test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Tale from Baldur's Gate

2»

Comments

• xetmk24xetmk24 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After releasing Watcher's Grounds I got back to rebuilding my deleted quest.
    It's work in progress but I managed to mostly recreate the map I was most annoyed when it was gone. It's different than before but close enough to make e happy ;)

Here's a little preview.
    screenshot_2015-02-16-20-15-26_zps0a87055c.jpg

There is still a lot of work to do before I finish this quest but I'm back on working on it.
    Cheers.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it's looking pretty nice, I must say :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited February 2015
    Thanks. I'm pretty proud of this map (and was on it's previous look). The idea it that you climb up a waterfall (no jumping puzzle don't worry people, thought there is one for side quest ;)) and walk around the mountain and then through a cave. Should work pretty well.
    Echo of the Ancient - NW-DT2ABLPD2 - The Wizards forces are pillaging ruins of the ancient, elven kingdom of Illefarn. In order to stop them, you need to lead your party through old, abandoned mines. But beware... you are not alone there...
    edited February 2015
    Small update on chapter 5.

2 out of 5 maps remade! The ones that are the most annoying to made as I give the player a choice whether to just kill everything or disguise themselves and avoid fighting.
    And now to remake the skymap - people will hate me ;)
    edited March 2015
    Celestial Stairway under (de)construction ;)

screenshot_2015-03-01-19-37-24_zps9nq0u9xr.jpg

screenshot_2015-03-01-19-37-36_zpsner0ccy1.jpg

Should finish chapter 5 this week.

Also... we can't change title of our threads? Wish I knew that earlier.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    that is looking pretty neat!
    can't wait to try it out!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited March 2015
    All maps are done! Yey!
    I'm actually glad I deleted my previous version ;) I'm really proud of the new ones. Hope that people will like what I'm doing in them too. Will see.
    Writing dialogues and polishing things now. Got Sunday free so hopefully will get this done.
    edited March 2015
    Celestial Stairway - NW-DLYL9WT6

In order to stop the Wizards and their masters our heroes must join forces with former leader of the Followers – Vhera. Together they need to pass through the enemy encampment and enter the portal leading to the Celestial Stairway – a path used by gods to enter other planes. But can they succeed in claiming the orb when a terrible power is standing in their way?
    Chose how to pass through the followers camp: Will you cast an illusion on yourself and sneak inside, or will you slaughter everyone in your way?
    Can you find all Strange Stones covered in ruins that hide a story about a new threat rising in the Sword Coast?

Still a bit beta release. Need some testing, thanks.

Finally done - more or less.
    As said above this need some testing. They are two path on how to approach two maps: fighting one and walking one. Hopefully it works well. There will be more dialogues in walking path added later.
    I am also interested about your thoughts about the boss fight I created on the Stairway map.
    And are the fade to white very annoying?
    Thanks!

screenshot_2015-03-01-19-37-24_zps9nq0u9xr.jpg

screenshot_2015-03-24-23-25-00_zpsfjlyrcv8.jpg

screenshot_2015-02-16-20-15-26_zps0a87055c.jpg
    edited March 2015
    Sooooo... I published the wrong one. It had a invisible wall blocking objective. It's fixed now. Sorry for that.
  • silofonosilofono Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Spanish: Las historias de Lore (Es una colección de libros) pertenecen a una colección de denuncias, vivencias y en ella se descubren apartados de antropología; hasta no hace mucho se creía que no había quedado recuerdo de esta colección, por coincidencia del vivir descubrí, NeverWinter; quisiera exponer más, pero este saber como otros cuesta el acceso a colecciones privadas dinero, el oscurantismo por falta de saber para dar juicio a lo que nos rodea (la creación "vivir"), se le llama Rol es muchos casos o en liturgia Narrativa Fantástica. Baldur's Gate : En laza con muchas historias de Lore y otros.

Inglish:The stories of Lore (It's a collection of books) are a collection of reports, experiences and points of anthropology she discovered; until recently it was believed that she was not remembering this collection of live coincidentally discovered, Neverwinter; would expose more, but this knowledge as other access costs money to private collections, obscurantism because of lack of knowledge to give judgment on what surrounds us (creating "live"), is called Role is often liturgy or Fiction fantastic. Baldur's Gate: In lasso with many stories of Lore and others.
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure what is your point? Are you talking about some kind of book about Baldur's Gate?
    edited March 2015
    Fixed some minor errors. There seems to be some problems with timers I used - nothing major - they might be off second or two. Need some feedback on them.
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello xetmk24,

I wanted to let you know that I played your most recent installment, "Celestial Stairway".
    If you like, you can watch the twitch play here http://www.twitch.tv/locksheon/b/661443185
    (skip to 17:30)

Sadly, however, I was unable to complete the quest due to an invisible wall blocking the way.
    The problem occurs if you die on the final boss encounter. The invisible wall that blocks you into the boss room does not disappear after the boss dies.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
    Hello!
    Wow, thank you for playing this quest. I'm very sorry that you couldn't progress further (You was in the middle of the quest ;). That wall was supposed to prevent leaving because "bad guys" were supposed to attack you. I was sure though that I placed re spawn point inside that room. I guess I forgot, sorry.
    Also that little... hmm path you walked in that map - there is a reason for it but only if you found all "strange stones" on the previous map.
    I had a lot of fun watching you play, thanks again for doing it ;)
    Fixed bugs reported by players regarding Keep of Wisdom and Celestial Stairway. Hopefully ;)
    For those interested in continuation of this story-line, I'm currently working on part 6 - The Morgue.

This is going to be pretty big quest so most likely I'll split it into two parts but we'll see ;)
    The Morgue is a city inside a mountain and will consist of 4-5 maps.
    A little preview of what I have so far:
    screenshot_2015-07-05-18-31-15_zpspit6g5mg.jpg
    screenshot_2015-07-05-18-30-33_zpst6v4dmvb.jpg
    screenshot_2015-07-05-19-51-21_zps7bzkwaix.jpg

This quest is getting bigger and bigger ;)

screenshot_2015-07-17-22-51-58_zpsgawme6up.jpg
    screenshot_2015-07-17-13-45-06_zps4vueh5bz.jpg
    So Foundry is back... and I'm back to hopefully finish the Bone City quest.
    If you didn't play it already - Celestial Stairway NW-DLYL9WT6 - still need some love.
    Will post some updates soon.