test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What we DO want for the next module(s)?

Comments

• g0dfr3yg0dfr3y Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    I want to see an AI for Tiamat that will knock my socks off, as in something that is not easily predictable. Heck... even a event where Tiamat takes the fight to Neverwinter (controlled by a living person). Now that would be a memorable fight/event.

That would be so much fun!

Another Cryptic game, Champions Online, has a terrific 1 v. many PvP scenario called Zombie Apocalypse or something. I'll admit, this was no fun over level 20, too many zombies, but in the 10-19 bracket it was the most fun to be had in that game.

What I would like for Mod 5 would be more PvP game modes, especially this one. Also some improvements to the Foundry system of course.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    g0dfr3y wrote: »
    Also some improvements to the Foundry system of course.

I think the foundry is what it is. It will never have good enough rewards due to the possible gaming of the system.

I do hope that it will be used to create unofficial (no reward) PVP maps, guild housing etc.
  • urterrorurterror Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    <PvE>
    - Tiamat Dg like CN at the start of the game, guys with 18k and MORE need strategy and teamplay to win.. for the little ones do two types of that dg, normal and epic like SoT/LoL (ps: Boss>Adds.. Cryptik remember this)
    - Upgrade every dg at Legendary, with Real and Useful drops (no green or blue unidentified.. RNG!)
    - NO OTHERS DAILY QUESTS plz ç_ç
    - I think i've forgotten something.. Now i'm at office but at home if i remember something i'll edit this post xD

<PvP>
    - Fix the glyphs (Right Now, not Mod5!) .. ok now back on topic ^^
    - Balance classes: Buff TR (Damage, NOT Stealth) and DC (he needs Heals!), Nerf HR survival, Balance Gwf (run machine.. a bit more dmg and lesser survival? ^^).. Idk others
    - New 5v5 Maps (2 or more)
    - PvP Queue: Solo, Duo/Tri, Premade
    - A functional Matchmaking (.. For real!..)
    - New Gametypes (?)
    - GG 20v20: lesser points for a Capture Point (+150?).. this isn't a race, it's PvP
    - oPvP: a large map completly PvP only with interesting and useful items (or just for tha massacre?.. Ready to fight!) Icewind full oPvP would be a smart idea

<Others>
    - Legendary mounts speed up to 140%
    - Protector's Garden avaiable on all PGs of the @account
    - Companions from ZEN Market avaiable on all PGs of the @account (i'm not saying companions likes Fire Archon or similar but from Zen Market.. plz..)
    - A Guild Hall! *-*

And.. Fix every single bug!
    Cya!
    paladin_signature_by_whiitelotus-d330x28.png

| Cìrdan - GF | Cìrdan The Lightbringer - OP |
    < Guild: Pugno Fiammante >
    edited September 2014
    urterror wrote: »
    snip

Very good suggestions. I am for all of that as well.

If the next module didn't have any campaign, dailies on it but just had most of those suggestions, I'd be extremely happy
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think I would like to see improved character customization.

Last time they added stuff like new hairstyles for everyone and new horns for tieflings, even making it so that new hairstyles came in two styles, one for most races and one for tieflings. Now I would like them to improve stuff like sliders so that we can tweak the faces of our characters even more than we can, or increase the number of body shapes we can create with the sliders.

Also more options for dragonborn, like more faces, more ridges, tattoos, etc.
  • j3ttruebowj3ttruebow Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Guild wars 10vs10 pvp with epic dungeon rewards for winner
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would agree with a weapon/armor enchant rework. Most of them are junk. Get rid of the ICDs on all the enchants, which is the primary reason why most of the junky enchants are junk, and redo them so they actually synergize with different build ideas. Example: Make the Frost enchant apply chill stacks, applying more stacks as the quality of the enchant increases, along with a (relatively weak) DoT effect. This would synergize really well with so-called "permafreeze" CW builds.
    edited September 2014
    j3ttruebow wrote: »
    Guild wars 10vs10 pvp with epic dungeon rewards for winner

I'd love ANY 10v10 queueable mode
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Foundry.

It's the most neglected aspect of the game, it was advertised as a strong feature prior to launch and now it's borderline trivial.
    Better rewards for players and more flexibility for creators are sorely needed. And I'm not talking about a few bump here and there, I'm talking about a overhaul.
    edited September 2014
    klangeddin wrote: »
    Foundry.

It's the most neglected aspect of the game, it was advertised as a strong feature prior to launch and now it's borderline trivial.
    Better rewards for players and more flexibility for creators are sorely needed. And I'm not talking about a few bump here and there, I'm talking about a overhaul.

It is neglected and will continue to be neglected because it is not rewarding enough for most players. They cannot add rewards to it because it is too easy to game the system otherwise. I could see Rhix giving 10k rough AD as a daily, but that would only direct players to the fastest approved foundry map.

