choose me as 5th player, or should it choose you as fifth player?
    My point is, if I can not get into a game because I am on your ignore list, it is not necessarily my fault that I am on the ignore list, nevertheless I am being punished (kept waiting) because I am on your list.
    If you factor in that ignore lists can be quite large I guess that any kind of match making would get very fast very hard.
    C might have D on his ignore list, D has E on his ignore list and E has F and A on ignore.

PS: I think the inability of cryptics system by pooling people together in PvP, PvE and matching in PvP WITHOUT ANY KIND OF CONSENT is the big problem. I do not know who or what I end up with. Not as team member, nor as opponent. I prefer premade for everything.

Yeah, there is no way they can implement this. Likewise what if only 10 people are queued up and 2 of them happen to be on someone's ignore list. Then what are they going to do? Make everyone wait? From what I can tell it's not like there are more than 2000 people playing the game at this point and it's not uncommon to have to wait 10+ minutes to queue for PVP.
    edited October 2014

Yes, it would result in longer que times, but I would gladly wait longer to avoid the guys from my ignore.

I put players (not goldspammers) on ignore for extremly rude language. Idc about a WTF, **** etc. you would have to be really offensive.

In PvE I have put ppl on ignore bc. we did greed runs and they needed on the expensive items (100k+, idc about 3k+ rings T1 etc). Even in this cases I wait for a reply, if it was intentional or a mistake, before I ignore them. Other cases are ppl who go AFK midfight/from the beginning and show up for the loot wthout a explanation (sorry phone rung, RL problem etc.) or ppl who kick me or other players to get the good drops. I would never ignore a player for doing high or low dmg or anything simply game related.

In PvP I put ppl on ignore who show no intention on winning the fight and are obviously just playing for their 4k RAD or play with idiotic tactics and get rude, if you ask them, for example, to cap nodes. Furthermore basehuggers and bots. I once ended up explaining PvP to a guy for 30 mins, after I rage posted 'should I explain to you how to play PvP' and he said yes plz. Ignorance and bad gear alone are no reason to put someone on ignore for me.

So yes, I would have to wait longer for a que and yes, I would accept this to avoid ppl who have earned a place on my ignore list.
  • qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    So yes, I would have to wait longer for a que and yes, I would accept this to avoid ppl who have earned a place on my ignore list.
    Rather humble!
    I guess most players would expect the other one to way 'cause "he is on my ignore list" - and you never know who puts you on ignore for what reason.
    edited October 2014
    qq88pp wrote: »
    Rather humble!
    I guess most players would expect the other one to way 'cause "he is on my ignore list" - and you never know who puts you on ignore for what reason.

Not humble, but reasoneable. My choice, my problem.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    I would like the que system to keep me from queing with ppl from my ignore list.

It would keep you from running dungeons with ninja looter, rude players etc. a second time.

In PvP you could avoid the base huggers, bots etc.

It should be possible and would make the game much more enjoyable.

Sounds too complicated. Just join the team and if you see someone with a red mic icon they are on ignore and you can choose to leave.

I only pug for PvP and have some people on ignore (100% rude language people and some sore losers) sometimes they are on my team, I just go with it, it is nice because I no longer have to listen to them, but can still work together.
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I don't think is a good idea, maybe that guy deserve to be put on the ignore list, but doesn't deserve to wait 1 hour to queue for a dungeon.
  • qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The sad thing is, due to the lack of transparency of the queue, you (and everyone else with people on their ignore list) would not know how often or how long you would have qualified to be in a queue but were not selected due to the ignore list.
    And sooner or later we would hear lout cries about "waiting in queue forever" (aka. turn on matchmaking and really consider the ELO score).

It would be wonderful to see the numbers for every queue:
    070 dps/04 DC/00GF are queued for ToS
    100 dps/00 DC/05 GF are queued for SP
    515 dps/00 DC/00 GF are queued for VT
    002 dps/12 DC/30 GF are queued for MC
    etc.

I am sure the numbers are somewhere on the server, and we all would love to see them, but PWE certainly will never ever give them away. But we all accepted this system when we joined up. It certainly is somewhere in the fine print.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Simply... when joining anything notify the person that player name is on your ignore list... do you wish to join anyway? Yes goes in, No you go back into the queue, and the party picks up someone else.

I hate partying with nut-attachment-heads on my ignore list. But once in a while I just want to geteredone!
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just a note about that being a simple math problem, this is the P=NP problem, takes polynomial time check if all the ignores met, but not easy to find such arrangement. You can make a greedy algorithm, use min-max flow, and other ways but still it is not a "simple math" that will get you an optimal arrangement of people with all their constrains. You look at it as I ignored him, but assume there is 1k people queued, they can have around 2^(1000^2) relations - a simple calculator can't even display that and this is without the class limits.