test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The RNG gods smiled on me today.

damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So. Today I get asked to run eLoL so I go and when I open second chest imagine my surprise when I opened it and found the fifth book for the ToD campaign boon in it. I nearly spilt coffee over my pc when I saw that in there.

We start a new run, I open the 2nd chest and there is the horn artifact in it. By this time the group is all wtf is going on, but wait that's not all.

Fourth run, and I open second chest again, this time there is the dex belt in it.

So, 4 eLoL runs and artifact, dex belt, and boon book - the RNG gods were definately smiling on me today. I am usually never this lucky and I've done a LOT of eLoL runs with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot too :p

This thread was kind of a response to a person who said he wished he'd open a thread and it would say someone got the boon book out of the chest - if you have been similarly super lucky post it here xD Lets reassure people the drops do actually exist :p
May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
Post edited by damnataanimus on

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I both hate you and applaud your success :)

Congratulations!!
    I aim to misbehave
  • zoukizouzzoukizouz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still 0 belts, 0 artifacts, 0 books from my 200-300 eLoL runs.

2 Gems, 3 gems lost in Bugged Arcane Chest.

RNG still hates me :s

Please give us a belt after 500/1000 Lostmauth kills !
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    good for you, enjoy your giant piles of AD...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh you lucky.....

But congrats... that is no small feat to achieve :D
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited October 2014
    Not quite the same, but I got lucky a number of times last week. I got the field medic from my second box in the siege, got the eye of Lysander (sp?) in the dread ring and upgraded a lesser dragon hoard with a 20% chance on my second try. This was over a few days, not a few runs, but I couldn't believe my luck. I've spent months wondering how to appease the rng Gods. I don't know how I did it, but for a couple of days they loved me.

Undoubtedly I will never get a good drop again, but for those few days, I felt like the chosen one.

Gratz to you OP!
  • tardstelamon01brtardstelamon01br Banned Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dat luck gz thou

i did around 500~skirmishes and i ve got only 3 dragon gems :P
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dat luck gz thou

i did around 500~skirmishes and i ve got only 3 dragon gems :P

I think ive done probably 50 or so eLoL runs and prob 100 or so skirm and usually get the rank 5 and ID scroll too - Apparently though you just need to get the RNG gods to favour you :p

And, thats very nice LyrcraGirl! - Its always good when things gor your way xD
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow gratz lol , now do me a favor , get a dollar , go to the nearest store with a lottery machine and place a lucky dip on next weeks draw , we can share the winnings 50/50 if you like ;D
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Just logged to say gz and .. where is the beer ?

.. are you working *cough* for *cough* them ? (kidding)
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice! It sounds like the old RNG was stuck on 0.0001. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited October 2014
    anatas07 wrote: »
    Just logged to say gz and .. where is the beer ?

.. are you working *cough* for *cough* them ? (kidding)
    xD no beer i cant drink now :p And yes I work hard for my money xD
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Wow gratz lol , now do me a favor , get a dollar , go to the nearest store with a lottery machine and place a lucky dip on next weeks draw , we can share the winnings 50/50 if you like ;D

Sure :p I mean I basically just won it so if I can do that i can win the lottery for sure! :P
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    awesome. :]
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Almost the same here in Epic Skirmish, last night i get Haarl's Book, i wake up today, skirmish hour with my eyes still half-open, first chest Haarl's Book again, second chest Plated Belt, 4th chest Dragon Gem, 6th chest Aurora Artifact..i was in a state of constant bliss for the rest of the day..ofc i split with my guildies some of the loot...greed is bad, mkay..
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How many ponies did you sacrifice? I need to try what you tried.

OT: grats man! great luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, you should definitely either try winning a jackpot or start writing your testament.
    Gratz bud :)
  • gupilolgupilol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Something similar happened to me on SoT, I was about to go to bed but before i wanted to do 2 or 3 runs, first run got the tier 4 boon book, second run i got the same book and an artifact from the same chest, 3rd run i got a dragon gem and the same artifact, the one you summon a vendor, and fourth run i got the book again, and then i run out of luck. BTW the books are on AH please somebody buy them :D
    TLDR: i got 3x book, 2 artifact and 1 dragon gem in 4 runs to normal SoT.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's always seemed like RNG is calculated badly. You often get streaks of really good luck or streaks of really bad luck.
  • veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    So, 4 eLoL runs and artifact, dex belt, and boon book - the RNG gods were definately smiling on me today. I am usually never this lucky and I've done a LOT of eLoL runs with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot too :p

ok, Akro, relog back - we've recognized you =)

anyway, gratz. hope there will be more positive info like this one!
    and keep running, man, just don't stop =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    positive? it just shows how much the RNG is broken.
    today 50 preservations for a rank 7 just saying !
    and these stories are not something news i can name at least 5 people with the same "luck" of the OP
    edited October 2014
    veshorok wrote: »
    ok, Akro, relog back - we've recognized you =)

anyway, gratz. hope there will be more positive info like this one!
    and keep running, man, just don't stop =)

I can assure you I am not akro whoever that may be :p

I am Mara, a 32 yo female from australia, so pretty sure that I am not he. (or she).

