Options

Why is the ZAX rising again?

13»

Comments

• Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    harkur wrote: »
    The ZAX dropping to zero was the result of a forced reset, it has absolutely nothing to do with the player side of the economy and the backlog building back up once again was to be expected. It was, in fact, predicted by more than a few posters.

500:1 sets a completely arbitrary $20/million AD value, and given the prices on the AH that's ridiculous. No, it's not at all surprising that there's a growing backlog again as the ZAX is currently fueled (on the Zen side) primarily by whales and there is a finite number of them.

That is not correct. The backlog went away due to numerous factors (2x refinement) but not due to the wipe. The reason it has gone back up is that many folks seeing it fall so fast, sold off their Zen to make sure they didn't get stuck with huge reserves if it dipped below 500 (which it did). Now that it's stabilized folks have put orders back in. It rose slightly above 1M over the weekend, but it's now back down to 800K. All things being equal it should continue to fall over the next few weeks. Only a sale or some other event should change it's course at this point.
  • Options
    dargrotdargrot Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am glad somebody else understands what I thought was a basic concept.

My motto in my feedback is that if the marketing team doesn't consider AD an equal value trade then it is impossible for the ZAX to function.

I mean, if you assume a white companion is free the cost to upgrade from white to purple should, at the very least, be the same value as the cheapest Zen Store purple companion when the value is 500 AD:Zen.

Currently the cost is 1,550,000 to upgrade from white to purple. At 500 AD to Zen that's 3100 Zen. That's 600 more Zen than if you bought a brand new purple companion.

To upgrade to blue is even worse. That comes out to be 800,000 AD to upgrade which is 1600 Zen minimum. The cheapest blues are 800 Zen and the most expensive are 1200. So we are looking at double the costs in some cases.

In order for the ZAX to function AD needs to be valuable. If AD isn't at the very least equivilent to 500 AD:Zen transfers then of course the system won't function.

Wow... logic fail. You want AD to = Zen. The only reason "at the very least" works in your system is due to your banning/suspending people who would use 3rd party suppliers who truly are reflective of AD value. The only reason for "at the very least" is greed, which only works with the ban hammer. omegaosprey has it right.