I think one way of making foundries viable for MOST players and not just RP-focused ones is to let them make unofficial PVP maps using the foundry (no rewards when playing that map until Cryptic decides to approve one at their own leisure) and also let foundry makers create guild housing (to possibly sell as well).
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is neglected and will continue to be neglected because it is not rewarding enough for most players. They cannot add rewards to it because it is too easy to game the system otherwise. I could see Rhix giving 10k rough AD as a daily, but that would only direct players to the fastest approved foundry map.

I think one way of making foundries viable for MOST players and not just RP-focused ones is to let them make unofficial PVP maps using the foundry (no rewards when playing that map until Cryptic decides to approve one at their own leisure) and also let foundry makers create guild housing (to possibly sell as well).

They could just give greater rewards for featured quests, those are (should?) guaranteed to be exploit-free, in fact they already have the "exp-limiter" removed.
    But it's not just about the rewards, the fact is that the creators have very little tools to customize their adventures. The lack of boss fights is criminal. Weapon skins cannot be changed. You can change the monster skin, but not their set of abilities. The list goes on...
  • huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd like to add my voice for the foundry getting an overhaul and new content as well. It's one of my favorite features of the game, and it deserves some attention.
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    There are 2 things I want in future mods:

1) Real Quests: I want the mod to be dominated with real quests, that have multiple steps and require thought, some looking around, and maybe skill checks. Maybe there is a different way to complete for different classes. I want each of these to lead into the next, so that they form a campaign more in the original D&D sense. Each quest builds on the story. These quests may require level 60, but are not gated behind all the other Mod campaigns.

2) Major Foundry Update: This is probably even more important than point 1. The foundry needs to be overhauled, as has been mentioned before. I want to see a new Search function, the addition of real bosses, optional quest objectives, "OR" logic, Levers and "on/off switches" (interactables that can be toggled more than once to create better puzzles), and, of course, an improvement to the rewards system that makes players want to actually spend time on them. Also a wider variety of encounters, NPC costumes, and assets, including making all costume items that appear on NPCs selectable and editable. That is what I want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    They could just give greater rewards for featured quests, those are (should?) guaranteed to be exploit-free, in fact they already have the "exp-limiter" removed.
    But it's not just about the rewards, the fact is that the creators have very little tools to customize their adventures. The lack of boss fights is criminal. Weapon skins cannot be changed. You can change the monster skin, but not their set of abilities. The list goes on...

I think the foundry aspect has been neglected for the most part. I see a lot of potential in it when this game was in beta. There just has been so many requests for other endgame features that if they weren't able to address it in 4 modules, piling on more and more feature requests on their plate...well I frankly do not know if they have the time or resources to achieve that.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Foundry.

This.

1) Use Foundry to let players create dungeons for the DEV team to then "QC" and put out to live.
    2) Use Foundry to let players create new PVP maps for the DEV team to "QC" and put out to live.

#sitbackandrakeinthemoney
  • nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want a more role-playing experience and this is something the devs started to do in Icewind Dale. It's all about choice. In Icewind Dale you can choose between two factions but the choices are not meaningful all the missions but one are the same for each side. I want some thing like that but more variation. You might remember the mission were you asked to spy on the opposition, were not given any choice in this mission either. We should have been given the choice to do it in different ways.

I also liked the black ice mining concept. This is cool even though you are fetching stuff it's more complicated because it's tied into your black ice mining skill and you use it to power your gear. This is nice because it makes the game more than just fighting and fetching.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A motivation to join a guild.

Oh and improved foundry tools of course. Like difficulty scaling, better rewards oh and of course let us add the boss fights. I remember I once ran a foundry with 20 lvl difference (was running a foundry in a party. 3 lvl 4s and one 60 lvl guy just joined us to increase the difficulty of the foundry making it as hard as current eLoL and eSoT xD).
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bloody want my nail slider back along with color options! Humble request, BLOODY HUMBLE.
    edited September 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    A motivation to join a guild.

I agree with this as well.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    bardaaron wrote: »
    1) Real Quests: I want the mod to be dominated with real quests, that have multiple steps and require thought, some looking around, and maybe skill checks. Maybe there is a different way to complete for different classes. I want each of these to lead into the next, so that they form a campaign more in the original D&D sense. Each quest builds on the story. These quests may require level 60, but are not gated behind all the other Mod campaigns.
    This would be nice to see in future modules. Foundry updates would be nice as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actual pve content that isn't a joke.
    Frequent drop from said pve content, not the 1/100 chance we have now.
    Boons that don't take a ridiculous amount of farming to get.
    No daily questing for the sake of reputation increase.
    Events that can give good items instead of the daily quests.
    Actual t3 gear with stats that we want and a good set bonus. 3 sets per class similar to the t2 model.
  • vektoriozvektorioz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Still hoping for some version of ctf or mideval football for pvp.An old short lived Aussie game called Fury had a map where there were 4 crystals on each side and you had to run them to your base.Was a blast and the variations could be limitless.The ffa(qued for) arena was pretty fun as well.
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

I agree. Player made pvp maps would rock. Those two are boring as hell and even giving rewards, there is very little you could cheat when creating pvp maps and only thing you can get is glory. Players wouldn't probably play maps that were designed for one side to win and even if they were, there is no guarantee you would be put on the advantageous side.