Anyway just though I'd clear that up lol.
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OP, you're also the one guy who got what the arcane chest displayed?
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can actually vouch for the OP getting this drops in the short order she did. She linked them all to me and was so excited. These all came out the chest that requires the player made key or zen bought key. She used zen keys.

Both her and Akromatic are on my friends list and are indeed different people.

Once again Grats and **** you...haha.
  • veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I can assure you I am not akro whoever that may be :p

I am Mara, a 32 yo female from australia, so pretty sure that I am not he. (or she).

Anyway just though I'd clear that up lol.

ok then i need to stop with those allegories lol
    i was referring to our community manager since such type of luck is out of order for a regular player lol
    australia is great. a friend of mine works there and can't be more happy
    hope your winning streak will continue =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    How many ponies did you sacrifice? I need to try what you tried.

You're doing it wrong. It's Halflings you need to sacrifice to the RNG gods ;)

My friend had the same run of luck in doing his first five or so runs of eLoL. First run he gets the book, second run the Horn artifact, third run CON artifact belt and fifth run Waters.

My luck also arrived in spurts, with nothing of substance in the SoT chests for the first two weeks before I got the CON artifact belt, CHA artifact belt and book all in one day after about 1000 runs.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited October 2014
    veshorok wrote: »
    ok then i need to stop with those allegories lol
    i was referring to our community manager since such type of luck is out of order for a regular player lol
    australia is great. a friend of mine works there and can't be more happy
    hope your winning streak will continue =)

Oh right lol - Akromatic :p

And yes - which is why I though I would post it here and other with similar luck can post, as many people have done here - grats to you all!

Maybe this way we can give those players still grinding away some light at the end of the tunnel so to speak xD

And, Thanks - may the RNG gods smile on you next! :p

lirithiel wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong. It's Halflings you need to sacrifice to the RNG gods ;)

My friend had the same run of luck in doing his first five or so runs of eLoL. First run he gets the book, second run the Horn artifact, third run CON artifact belt and fifth run Waters.

My luck also arrived in spurts, with nothing of substance in the SoT chests for the first two weeks before I got the CON artifact belt, CHA artifact belt and book all in one day after about 1000 runs.

*cowers* I am a halfling :(
    Please dont eat me, I am cute and cuddly I promise xD

As for SoT - I've really only run epic version of that. However I actually got lucky there too - I also got a dragon gem and the dragon bone as well both of which I was missing to make my artifact weapon. Which coincidentally, Was due to complete that day. This allowed me to start my artifact weapon as soon as I unlocked the task, and when I opened the chest I again got the weapon I wanted on my first try...

AND, even more oddly the day I got the drops I said in the OP, was the day I finally had enough currency to buy a boon book, the book drop allowed me to finish ToD that day.

So I do seem to get lucky when it counts... OTOH, it took 37 val kills before she gave me the dread legion chest xD

May the RNG Gods smile on you this day :P
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shush, the devs will lower the drops rate even if the drops rates has been aggressively lowered since open beta for many items in any epic dungeon in DD event to getting only blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from bosses and the regular seals. If you would be a beta player u.ll know what i mean.
    Consider you had a veeeeryyy lucky day by getting a drop with 0.00001% chance. Once in a year lol.
    Well, this explains why u had to tell us , the correct thread subject should be : "It's about time" - some players has about 200 runs without a chance for something nice.
    I have a decent gear score but i still run T1 and T2 dungeons from time to time to observe the drop rates and chances since open beta , all i discovered an aggressive lowering drop rate.
    Still best expansions/campaigns since game started ? sharandar and dread ring, anything else is laggy, buggy with 0.5% chance (average chinese games chances) for something .(pretty much anything related to encounters - kinda new PWE content, since PWE has bought cryptic for 50 mil euros from atari in 2011, so the original(vanilla) neverwinter has only sharandar and i think the dread ring)

No wonder why players doesn't make anymore guardian fighters, only DPS chars, because encounter drop chances are based on damage dealt (just like that X interface seen after defeating a dungeon boss with damage dealt, damage taken...), and guardian fighter has no signifiant damage. Encounters unfair for tankers.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Grats, Mara!
    That was really good luck for you!
    Where you running you TR? or other alts?
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *cowers* I am a halfling :(
    Please dont eat me, I am cute and cuddly I promise xD
    Cowering? Just trust in your innate racial ability to increase your Deflection Chance and laugh as he futility tries to sacrifice you... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    PS - Congrats! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
    edited October 2014
    criss11 wrote: »
    shush, the devs will lower the drops rate even if the drops rates has been aggressively lowered since open beta for many items in any epic dungeon in DD event to getting only blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from bosses and the regular seals. If you would be a beta player u.ll know what i mean.
    Consider you had a veeeeryyy lucky day by getting a drop with 0.00001% chance. Once in a year lol.
    Well, this explains why u had to tell us , the correct thread subject should be : "It's about time" - some players has about 200 runs without a chance for something nice.

Yes - that why is the thread is titled as it is :p I also mention that I have done lots of runs with regular (ie, rank5 and ID scroll) loot xD
    PS - Congrats! :cool:

Thank you! xD
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR