test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will mode 5 finaly balanace pve classes?

13»

Comments

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kozi... please... stop trying to defend the indefensible. the devs stolen one million dollars from his account of Swiss and deposited 2 million to the account of panama.

is time to cw beggining to pay your taxes OR liberalize the economy to all.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    kozi... please... stop trying to defend the indefensible. the devs stolen one million dollars from his account of Swiss and deposited 2 million to the account of panama.

- CW has less damage in the MODERN dungeon design that will be the norm from now on compared to striker classes such as HR/SW. MUCH LESS.
    - CW has good control, but almost nothing to control in the modern design
    - CW has decent damage. Damage goes up with the number of mobs thrown at the party. The more lame skeletons around the more CW DPS goes up.

Where is your PROBLEM?

CW is a heavy AoE CC class that thrives on that. Other classes have different attributes that thrive on.

Do not even bother to come explaining why CW is OP in CN where you can CC EVERYTHING but Bosses. Just don't. That dungeon is obsolete, prices per item are down to hell and Mod 5 will make them worse.

CW OPness is a relic of the past.

You already destroyed the class ONCE by moving the DPS from Shard/Sudden Storm/Chill Strike to Storm Spell, boring as hell. Just stop.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait;

The only time I showed the pattern of damage of my cw was AFTER the class received a nerf and BEFORE receive a big buff.

dont conceal an argument that is the mark of a good portion of the players in his class that sustain hegemony screaming and lying on the forums, looking in other classes one incongruity of "1%" in rogues, a gwfs, a rangers at the same time on the feets of their respective class gave 3 / 4x more damage than it should in the past.

this damage should not have been moved, should have been EXTINCT OR REALLY conditioning.

About the dungeon mentioned, I already answered about 15 times.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    - CW has less damage in the MODERN dungeon design that will be the norm from now on compared to striker classes such as HR/SW. MUCH LESS.
    - CW has good control, but almost nothing to control in the modern design
    - CW has decent damage. Damage goes up with the number of mobs thrown at the party. The more lame skeletons around the more CW DPS goes up.

Where is your PROBLEM?

CW is a heavy AoE CC class that thrives on that. Other classes have different attributes that thrive on.

Do not even bother to come explaining why CW is OP in CN where you can CC EVERYTHING but Bosses. Just don't. That dungeon is obsolete, prices per item are down to hell and Mod 5 will make them worse.

CW OPness is a relic of the past.

You already destroyed the class ONCE by moving the DPS from Shard/Sudden Storm/Chill Strike to Storm Spell, boring as hell. Just stop.

I'm sorry but everyone knows CWs combination of damage and cc is way out of line with other classes.. If you don't agree your agenda is to protect the cw... That's all..

To highlight this fact yesterday I logged on.. Had a look at my friends list.. I had 43 friends online... 37 were playing on their cw....that's insane!!!! If they aren't OP why has everyone rolled one and chooses to play it? The imbalance in how powerful the class is in pvp and pve has already completely imbalanced the amount of class distribution in the game...
    And if CWs were not so OP you might find that CN prices would be much better .. Cw is the reason for low CN prices.. Try doing a run without a cw and see how many times you wipe Draco...
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pandapaul wrote: »
    I'm sorry but everyone knows CWs combination of damage and cc is way out of line with other classes.. If you don't agree your agenda is to protect the cw... That's all..

To highlight this fact yesterday I logged on.. Had a look at my friends list.. I had 43 friends online... 37 were playing on their cw....that's insane!!!! If they aren't OP why has everyone rolled one and chooses to play it? The imbalance in how powerful the class is in pvp and pve has already completely imbalanced the amount of class distribution in the game...
    And if CWs were not so OP you might find that CN prices would be much better .. Cw is the reason for low CN prices.. Try doing a run without a cw and see how many times you wipe Draco...

Common man.

You GWFs have a a looooooong history of trying to nerf CWs all the time.

I played with you and Valiant back in the days and you complained even as you were doing pretty much the same damage in CN with top CWs such as Rowena, and it was STILL not enough for you.

You will never be happy with a strong CW class, whatever the arguments for it, you will just ignore it. However.

- the class is no longer powerful in PvP, just so you know. If you take glyphs out of the equation, CW gets destroyed by HR/GWF/GF easily. That makes it a lower end mid-tier class. Talking about BiS gear, good PvP player, not amateurs.
    - the class strength grows with the number of adds around. THIS IS FINE. "many adds" design is OBSOLETE, and you won't see it again, as evidenced by new content. Developers listened to the players in this aspect.

My HR is just as good as a CW in both LoL or SoT. And it's a PvP spec lol. If I make it Archery, I will be better than CWs.

