test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you could add/change only 3 things to the foundry...

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Foundry
I know we all would like lots and lots of things to be added or changed in the foundry, but if you could add/change only 3 things to the foundry, which ones would they be? I'm curious about the things that will get the most voted.(try to post them in order, from the most wanted to the least)
to me it would probably be:

1.-A way to have more than 5 people in a foundry quest at the same time.
2.-better rewards.
3.-More chests and skill nodes around the maps

what about you?

Also what I'd love for the devs to allow us is to create a full "foundry zone" that works just like regular levelling zones. With everything is requires: persistent map(s), sidequests, bosses, many people at the same time in the zone, not loosing progress while exiting the zone, bigger maps, more assets,better rewards, etc...
It's a lot of changes, but personally it's where I wish the devs would lead the foundry to be able to use much more of its potential.
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. Rewards
    2. Nodes
    3. PvP maps

Odd idea that occurred. What if campaigns could be linked, like mine and yours.. say two authors got together and designed a campaign each, and they could be linked, so that on completion of the first campaign it offered to let you begin the other.

I am thinking about the episodes in STO.. I really miss those. That sort of thing doesn't seem to be in the plan here, so let the players make it.

I am probably not saying this very well.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. Rewards
    2. Race&gender checks
    3.More assests

1. is because I want more people to play foundry quests.

2. would give it a real rpg feel, plus I don't like when NPCs refer to my female char as a male (isn't it enough bad when living players are doing so?) or when I'm visiting the Underdark on my drow char and some stupid Lolth priestess calls me a surfacer.

Gender checks would take some work to implement, but race checks already are in game, so why not in the foundry?

3.... I can't belive we still don't have HR and SW costumes. And I'm tired of using same outfits every time, as if we had nothing else in Neverwinter. Also many details are there, but not working (daisies for example).
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. Rewards
    2. Bosses
    3. Single versions of all the enemies in grouped in encounters.

I like to make dungeon crawls with lots of fighting. So those are most important to me. Plenty of other useful things should be added as well though. Real timers for example. Or maybe profession nodes. Hopefully we'll all get something useful next time they update it.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1) the ability to chain quests together with portals, even into other people's quests.
    2) the ability to enter and exit quests without being on the same side of a portal
    3) the ability to save, upload, and download foundries so people can share innovations

What Neverwinter foundry lacks is a sense of community, and I think these things would help a lot.
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I need only one change: Replace the whole editor with an actual useful one. Start with trying to mimic the Neverwinter Nights 1 one. If you feel adventurous you can also try the NW2 one.

Seriously, the last time i checked you could not even create moving (non-npc) objects, timers or "resets" of areas, since there aren't variables. Alone those three things would give so much more possibilitys to create interesting things.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    • ability score checks (at least; other than that i cant c a reason not having almost anything-character checks, paragon path and capstone checks included)
    • toggles and state checks (for place markers included, for making switches/pressure plates)
    • traps and hazard-volumes with same effects in 3 versions (simple, normal, fatal)
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1) Rewards. Preferably some sort of token system that let's players earn cosmetic items that don't threaten game balance (costumes, unique dyes, vanity upgrades or visual change tokens, etc.)

2) Bosses with a menu full of tactical options (adds, tells, environment changes) that allow diverse, customized experiences.

3) Updated teleporters that are easier to place & rotate using the 3D editor.
  • mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to cheat and give two lists - the first is what I actually want (but I am pretty dead certain I'll never see), and the second is what I'd settle for.
    • A complete scrapping of the current reward structure, with a replacement structure that actually keeps the rest of the game in mind as to not be so thoroughly obsolete.
      1. Bonus XP during Foundry hour caters to a fraction of the total audience, who will yield
        better rewards and, hilariously, better XP from running zone quests for that hour.
      2. Fun fact: One visit to the Salvage stand after a T2 dungeon will reward, at the very
        least, about what Rhix offers in a day. A good Dungeon Delve hour can bring in about
        10 times that.
      3. The loot from the single reward chest borders on insulting, when it actually grants a
        reward.
      At no point, when discussing rewards or progression, is the correct answer "play a Foundry." At this point, there's no dead horse left to beat about this topic. We're now beating the horse-shaped grease stain on the ground.

