• Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    (Deleted.......)
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Let's see, going from
    - having full AP before SoS even ends and being able to have Steel Defense up 80% of the time
    to
    - having no AP when SoS ends and having Steel Defense down to something like 20% of up time

Yeah, "moderately".
    Also I did not use glyphs or Guarded Assault. I like how Cryptic just makes a change that entirely kills a build without even as much as giving a feat reset and everyone is fine with it.

Oh, and let's not forget that this is yet another change that affected PvE negatively thanks to PvP whining.

Hmmm.... Not quite sure what you're trying too say here.
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Let's see, going from
    - having full AP before SoS even ends and being able to have Steel Defense up 80% of the time
    to
    - having no AP when SoS ends and having Steel Defense down to something like 20% of up time

Yeah, "moderately".
    Also I did not use glyphs or Guarded Assault. I like how Cryptic just makes a change that entirely kills a build without even as much as giving a feat reset and everyone is fine with it.

Oh, and let's not forget that this is yet another change that affected PvE negatively thanks to PvP whining.

I run a protector build. For a standard DD run, I'll equip bull rush, enforced threat, and frontline surge with guarded assault and combat superiority. At wills are cleave and threatening rush. With all of that, I'm able to pull and control the mobs around me. I gain AP from both attacking/reflecting and blocking, so AP builds quickly anyways. One doesn't need SoS on 80+% uptime to be successful.

GF is a tank.

My role is not to deal massive damage, but to take it and keep the mobs focused on me instead of the squishies. With that mindset in place, there is no need for perma-SoS. You don't need a respec, just a bit of intuition, ingenuity, and improvisation.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    when a GWF smacks 15k on you, you'd reflect 3,750 damage. But this NEVER happens!

Of course it never happens. 15k by a GWF? On a Blade vendor dummy, maybe.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Of course it never happens. 15k by a GWF? On a Blade vendor dummy, maybe.

Sorry but GWFs actually deals even 15-30k if you know how to do it :)
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sorry but GWFs actually deals even 15-30k if you know how to do it :)

Exactly.

HUGE hits here on BiS TR from NOTHING but skilless, AoE GWF barfing.

Proof: http://www.twitch.tv/dersidius/c/5292158

See 12:00+ first, then 13:46 (31K hit followed by 20K), 20K non crit at 18:40, and there is a 46230 crit at 14:55! lol.

This is what ACTUALLY happens in PvP when you meet good adversaries, not nabby people that try to use intimidation with 5K Power or w/e.

So no more complaints about how your GWF does no damage. Get good or shut up.
  • Options
    snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2014
    /bumping in hopes that the developers actually see that the GF community care about the un-needed Supremacy of Steel nerf.
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC