test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you find refining fun?

2»

Comments

• healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No, because obviously people are manipulating the AH. The prices of refinement items frustrate according to the will of the market manipulators. Take a look at the blue marks. A mark of power sold for 3-4k not long ago but now each one costs over 90k, which is almost as expensive as the epic greater mark. This is ridiculous considering every artifact requires a blue mark to goes to the next level, even as low as level 29. This also kills the refinement values of the excessive or junk green and blue artifacts since it costs a lot more to advance them to blue quality than just merely use refinement gems/runes/runestones to enchant the destination artifacts.

In the very least, Cryptic should at least sell the blue marks in the AD store at a fixed price of no more than 50k each. If they let this trend continues, no newbie will be able to even bring even the start artifact from green to blue quality.
  • ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The WORSTWORSTWORST introduction into NW EVER in any mmo history
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I like having refining sessions where I refine my stuff while listening to relaxing music.

Truly an exquisite experience :)
    edited November 2014
    If you have the hoard... it would take 31+ days STRAIGHT to farm to get epic gear+weap set+ belt+artis to legendary, Now take 5 hours play time a day *and this is 5 hours ONLY farming* as average > 744/5= 150 days at most ? ffs seriously?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Refining is nothing but a big pain.

I prefer the suggestion of having EXP level up all the artifacts that you are wearing.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "Hell no" should be an option. it is so mind numbing boringness, if you could at least put a full stack of refinement at a time. but not you have to feed 5 by ****ing 5 each time till your arm and fingers are tired and you get carpal tunnel syndrome.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i find it fun
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Artifacts in particular, what is the point of being able to use all those junk items as fodder when it takes more effort than it is worth?
  • grindtoofgrindtoof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The system sucks. As a game mechanic related to post 60 game play, it really should be more engaging, less frustrating, or both.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No, it's boring and expensive.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No. This system is fine for refining enchantments, i actually find it better than the old system, BUT for artifacts and especially artifact gear it's very very bad.

We need a separate refining system for artifacts and artifact gear, because they need a lot more RP than enchantments, making it painful to level them up. Dragging multiple stacks of RP in the refinement window is time consuming, very boring and if you try to level an artifact with white pearls drives you crazy, will most likely result in wrist strain and destroys your mouse.

It would be fine if you allowed modding, since someone would probably make an auto-refine mod, which would at least allow you to leave it on while you sleep to do it's refining, since even with that it would take a long time, thanks to the 1-2 sec ICD, while the "Refine" button is inactive.
    edited November 2014
    >_> O_O o-o why
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    No. This system is fine for refining enchantments, i actually find it better than the old system, BUT for artifacts and especially artifact gear it's very very bad.

We need a separate refining system for artifacts and artifact gear, because they need a lot more RP than enchantments, making it painful to level them up. Dragging multiple stacks of RP in the refinement window is time consuming, very boring and if you try to level an artifact with white pearls drives you crazy, will most likely result in wrist strain and destroys your mouse.

It would be fine if you allowed modding, since someone would probably make an auto-refine mod, which would at least allow you to leave it on while you sleep to do it's refining, since even with that it would take a long time, thanks to the 1-2 sec ICD, while the "Refine" button is inactive.

Agreed, I think an artifact XP system probably would've worked far better from the start, but after so much RP has been put into them, how likely is this to change? It is highly unlikely to change because it could threaten the profit margin they already have on AD-RP but I believe another method could improve it as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Agreed, I think an artifact XP system probably would've worked far better from the start, but after so much RP has been put into them, how likely is this to change? It is highly unlikely to change because it could threaten the profit margin they already have on AD-RP but I believe another method could improve it as well.

AD-RP has no margin it is all profit, they just make the stuff out of code.
    This is just greed.

Now at 20k rp/hr it will take approx. 1400 hrs. to grind with dragon's hoards the 28 or so million you need for all your artis. (I only average 15k or less after patch though)
    That is 35 full 40hr work weeks.

Or if you buy the RP from PWE that is $4200 for all 7 to orange.
    That is enough to pay my mortgage for a good part of the year.

This company has no respect for its playerbase if that is the kind of grind they expect people to go through or the amount of cash they expect us to pay.
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited November 2014
    mstrssihr wrote: »
    Only 5 empty refine slots at a time does my head in for hours a day. Why not up that 5 to 100 XD

Fully agree!!! Why only 5 slots??? We should refine 4,6 M with 5 slots.... Terrible solution. Allow us put there one full stack, or increase number of slots...

5 slots was fine in the past, where was refined enchantment and artifacts (for artifacts is 5 slots a few also), BUT now is refining huge content, so allow us to refine more efficiently. Refine one item for 2 hours is not fun...
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Refining. Fun? Hell no!
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited November 2014
    Sigh just wish they cared for the players not their money >_>
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ghostragec wrote: »
    Sigh just wish they cared for the players not their money >_>

Indeed, any savvy marketer should know by now if you show care for the person he will gladly give you his money.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.