test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A question about buying packs

ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay if I buy say...The Guardian of Neverwinter pack. Is that only for one character, or will all my characters have access to it. Or are parts of it for a player, but other parts are available to all characters for a single player? Like I imagine the diamonds would be per account, but things like the mount and pet would be for all characters created by that player?
Post edited by ashkedawn on

Comments

• Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes most of the content is account wide, so 600k ADs is for the account not each characters but the mounts can be redeemed by all characters on that account multiple times infact.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    thanks, I sort of had an idea that might be the way, just wanted to be sure.

hehehehe, now to figure out which one to buy, I am thinking the one I mentioned actually would be the best for someone just starting out.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you PVP the Feywild pack might be your best option. The Slyph's active bonus is hard to ignore. If you mainly PVE either would be a good option.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    thanks, I sort of had an idea that might be the way, just wanted to be sure.

hehehehe, now to figure out which one to buy, I am thinking the one I mentioned actually would be the best for someone just starting out.

Personally, I think the Feywild pack is the better one - it gives you a full fashion set, race unlock, special enchantment, and so on. While the Guardian of Neverwinter pack debatably gives you a a better companion, (dire wolf vs sylph), you only get a mask instead of a full fashion set, no race unlock, and some kinda useless stuff that just takes up inventory, (robe of useless items, bottle of levity). That being said, if you're not hot on the white unicorn mount, the Guardian pack has an account-wide R3 "regular" horse instead, and a single character respec, (which the Feywild pack doesn't contain).

Both have 600,000 astral diamonds, which could also be potentially converted to Zen, which at current conversion rates would give you about 1200 Zen - a respec token only costs 300 Zen, while the cheapest fashion set is 800 Zen, (and the Feywild one is account-wide as well). You also can't get the Moon Elf unlock anywhere else.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    thanks for that info...definitely a better option and I appreciate that tip