test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AOE Lifestal depression.

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hello, is this not a thing in this game? I see CW's using huge AOE's and healing from almost dead to full hp, does the lifesteal stat affect the same for single target and AOE targets?
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Yep. Also, Endless consumption boon (DR 5) has a chance of 3x lifesteal.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you are interested, I get the same benefit on my GWFs (12%) and especially on my SW (18%). I get more benefit from Lifesteal on my TRs than anything though (Only 13% but the damage is so fast and constant.) I rarely even have to use a potion on them. I don't bother with LS on my clerics at all, but I do keep some on my GFs (10%, it helps a little, not much.) Lifesteal is HP regenerated from doing damage, straight up. It is working as intended. I keep right at 10% on my CW's. Wish I could keep more, but I would have to sacrifice more important stats to get it.

Edit- Oh, and most any HR can tell ya it is pretty boss, too. The whole purpose of lifesteal is to give squishy dps types a chance at continued life. Apart from the simple ability to customize and build the way you want to, that is.

Wondering what makes you ask this so late in your game.. it's been like this all along. (Except for Endless Consumption, which has obviously only been around as long as Dread Ring.)

CW's huge AoE and staying alive due to same is your friend in PvE, and irrelevant in PvP. Don't worry, brother Jack didn't get an extra scoop of ice cream.. or if he did, it was just a little one. But at least he didn't get your scoop of ice cream. heheh..
  • Options
    j3ttruebowj3ttruebow Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What dcs need are buffs like knights valor for whole party to make them more useful. It beats nerfing everyone else. Its hard enough to survive the harder dungeons on squishy hr range dps with lifesteal nw, lifesteal is a must.
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    j3ttruebow wrote: »
    What dcs need are buffs like knights valor for whole party to make them more useful. It beats nerfing everyone else. Its hard enough to survive the harder dungeons on squishy hr range dps with lifesteal nw, lifesteal is a must.

Agree. Just waiting to see what they have in store for my clerics with the rework. I'd like to offer more support to the party, but I'd also like to be able to deal some more pain. I never had that concern until I started having to do the Ghost Stories quest. MAN! It took SO long soloing that with my DC. I mean it wasn't hard, just slow! Halfway through the second time I said that is enough and went back out and got a CW and an HR from zone to help me (Torm bless 'em!)