test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon/Belt Artifact Refining

landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey folks, just wondering what methods you use for refining weapon/belt artifacts.
Rubys and opals are out of the question I guess, so what do you do?
I had a bunch of those IW tokens so I exchanged those for the bags where you can get either rare or unique equipment.
You can buy those as well of the AH, but I wonder if there are any other bright ideas about this, please share.
Ofc buying single items of the AH works, but I guess thats not cost effective as well.
I know peridots works, but you cannot get crits on those right?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Get some (Lesser) Dragon's Hoard enchants for your utility slots - you will make your AD back in terms of refining stone in a couple of weeks at most.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Get some (Lesser) Dragon's Hoard enchants for your utility slots - you will make your AD back in terms of refining stone in a couple of weeks at most.

It only requires 8 lesser resonance stones will pay off the 20k to make one. You can easily get that in a day.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    It only requires 8 lesser resonance stones will pay off the 20k to make one. You can easily get that in a day.

True, but depends on how much time you have and your luck.

I once farmed all three zones of Sharandar to make a Fey Blessing and ended up with exactly 4 drops (with 3*1% Dragon's hoards), three of which were white pearls...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    True, but depends on how much time you have and your luck.

I once farmed all three zones of Sharandar to make a Fey Blessing and ended up with exactly 4 drops (with 3*1% Dragon's hoards), three of which were white pearls...

Suppose it's easier for me to say when I have 4 greaters meaning they drop a lot for me. Not sure I'd recommend greaters though, they cost a lot to make...
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Either peridots which are currently going for 42k a stack, aka. 1:0,8 for ref. to ad rate. Or if you are lazy flawless sapphire there usually Hoovers around 1:1,2 for ref to ad rate..
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Either peridots which are currently going for 42k a stack, aka. 1:0,8 for ref. to ad rate. Or if you are lazy flawless sapphire there usually Hoovers around 1:1,2 for ref to ad rate..

Funny thing is, it is atm a fair bit cheaper to refine artifacts than during the 2xrefining points weekend:)
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I just use the drops I get to refine my weapon, I identify all blues and green mainhands and I send stuff my alt gets to my main. I also have 3 lesser dragon hoards, which mostly drop peridots.

I save up the belt drops for the day when I happen to get one, which may never come. At least I won't have to worry about leveling up two things at the same time.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Like others have said the Dragon horde enchantments are what you need , you can craft several per day if you spend a long time online every day , it is definitely worth upgrading them to the 2% level , even if you are strapped for cash because the amount of RP gem drops you get if you do all the dailies every day is quite amazing , it'll still take a while to level up your artifact weapon but progress should be steady.

One thing I have noticed though is that blue drops in Sharandar seem to have been nerfed substantially , when Module one was released blue drops in Sharandar were very frequent , now they seem to be same as everywhere else.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    One thing I have noticed though is that blue drops in Sharandar seem to have been nerfed substantially , when Module one was released blue drops in Sharandar were very frequent , now they seem to be same as everywhere else.
    I think blue drops were nerfed everywhere, instead we get these "treasures" that cost the same as blue drops. At least those stack.
  • Options
    landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, but if you do have a lot of AD, what would you spend the on if you were to refine the artifacts?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ok, but if you do have a lot of AD, what would you spend the on if you were to refine the artifacts?
    Lesser resonance stones probably, they're nicely priced, less than 1 AD per 1 RP.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Lesser resonance stones probably, they're nicely priced, less than 1 AD per 1 RP.

Do lesser Resonance Stones have a chance to crit because if they do its a no-brainer.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Do lesser Resonance Stones have a chance to crit because if they do its a no-brainer.

No.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    Greater Stone = 12,500RP = 187,000 AD = 15AD/RP. Even if it crits for 2x that's 7.5AD/RP. lesser stone = 500RP = 454AD (99 stack sells for 45k) = 0.908AD/RP. It's a no brainer. Does the greater have a hidden ability that makes it worth 187000AD? Even with lessers never critting they are a WAY better deal then the others.

Or...am I missing something here?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    wick220 wrote: »
    Greater Stone = 12,500RP = 187,000 AD = 15AD/RP. Even if it crits for 2x that's 7.5AD/RP. lesser stone = 500RP = 454AD (99 stack sells for 45k) = 0.908AD/RP. It's a no brainer. Does the greater have a hidden ability that makes it worth 187000AD? Even with lessers never critting they are a WAY better deal then the others.

Or...am I missing something here?

No, you are not missing anything. It is simply because some rich or 'lucky' people have so much AD equivalent that all they care about is time.