• "Publish as farm." Oh hey, this contradicts my last point. Oh well... @#$% it. When does a Foundry creation yield desirable rewards? When it is a blank, story-less field that delivers easy to kill targets, a shooting gallery full of little Peridot-filled pinatas.

I've become comfortable, or at least apathetic, with the reality that this is what is popular in the Foundry. It makes sense - this game is about farming for a chance of things. But let's recognize that there are two separate uses for this toolset, and give the results two separate living spaces.

• "If"s and "then"s and "else"s and "or"s and "while"s and "when"s. Anywhere they can be included, without the sacrifices required to incorporate the absurdly genius workarounds that have been devised. Real branching quests, puzzles that can reset on failure. Effects that trigger each time something happens.

However - I'm feeling realistic today, sooo...
    • Selectable facial hair
    • "Toggle visible" invisible object option while editing in 3d
    • That laughing skull companion as a selectable skin
    c447.png
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I only need one:

PWE prioritizes Foundry.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    there are so many bugs or improvements needed to fix/update in Foundry but seems they don't care about foundry to much since the beginning of game.
    Interesting about dubloons idea by Eldarth but i would propose to create a new kind of coins , foundry/doubloon/whatever coins which should be given by the final chest to every player , let's say a random number between 3 and 7 , and create a new merchant npc in Enclave only with that currency to allow the player to buy same mount,companion rewards given to authors or a new special mount/companion but also some kind of new consumable potions too.
    Oh and add at least a blue random item if not a purple one or random rarity item, green up to purple to the final chest , and a random potion, don't you think it's time for this improvement since open beta ?
    You need to convince people to do foundry runs with a better random final chest reward, not everyone is doing 4 daily foundries runs just for few RAW AD ..they can get a bigger amount just by salvaging 1 purple item from a 40 minutes epic dungeon.

THe random green item reward is outdated, you can get now a green item by killing the first monster on the way..

How about to create a foundry reward pack looted from the final chest, just like in Dread ring daily dungeon,but possible not bound, with a chance to get 3 things by random choice from : a purple item, a potion, a shard, an enchant, a refining artifact gear stone, 30 silver, 1k refined AD , a green item, a blue item, doubloons/foundry coins, a new mount, a new companion, profession materials ?

The final foundry chest has an AWESOME fx effect but an AWFUL reward..
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1. Proper Rewards: doubloons/coins for regular quest completion chests. At level 60, Epic Foundries are unlocked. Epic Foundry must have a 25 minute minimum length. Use a Daily Epic Foundry key for a chance to get double doubloon/random epic item/rp stone/useful item, 5k AD per extra key.

2. Proper Timers. There is SO much we could do if we had some genuine timers...

3. Proper Customizable Boss mobs. Although I would settle for some mobs with boss HP pool.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A way to transfer more than 5 people in with you

More conditionals such as time limits and optional objectives

Loading Back into the maps where your last checkpoint was WHEN YOU DC! I am tired of when I dc I get kicked to PE and lose all my progress with people Im in with still being in and cant join them unless they leave.
  • dikawolfdikawolf Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fix background music on outdoor maps.
    Add conditionals to patrolling npcs (including disappear when patrol complete).
    Add all existing emotes and fashion clothing to lists.

Also be sure to check out my DeviantArt page!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dikawolf wrote: »
    Fix background music on outdoor maps.

Have you listed/identified which background music and added it to the official audio bug thread?
    spirals999 is really good about getting fixes for audio related items pretty quickly.
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My Top 3 are a little different in some aspects then others have listed.

1 -- The ability to Raise Lower Terrain, as well as different ground options, turn the grass into dirt or cobblestones etc.

2 -- Single encounters(Ranked Solo) for every enemy currently in the actual game (since 85% of what we have is only costumes with no skills) as well as proper encounter groups for them

3 -- Better rewards and some kind of achievement factor that will matter to players. Such as gaining marks of some kind each time they play a new foundry or replay a daily one. Those marks could then be used to buy a cool mount, or unquie looking gear etc.

That's my top 3...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    what i would like ?
    1: a easy way to make doors properly.
    2: added uber bosses
    3: fixed the 3D editing,