test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who needs a party when you have Chem? (and I will NEVER do that again!)

chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Library

Comments

• veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    oh, gratz gratz! well done! =)

btw have you noticed any nerfs to Draco? cause i didn't do CN runs for a while and after 2 min or so of Draco fight (full party obviously) i felt just meh..or i just recall golden times when t2 dungeons were somehow challenging? ah, sweet DV.. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    veshorok wrote: »
    oh, gratz gratz! well done! =)

btw have you noticed any nerfs to Draco? cause i didn't do CN runs for a while and after 2 min or so of Draco fight (full party obviously) i felt just meh..or i just recall golden times when t2 dungeons were somehow challenging? ah, sweet DV.. =)

In mod 4 they added a roar/stun to draco. Actually that is why it is very hard to solo - you can't dodge that stun AND it is not subject to control resist bonuses. So you get a 2s stun and can get chained (that is the hardest part).

Otherwise he's like normal, it's just we have gotten more powerful. My record draco kill is 70 seconds :O!
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *slow clap*

I am impressed.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2014
    Nice man ...
    Wanna share a bit on how you did it?
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great job Chem :)
  • jerrockojerrocko Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »

So, you got all of the rewards/XP points?
    Jerrocko,
    Leader of the Packs
    edited October 2014
    LOL yeah, but it's a lot of work.

First of all, this is very difficult. I wanted to do it once to prove that i could do it - thats all.

I'm not surprised that many CWs who have soloed draco before are running PvP gear/specs with high HP and defensive feats. The problem is NOT dps here. it is getting chained.

This makes the Purified set the best option. I have heard of a CW doing it in HV - but i tried and you are too squishy. Maybe if i had a PvP spec/gear i could do it in HV.

I also think control pets are very helpful to keep the mobs stunned. On top of that I was using a pseudo dragon - which improves dodges significantly.

So you can handle most mobs and fight under the wing like normal, obviously kiting side to side as the situation demands. You want to dodge INTO the wing flap, but sometimes you just are out of stamina and have to take the hit. Obviously you use all your AOE/control abilities and OF.

The most difficult part is getting chained. Draco's roar is brutal and then sometimes you get cc/chained afterwards and you just can't survive. I also occasionally got hit very hard with crippling strike, which i believe is his headbutt.

Then obviously you should use a stone of health for those times you get chained and are on the brink of death. Sure my lifesteal in purified is completely insane, but it's important that you heal before that next hit.

Yes, i got the exp and the trapper's bow - for 160k. But that might be the hardest 160k i ever earned. I don't plan on doing this again. Afterwards i was just burnt out. As you can see i was in there a very, very long time.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cw feels lacking in damage and survivabilities.
    edited October 2014
    Note: Draco now have 8.75M HP (up from 7.5M in Mod 2)

Feedback to Feedback: TR OP! PLZ NERF!

CW is awful class, our damage is terrible and we die easy!

Seriously though, my first character is a TR, which i still enjoy. The class is in a very difficult place.

Also remember, i have a ton of gear, skill and experience XD. This is not easy to do at all...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nicely done Chem :)

I bet that DC artifact never stayed cold for very long.
    I aim to misbehave
  • daflashaedaflashae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Congrats Chem
    I knew you can do it! You gotta teach me how to fight that Dracolich!
    34s4d44.png
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Shard?
    What for?
  • veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Shard?
    What for?

i always slot it for Draco fight. more control.
    as i can understand - you kill Draco mostly with IT under his feet, everything else is slotted to control mobs while you dancing around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    For MoF shard is required.

Actually most of my damage was smolder and creeping frost. Shard damage is actually pretty bad, but it's useful for CC.

Fighting draco, you want to AoE control, but posistioning is key. The biggest mistake other CWs make is running in circles. You want to fight under the wing as much as possible. It's also important to be on the open side of draco so you don't run out of room to dodge.

Now if he moves and the open side becomes the closed side, you kite around to the other side and resume. If you kite around his tail make sure he is busy so you don't get tail whacked XD.

The thing is that draco's crippling strike (high DPS), his hands and tail (prones) are the dangers here, because chain prone is a great way to die.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Congratulations Chem!
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well done!
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can make it easier by not staying in the middle. If you notice a red wizard standing over at the edge casting in you head over to him and drop icy terrain so when everyone follows they walk into it. Then you can head the other side of the arena to get everyone back in the middle. That way you get all the red wizards in the middle together and you find yourself standing in five red circles a lot less frequently because they are going down faster and are more reliably under control because you can target them much easier. That way when you get stunned your only real concern is getting pincushioned by wights.

You could go immediately the other side of the spawned wizard but going to him is easier because you can terrain him immediately and have continuous lifesteal

The severe reaction feat and the boon from sharandar that increases stamina regen in combat are enough to keep anyone at max stamina all the time.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Grats and well done
    edited October 2014
    Thanks all

I don't have severe reaction, though i'm sure it would be helpful. I have a pseudodragon, which is really good for this kind of stuff. Recommended for people with my insane playstyle.