test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips for killing CWs

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Wilds
Help, I need them.

Any other class is dead if I see them, but CWs, well, I may as well just bend right over and kiss my butt goodbye.

Post your tips here.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    What class are you ?
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Try to reach him before he locks you otherwise your done unless you deflect all his damage.
  • stanelycstanelyc Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014

jonkoca wrote: »
    Help, I need them.

Any other class is dead if I see them, but CWs, well, I may as well just bend right over and kiss my butt goodbye.

Post your tips here.
    Become archer,
    Use cleric arti filling ur ap power before fight. Save ur distribution shot for CW.

Forget about win or lose, forget other enemy, just focus make sure CW always in respawn.

As the result, u will be chased by melee hr, gf, gwf, tr.

Do u want to be this way?
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    What class are you ?

HR. 18k even. Which makes me crazy. Anything else I go through like knives through wet paper, CWs though, argh. Seems to be 2 in every enemy team.

@stanelyc

Archer is a good counter, but yes, as you say, dies easily to everything else. Ironic, started out mod4 with a black ice vorpal archer build, and had no problem surviving CWs but serious problems with everything else, now I'm a fotm royal guard gpf with **** tenacity and face the opposite situation.

:/
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The best defense against a CW in pvp is having another CW on your team CCing him while you burn him, any other formula would be incorrect in facing this class. Until they put the other controller class in game "Druids" CW will always cause issues for every other class.
    On a note, by my count yesterday, there was 12 other threads made by people of different classes asking the same exact question.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • jmikezjmikez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1vs1 its a 50/50. Pray that u can time your dodges and be lucky with deflect procs. Having DC artifact even at blue-purple quality helps a lot.
    In domination, dont rush in and be the first one on the frontlines, stay back and let the enemy cw unload their rotation on sumone. after that, its easy pickings.
    Jeanne -- 21.8k PvP CW
    Michael -- 21.1k PvP Sent GWF
    morePewPewlessQQ -- 20k Pvp/PvE HR
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    now I'm a fotm royal guard gpf with **** tenacity and face the opposite situation.

Get the Domination Cloak and the 2 pvp rings from the pvp campaign tree (13 or 15 achievements) are you're set for tenacity (750 IIRC).
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited September 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Get the Domination Cloak and the 2 pvp rings from the pvp campaign tree (13 or 15 achievements) are you're set for tenacity (750 IIRC).

Lol, already got those, but godawful stats on the evasion ring amd the cloak. Movement. Pff. The most useless stat of all.

Oh well, guess I'll hide behind a gf and then let fly. If the gf isn't like 7k gs anyway. Had a 6k SW on my pugteam just now.

Losing constricting arrow really left us with nothing to counter CWs.
    edited September 2014
    Hah, another mystery solved, barkshield got nerfed regarding dots apparantly, sooo, that's another reason I've been dropping like a fly.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe you should settle for being able to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on every other class as you please, at the price of having at least one class that has a better chance of beating you?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    edited September 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Maybe you should settle for being able to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on every other class as you please, at the price of having at least one class that has a better chance of beating you?

Yes, actually I suppose I should take the glass-pretty-full perspective. But **** those CWs. I want an 'explode nearest wizard' daily.
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Yes, actually I suppose I should take the glass-pretty-full perspective. But **** those CWs. I want an 'explode nearest wizard' daily.

1v1 You should not be losing to a Cw on a consistent basis. Biz Geared against BiZ geared: HR destroys the Cw in 4 seconds.

But if we catch you hitting someone else, and maybe manage to lock you down. You are done for.

In my experience, against well played HRs, it is an uphill struggle for the CW. And we only Win if we have Ice Knife Up.

Pro tip: Mara rush, Disruptive, Boars, Foxes, Careful, Disruptive.

Thats the rotation.

9/10 times Cw will be on 10-15% from there. And all you need to do is dodge while he dies to Careful Attack.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From my experience with combat HR against similarly geared CW its just a matter of who notices and hits the other first. If the CW is occupied or doesn't notice you then you can quickly burst him down with marauder, boar charge and fox shift and some at wills if needed. If he is paying attention to you and catches you mid Marauder rush with CC then you probably are dead or will have to escape.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    1v1 You should not be losing to a Cw on a consistent basis. Biz Geared against BiZ geared: HR destroys the Cw in 4 seconds.

But if we catch you hitting someone else, and maybe manage to lock you down. You are done for.

In my experience, against well played HRs, it is an uphill struggle for the CW. And we only Win if we have Ice Knife Up.

Thats the rotation.

9/10 times Cw will be on 10-15% from there. And all you need to do is dodge while he dies to Careful Attack.

