Install Arc
Options

Dragon Potions

2»

Comments

• Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's great to see something to spend the dragon coins on... Now if only there were something similar in Dread Ring....
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's great there's something to spend coins on. yes. Too bad it's something no one really needs. Unless the dragon fights only have 5 people or less, they're ridiculously easy anyway. It feels a lot like they gauge the difficulty based on internal testing with just a handful of devs playing rather than the 20+ players that are actually in the fights most of the time. The pots are not needed and while I'm sure a lot of people do buy them, the majority of people won't bother with them. It would be better if the dragon coins could buy the other assorted currencies for the ToD campaign. Maybe a shady spy guy in the corner selling Cult Secrets for 250 coins each and a traitor cult priest selling sigils for 500 coins or something like that. *THOSE* would be valuable and useful sinks for the coins that people would use readily.

If you're done with the campaign and don't need any sigils or secrets... well. bully for you - you can buy the pots and trash them. I, for one, only really play a few days a week, so it already takes me months to grind the campaign. I haven't managed to unlock either SoT or LoL, for instance, and I do all the dragons every time I play. I'm not interested in dropping $$ to speed through the campaign, but like everyone else, I have a huge pile of coins (same with shar sparks and dread whatever-they-ares) but nothing I really have any use for to spend it on.

So, it's good they listened and added an outlet, the problem is the outlet they chose to add is... not very good. They listened to the specific, but didn't consider what was REALLY being asked for.