test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scourge Warlock Hellfire bug

giantslayer88giantslayer88 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Scourge Warlock's Hellfire buff stacks up multiple times.
Post edited by giantslayer88 on

Comments

• candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Scourge Warlock's Hellfire buff stacks up multiple times.

lol Realy???? haven't you ever read the SW foruns right, it's stacking bacause it was created to stack, so it's WAI.
  • giantslayer88giantslayer88 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Interesting. Then why the other set bonuses are not to stack up to infinite? Tell me please. I have SW too and I feel it's like pretty unfair againts other classes (cw's HV set bonus got nerfed too, like other classes).
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    This needs to be toned down not a single thing should stack infinitely.
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    lol Realy???? haven't you ever read the SW foruns right, it's stacking bacause it was created to stack, so it's WAI.

Of course it was created to stack, as HV was also created to stack. Then gods decided HV should not stack anymore, tick tock tick tock...
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And here we are using the CW (the poster child of balance) as the calibrating factor again.

High Visor is not a good comparison for a set bonus like this:

HV at 3 stacks is a partywide damage buff of 30%.
    Hellfire: boost's a SW's personal dps by 20-30%

Sure Hellfire can help you hump the precious damage meter at the end, but HV with it party wide effect HV still trumps it by a long shot.

To actually add something constructive, I think that hellfire is working as intend, the Dev's reduced its damage already since it's initial release on the preview server because of how much damage it was doing. If they did not want it to stack indefinitely, they would have fixed it then.
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • anfifoanfifo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And here we are using the CW (the poster child of balance) as the calibrating factor again.

Sure Hellfire can help you hump the precious damage meter at the end, but HV with it party wide effect HV still trumps it by a long shot.

To actually add something constructive, I think that hellfire is working as intend, the Dev's reduced its damage already since it's initial release on the preview server because of how much damage it was doing. If they did not want it to stack indefinitely, they would have fixed it then.

some one is really bad at math since when is 3 stacks of vizier a 30% dmg buff?
    Vizier takes enemies 450 defense (or so it says) are you implying 450 defense = 10% damage resist?
    a) it descreases a stat, which most likely won't go bellow 0, so it has a cap sometime
    b) damage buff has no cap anywhere since it will just buff your damage

so how can you compare something that has a cap and NO it does not give 30% dmg buff with something that has no cap?????
    edited October 2014

you just proved its broken OP cause not a single set bonus should be 30% dps of the class itself Lol.
  • duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    you just proved its broken OP cause not a single set bonus should be 30% dps of the class itself Lol.

More broken OP then HV giving a CW +30% boost to their damage and a 30% boost to every other member of the team while they are at it? Yeah ok man, I proved how broken it is all right.
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
    edited October 2014
    More broken OP then HV giving a CW +30% boost to their damage and a 30% boost to every other member of the team while they are at it? Yeah ok man, I proved how broken it is all right.

i dont care about HV im not CW im just saying hellfire on SW set is broken OP, set bonus shouldnt be 30% of the class dps.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    i dont care about HV im not CW im just saying hellfire on SW set is broken OP, set bonus shouldnt be 30% of the class dps.
    Tue enough, as both classes are casters it should add a party wide armor buff of 30%, too. Then it would be comparable to the HV set. Both sets in the same team would complement each other perfectly!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited October 2014
    i really hope they reduce the stacks on hellfire else i want my destroyer purpose to stack infinitely.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tue enough, as both classes are casters it should add a party wide armor buff of 30%, too. Then it would be comparable to the HV set. Both sets in the same team would complement each other perfectly!

HV set only increases damage like that in PvE. In PvP, where people actually have a Defense stat, the HV set is hardly as good, not to mention it forces specific rotation to keep stacks up.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Reducing the defense with 450 is not equals 10% damage reduction!