test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rexx's Soulbinder SW Build! PvP focused SW based around team play.

doomltddoomltd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Nine Hells
Howdy, before we get started this build will be largely dependent on whether Cryptic changes anything before release, if not I believe this will be the best possible build for a PvP SW.

Race selection: The obvious choice is Dragonborn, but if you don't have that unlocked there are a few viable choices: Half-Elf, Moon elf, Sun elf, and Tiefling
I prioritize my stats as such: Con > Cha > Int > Wis > Dex > Str
Dragonborn: +2 Con +2 Int/Cha
Tiefling: (probably the best besides DB) +2 Con +2 Cha
Sun Elf: +2 Cha +2 Int
Moon Elf: +2 Cha +2 Int
Half-Elf: +2 Con +2 Cha

Feats and Paragon Points:
As stated this is a PvP focused build Focusing on Team play on point 2 usually, so we will be running a Temptation build.
Using this build please keep in mind that in the paragon trees the second row from the left bottom feats will be different for the Soulbinder paragon path, but you will be putting points into them.
http://nwcalc.com/sw?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,19ii3ij:6uu00:60000:6zuu1&h=0&p=hlb
Eldritch Momentum is questionable here, I personally will choose Vampiric Sparks (Hellish Condemnation) over it because of how it corresponds with Soul Bonding, but it is personal preference.

Stat Priority: You will want to hit a few goals in your stats to make this build work.
Offensive: Hit the soft cap for Armor pen (around 24.5%)
DO NOT FOCUS ON RECOVERY AT ALL!!! Your main source of damage from encounters will not depend on recovery from what it seems in the post about the new build.
Aim for somewhere around 30-35% chance to crit, this corresponds well with Critical Promise and Hope Stealer.
The rest goes in power.

Defensive: Hit points > All!
Your main stat will be Constitution so the more hit points the better! (should be able to get around 30 Con with a Legendary belt, maybe on 29 with the new ones but this is +40% max HP so make sure to use this!)
Secondary stat should be Lifesteal, if you have less than 1,500 lifesteal you may want to resocket some gems.
Deflection is completely irrelevant.

Abilities used:
Class Features:
Snuff Out - A must! -3 seconds on how often you can gain Soul Sparks
Second is up to you: I recommend From Dust to Dust or Shadow Walk --- Maybe Borrowed time but I'm not sure how much use this would get.
Encounters:
Soul Scorch - Obviously have to use this, encounter with a 3 second CD!!!
The other two I also believe revolve around preference, if you think you need some CC, roll with Harrowstorm, more healing? Infernal spheres and Warlock's Bargain.
I use Infernal and Warlock's because I wan't to maintain as much uptime as possible to assist teammates, DO NOT USE DREADTHEFT!!! It is usually the most important damage source, I understand, but it will take away from you being able to get more Soul Sparks and use Soul Scorch.
At-Wills:
Hand of Blight - Use when you are unable to gain a Soul Spark (the 3 second CD on gaining them because of Snuff out)
Essence Defiler - Have to use for this path to be viable of course.
Dailies:
Flames of Phelgethos - Best for damage if you can complete the cast safely and the target is full HP (Relies heavily on DoT)
Brood of Hadar or Tyrannical Threat - Brood is burst damage and small CC if you need it, Tyrannical is great if you know how to use it effectively.
Dailies are largely interchangeable, probably won't want to use the new daily however since your Soul Sparks are going to be used for Soul Scorch mostly.

Here is the new Paragon Path as explained by the Devs:

Soul Spark: Various Soulbinder spells siphon the life force from targets, granting you a Soul Spark. You may have up to 5 Soul Sparks at any given time and they passively increase your Life Steal by .5% each. When combat ends you are healed for 3% of your max life for each Soul Spark you possess and they are consumed. You may only gain a Soul Spark once every 6 seconds and Soul Sparks last until consumed or combat ends.

At Will: Essence Defiler: You blast a target, attempting to siphon some of its life energy into a Soul Spark. 25% chance to gain a spark. Curse Synergy: Cursed Targets always grant a Soul Spark.

Encounter: Soul Scorch: You expend a Soul Spark to blast a foe with black fire, dealing heavy damage. This power has no cooldown, but requires a Soul Spark to be cast. While this power is slotted, critically striking a foe has a 30% chance to grant you a Soul Spark. Curse Consume: If this power strikes a Cursed target the flame also continues to burn for 6 seconds. This effect can stack and consumes the Curse.

Daily: Soul Spark Summons: You consume all of your Soul Sparks to animate burning spirits to attack your foes for 15 seconds. These spirits gain increased damage resistance and damage for each Soul Spark consumed.

Class Feature: Borrowed Time: While you have Soul Sparks they heal you every 2 seconds for .5% of your HP per Soul Spark. +.25% per rank.

Class Feature: Snuff Out: When a target within 30' of you dies you gain a Soul Spark and you may now gain Soul Sparks once every 5 seconds. -1s Soul Spark CD per rank.

Class Feature: From Dust to Dust: When your Soul Sparks heal you they also generate 15% of your Maximum AP.

Feat (Fury): Burning Soul: Your Soul Sparks now also increase your damage by .4/.8/1.2/1.6/2% per Spark.

Feat (Damnation): Sparkbinder: The fire spirits summoned by Soul Spark Summons now last 1/2/3/4/5 seconds longer.

Feat (Temptation): Vampiric Sparks: Your Soul Sparks increase your Life Steal by an additional .1/.2/.3/.4/.5% per Spark.