Yes the pro tip for anyone who's ready to become airborne. By the time he tries to click the Maurarders the CW would have used EF. I gotta admit, I tried that once before against a CW with the DC artifact and as soon as I used maurarders I was floating in the air, repelled, icy rayed, chill striked, and ice knifed before youtube even got to update. You have to use distruptive , the CW will be freaking out and wobbling around... Put CA on them, by then disruptive has worn off, now they'll teleport once if they're pro or teleport twice if they're not pro. In that frame they can't attack so as soon as you see the ending animation you have to boars followed by fox. Why? Because CA debuffs making boars stronger, and boars prones which takes away defense which makes fox stronger and CA more potent. Then finish them off with rapid strike. By the time they come from soul forged you have to disruptive and kill right then and there before they start their rotation
    edited September 2014
    Trouble is I'm usually on 2, beating people up and boom suddenly I'm in the air and have become a pinata.

I usually rush and boars though so I'll try the rush and disrupt instead. Cheers.
  • thenewbierocksthenewbierocks Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Help, I need them.

Post your tips here.

In fact Hr's are better than cw's, equally geared, HR's destroys cw's soo fast...
  • umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lol, already got those, but godawful stats on the evasion ring amd the cloak. Movement. Pff. The most useless stat of all.

Oh well, guess I'll hide behind a gf and then let fly. If the gf isn't like 7k gs anyway. Had a 6k SW on my pugteam just now.

Losing constricting arrow really left us with nothing to counter CWs.

Movement is probably the best stat for PVP. It gives you the ability to pick and choose your battles - you can't beat that.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dodge is your key. Pretty much my logo in pvp would be - kill all CWs ) Just too overpowered class at the moment.
    I do have oghma artifact - even after nerfs it is still great to escape from CC if fox or mara not avalieble.
    All rest would be rotation like - fox cunning, mara, boars, aimed, disruptive, fox shift.
    Then depends - CW runs aways - then bow ,fox cuning. CW stays - left button strike. CW got back up - mara run )) get some space. Make GFW GF TR run to you so that CW is in flank again alone - mara to him. repeat fist rotation but note -you will have to face all others very fast and very soon.

I do run profound now btw. Have not got jewelry yet since spent all glory at 2 rp week)
    edited October 2014
    umcjdking wrote: »
    Movement is probably the best stat for PVP. It gives you the ability to pick and choose your battles - you can't beat that.

Hmm. No. Movement is your mount's department.

Anyway, saw sense and put my pvp rings back on and upped my deflect a little. Opening with disrupt and voila, dead CWs everywhere, thanks guys. 19% tenacity, and 450 control resist from my orange CW sigil goes a long way.
  • sandstorm777sandstorm777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What artifacts are you using.
    edited October 2014
    What artifacts are you using.

CW sigil main, gwf sigil, and vanguards banner, all orange.
  • akosimigsakosimigs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This. Though I usually go for careful after Disruptive. You should be able to figure out a lot with your initial marauders like how fast you can probably kill the CW and how fast he can react. The most important thing here, at least for me, is keeping the CW on his toes. You can do this by taking advantage of your higher move speed(fox and pathfinder) and your dashes. By constantly attacking from his blind spots you should be able to make it harder for him to use entangling or icy rays on you. Also, I try not to throw all my encounters on the CW at once(unless I think I can quickly burst him down of course), take advantage of the animation of fox shift while throwing some rapid shots in between encounters. Hopefully, disruptive is about ready if he's still alive or you can just marauder out if you think you won't live through his rotation.
  • sandstorm777sandstorm777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    CW sigil main, gwf sigil, and vanguards banner, all orange.

Oghmas/Vanguard/GWF or If possible, Heart of the Dragon (dragonborn artifact name I believe)

Mauraders/Disruptive/Boar/Careful/Fox/Forest Ghost repeat if still alive.

If you get caught, wait for grip to end, become frozen and then pop oghmas, if done correctly you can destroy any CWs.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oghmas/Vanguard/GWF or If possible, Heart of the Dragon (dragonborn artifact name I believe)

If you get caught, wait for grip to end, become frozen and then pop oghmas, if done correctly you can destroy any CWs.

Yap. Oghma works really good. +450 cr makes alse difference too.
    I run Oghma, Heart + 3rd - now plain HRs. thinking about getting Warlocks or GWF. Unfortunately i had chosen Defensive banner instead of Vanguard first ( And there is not enought people in IWD this days.
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

Unless I'm rotating to your node Sandy :p
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • bluellbluell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    to kill a cw make on cause rest us arent paying them 50 million a month to gank the crud out all classes but there new locks and rogues so welcome to the new assasins creed game neverwinter nones here!
  • froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

Thats the rotation.

"BiZ geared" ? Are you 9 years old? Best in Zebra? Wtf?!

Yes. Take the "pro tips" from this guy! He is best in zlot!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

Thats the rotation.

Bingo. Now please stop complaining about the overpowered HR class in PVP