Also party and one on one challenges between players for pvp would be nice.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Upping the daily AD would be very nice. But they could do more. One simple thing they could do... (that has been suggested many times) ...is to let longer quests count for more.

Now at 60 you need 4 foundry quests for the daily. They have to be at least 15 minutes average play time to qualify. You get the exact same reward for running a quest that takes an hour as you do a 15 minute one. 1/4 of your daily. So everyone runs quests as close as possible to that 15 minute average.

This would be super simple to fix. Change the Rhix/Neverember quest to require 4 foundry crests/tokens/whatever. Have the final chest reward you these items based on how long the average playtime is. 15+ minutes gets you 1. 30+ minutes gets you 2. 45+ gets you 3. 60+ gets you 4. This way you could get your daily done by doing one long quest instead of 4 short ones.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • ngeluzngeluz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It needs more RPG elements and more freedom:

-Swimming/Flying

-Housing/Guild Halls (PvP invasion on them maybe?)

-Companion interactions (Maybe a story to them, personality, side quests?)

-More side secret quests stories or Stories related to your choice of class and race (Remember WE are the stories MAIN Hero?):cool:

-Larger pool of races and classes to pick from

-Encourage more Dungeon/Map Exploring instead of just farming or getting the main quest done

-Mounts that can be companions or combat mounts (No fair enemies get to fight with their mounts on them or beside them!):p

-Expand more into the other realms (Shadowfell, Far Realm, Abyss, Elemental Chaos, Astral Sea...) and more of its monsters to fight...I mean, compare to some of them Tiamat is just a baby...(You know an open world or open Realms?)

-Expand more into exotic rare races like Deva, Vryloka, Shifters, Half-Dragon, Draconians, Gensai, Shades ect...or Darker rare classes like Vampire, Blackguard, Necromancers, Baelnorn (Good Lich), etc...(Warklock was a great start!):D

This will help players submerge more into story and be less concern with AD, Refinement, keys lock boxes, Grind/RNG and other stuff that literally kills the game experience...:rolleyes:
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I personally want a single thing - probably will pass unnoticed :)

The ability to stop gaining experience at any point.
    Allow me to explain : maybe I have a twink lvl 10 or 20 ... or 24 if I like and I enjoy very much pvp-in or pve-ing with it. I want it to remain like that - at that particular level - not to grow and go to 60 (I have 6x 60s already)
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • urterrorurterror Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    /dream_on
    Open World!
    Guilds!
    Crafting!

/dream_off
    paladin_signature_by_whiitelotus-d330x28.png

| Cìrdan - GF | Cìrdan The Lightbringer - OP |
    < Guild: Pugno Fiammante >
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ngeluz wrote: »
    It needs more RPG elements and more freedom:

-Swimming/Flying

-Housing/Guild Halls (PvP invasion on them maybe?)

-Companion interactions (Maybe a story to them, personality, side quests?)

-More side secret quests stories or Stories related to your choice of class and race (Remember WE are the stories MAIN Hero?):cool:

-Larger pool of races and classes to pick from

-Encourage more Dungeon/Map Exploring instead of just farming or getting the main quest done

-Mounts that can be companions or combat mounts (No fair enemies get to fight with their mounts on them or beside them!):p

-Expand more into the other realms (Shadowfell, Far Realm, Abyss, Elemental Chaos, Astral Sea...) and more of its monsters to fight...I mean, compare to some of them Tiamat is just a baby...

-Expand more into exotic rare races like Deva, Vryloka, Shifters, Half-Dragon, Gensai, Shades ect...or Darker rare classes like Vampire, Blackguard, Necromancers, Baelnorn (Good Lich), etc...(Warklock was a great start!):D

This will help players submerge more into story and be less concern with AD, Refinement, keys lock boxes, Grind/RNG and other stuff that literally kills the game experience...:rolleyes:

I agree with many of these points. I'm glad to find more people that isn't only interested in the Epic l00tz.
    Also I agree with runebane with the foundry reward improvement ideas.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anatas07 wrote: »
    I personally want a single thing - probably will pass unnoticed :)

The ability to stop gaining experience at any point.
    Allow me to explain : maybe I have a twink lvl 10 or 20 ... or 24 if I like and I enjoy very much pvp-in or pve-ing with it. I want it to remain like that - at that particular level - not to grow and go to 60 (I have 6x 60s already)

Umm, no. You shouldn't be allowed to take your twinked-out lvl 10 player with PVorp and Rank 10's and smash people continually.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    .. for the next module I want all what is listed in my signature + an intelligent PvP buff of clerics.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)