test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't Get NW to Work on My Laptop

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I keep getting the following error message once it gets to the final game loading screen (with big Neverwinter wording and all sponsors listed):

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details: Sync query 5 0x172c0780 GetData = = 0x887a0005 0 NF 285
D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

I checked my DirectX driver and everything checked-out.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Don't know the answer, but it looks to me like the game doesn't like your video drivers. I'd upgrade if one is available, reinstall the drivers if not. Does your adapter have enough memory?

Google the errors you will find other threads on it in NW and other PWE/Cryptic games. Not saying it's some wide-spread issue, just saying one of those threads might help.

Some of those posts mentioned they were able to get past it by running the game in its safemode.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok. Thanks!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I get errors quite like those whenever I crash. I different drivers and nothing helped. I put in a ticket, but they couldn't help me.