test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which class would best suit my play style

ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Not sure which class is going to best suit my playstyle.

I prefer playing DPS. I don't PVP at all only PVE. I prefer to solo, but when I do group I only want to DPS. I prefer ranged over melee.

I am thinking my best options will be ranger, warlock or wizard. Possibly the cleric as I see they have a fair arsenal as well, but that might push me into healer if I group.

So I think all of the above are viable options. I am not overly concerned about getting the best DPS class, but more concerned with getting a class that is more survivable as a solo player. So taking that into consideration is my best option going to be ranger? Or again is cleric going to be a fair option as well? Are wizard and warlock classes squishy like in other mmo's or are they decent solo classes with good survivability?
Post edited by ashkedawn on

Comments

• xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Is this even a question? Go CW

Who needs any other class in PVE when you have CW.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »
    Is this even a question? Go CW

Who needs any other class in PVE when you have CW.

this or u can go for warlock they are decent dps and can heal better then dc
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Some of these things mentioned by others may change with the release of Mod 5 . . .

Either way, sounds like the OP would prefer a CW with preference for DPS and range (HR ranged attacks are pretty weak overall).
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'll tell you what I've played all chars you listed and i enjoy Warlock the most because in addition to just DPS they have the ability to heal without you having to do anything but DPS, sure CW are awesome too, but i have so much fun on my lock and you can be a beast in pretty much anyway you want to play them. Plus they just got some interesting mechanics imho.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    One thing you might want to bear in mind is that with the horrific grind for boons this Mod it is very hard to keep even a single character up-to-date let alone more than one.

Consequently, as the most powerful PvE class has been CWs since launch it is the safest to go for.
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks everyone.

Appreciate the help. I think I will give both the warlock and the wizard a try. For wizard should I even bother with the cold spells or focus mostly on the fire....or.....as a solo player would the cold spells be a better option, allowing those slowing effects to help out.
  • ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thanks very much everyone, going to start at some point tonight
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited September 2014
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.

Appreciate the help. I think I will give both the warlock and the wizard a try. For wizard should I even bother with the cold spells or focus mostly on the fire....or.....as a solo player would the cold spells be a better option, allowing those slowing effects to help out.

Using Ice and Fire have good synergy. The synergy is if Smolder is on a target and gets a stack of Chill, Smolder turns into Rimefire. Rimefire renews everytime a stack of Chill is applied to the target. Great for header targets. There is also a feat gives Chilling Clouds give Smolder to a target on a Crit. And since Chilling Could also gives a stack of Chill on the 3rd casts. Permama Rimefire with just Chilling Cloud. Fire and Ice is the heart of my MoF CW. Bosses just melt (and freeze :) ) with having to use my Daillies.