test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AH/Gold Sellers?

yaniahyaniah Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here. So I'm going to assume it is obvious to everyone. But the freaking Gold farmers, in the AH. When you look at their @handle, it is just random letters. Or the botting in Shar. I know I'm not the only one that has reported that one right? They farm the Arcane Resevor, and if you just watch where the portal is, it is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of TR with lifesteal gear, healer companions, they run to the vendor, and then run back in. I didn't check yesterday, but there were in every freaking instance of New Sharandar.

Sorry, off topic, it is just making it really hard. Anyways, they gold sells seem to be crashing the market, and they are doing it on purpose. This way people have no choice but to buy from them. Which I never will, being that I was one of the awesome people they hacked, to get all those yummy goodies they seem to have an endless abundance of to sell you. But there are people who legitimately farm. And let me tell you it is yawn, put me to sleep work, and it required so much loud music to keep me awake while I do it. But even peridots are going for 17k now. Seriously? They were 50+k, or the lesser resonces stones. The you look at the market, and there are people flooding, it page, by page, by page, and you look a the @handles, and you can tell it is a gold farmer. I get that they ban for this, I understand, IF YOUR CAUGHT. But how can one person with 2 toons, same exact @handle, same exact 2 names, have 340 items up in the AH? Yep, healing pots, were 2k-2.5k a few days ago. There is one person that drove it down to 1,682(I think that is right) and it was items 1-340. How are they not aware of this and doing something about that? They want to go after all these people but do not seem to do anything. It is ruining NW, and the economy, and those that actually enjoy playing, will stop because there will be no point.
Post edited by yaniah on

Comments

• mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Right now all these bots are usefull for everyone.
    For players - enchantments are much cheaper now, so it is much easier to refine to higher levels.
    For Cryptic - cheaper enchantments means more people try to get to lvl 10s that means more Potency stones, And they are expensive. As result - people feel like good deal to spend some $$ to buy enchantments and Mark of Potency and do it more often.
    Guess who wins.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    Right now all these bots are usefull for everyone.

Never think that. They hurt players, always. Even if you benefit in the short term, they are still hurting you as they trash the game as a whole.

- Stuff the devs do to combat them winds up catching legit players in the crossfire. Either indirectly like the stupid wait we have in game on professions now. Or otherwise.

- Botting isn't all they do. Just the other day I was buying some cheap leadership assets. I thought the name looked familiar. And sure enough it was an account recently called out in the forums for hacking other players. :(

- As for them making stuff cheaper, well... I'm sure if they weren't there in the first place the people running the game could control the games economy/balance better in the first place.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not too sure about bots right now. I used to report them but it's just too many. Right now I'm enjoying AH prices to easy the massive RP grind.

IF there would be a reasonable way to grind for your RPs yourself, I'd say **** them. But since this is not the case, I'm gonna embrace it...
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please don't discuss wrongdoing on the forums. Report them via the ingame GM menu or the support website.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.