test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fabled Iliyanbruen HR set

levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Putting aside the fact that the 4-set power of the HR Iliyanbruen set has a ridiculously long cooldown, mine has yet to actually apply strong roots through any encounter power. The only roots I get are what I would otherwise get (ie constricting, hindering strike). I've tried about 6 different direct-damage encounters on test dummies and in pve and none have had any added effects.

As a result of the lack of a working 4-set power (let alone one better than the T2 sets), unless one finds the set aesthetically appealing, there is little reason to invest the time needed to actually collect the set.

Thanks,
RD
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Since no one else seems to be able to answer my question, I've decided to make this a monological thread and reply to myself. Here's the skinny: I was corresponding with someone in the customer service department and apparently HRs have a very small pool direct-damage encounter powers (a total of 8 between melee & ranged). The pool is even smaller considering that at least 1/3 of these already apply grasping roots.

So putting aside the fact that in practice none of these encounter powers actually trigger strong roots with the 4-piece set (I've tried), even in theory the set powers are more or less useless. This is a shame, not only because of the amount of play time it takes to get the set, but also because it could work really well with the Trapper tree.