So you see, CN-style <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-dungeons are no longer relevant. And the AoE CC master should be powerful in any encounter that requires CC and AoE DPS.

But yeah, I know you and other GWFs won't be happy until you will see CW as your effing singbot, so you can dish epic DPS while CWs have about half of what you can do :\

What can I say, I hope you can never-ever manage to do that. CW should stay strong, not gamebreaking strong like in M2-3, but strong like now.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Common man.

You GWFs have a a looooooong history of trying to nerf CWs all the time.

I played with you and Valiant back in the days and you complained even as you were doing pretty much the same damage in CN with top CWs such as Rowena, and it was STILL not enough for you.

You will never be happy with a strong CW class, whatever the arguments for it, you will just ignore it. However.

- the class is no longer powerful in PvP, just so you know. If you take glyphs out of the equation, CW gets destroyed by HR/GWF/GF easily. That makes it a lower end mid-tier class. Talking about BiS gear, good PvP player, not amateurs.
    - the class strength grows with the number of adds around. THIS IS FINE. "many adds" design is OBSOLETE, and you won't see it again, as evidenced by new content. Developers listened to the players in this aspect.

My HR is just as good as a CW in both LoL or SoT. And it's a PvP spec lol. If I make it Archery, I will be better than CWs.

So you see, CN-style <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-dungeons are no longer relevant. And the AoE CC master should be powerful in any encounter that requires CC and AoE DPS.

But yeah, I know you and other GWFs won't be happy until you will see CW as your effing singbot, so you can dish epic DPS while CWs have about half of what you can do :\

What can I say, I hope you can never-ever manage to do that. CW should stay strong, not gamebreaking strong like in M2-3, but strong like now.

All I want is balance and at the moment the game is as far from balanced as it's ever been.. That's all I want is balance.. And by pointing out that it isn't.. Shouldn't be a problem

And you talk of gwfs wanting cw nerfs.. The main reason GWF was nerfed previously into the ground is because of the cw QQ that filed the forum for months...

I don't want cw to be useless at all.. I just think they should have to chose between control or dps.. Just in the same way I have to chose between damage and tank.. Because at the moment a cw can be game breaking in both control and damage at the same time.. And it shouldn't be that way
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I keep saying things while you keep saying false things.

So you say CW mod4 nerf was nothing?
    I say it was a big thing and you should be happy about it! And you should be happy to storm spell and assailing as well!

Because mod3 CW would eat even the new favourite, the Warlock for breakfast with or without TT! Bugged or anything, leeching or non-leeching!

I could kill a rooms in seconds with 150k+ shards/OFs/suddens for far away while they can even cast that thing and dreadthefting it...
    According to ACT my dps was far greater then comparing that lower power/crit severity.
    edited October 2014

To highlight this fact yesterday I logged on.. Had a look at my friends list.. I had 43 friends online... 37 were playing on their cw....that's insane!!!!

Mine too!
    But my reason to befriend them because that guys actually can play...
    And I can trust them on a succesfull run.
    I can call them to party on CW/GF/DC/SW/HR and anything.

Sadly I rarely met good main Hr nowadays and main Warlocks are just keep searching profitable bugs and their main skill is pressing TT so I am not in a hurry befriend them.

We could do 20 minutes CN runs in mod3. It isnt really faster nowadays. CW isn't really that stronger in CN then in mod3.

CN weapon prices drop is because of the too easily achievable BIS artifact weapon and the very good draconic weapon set!
    CN jewelry prices drop is because of the too easily achievable T3 jewelry in Lol (ring of Pain).
    Lostmauth should be much harder to Pugs nowadays.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    honestly I lost the taste to discuss. After the episode of intimidation, I understand that the gwf playerbase is very puritanical (euphemism for dumb ) and the gwf class deserves to be dominated .

about cw, i can repeat the same thing and explain the logistics changes.you know all that and just do "your job" to protect your class (i disagree, but is better than what you see in barracks).

Either way you put it, the DEVS said that intimidation works as intended... so let's stop this episode about intimidation, cause neither a CW/ GF / HR posts their opness on forums... there is no point to crush our legs if we will only sacrifice ourself.
  • nubc3ke7331nubc3ke7331 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I will state this till I am blue in the face. Pve and pvp needs to be separated. When they try to balance things for one it breaks the other. when they nerf/buff a class for one it breaks the other. This would take 2 pages of boons/character set up pages(and different gear). Not sure if they can/ever will and it is the only way to fix this. Regardless if you agree or not. Other mmo's that have done this seems to work out pretty well. And then you can build for both pve/pvp and the game can get more balanced.
  • forumgambittforumgambitt Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    The short answer to this question is no, of course not. This is a F2P game, they can't afford to sink an entire mod's budget into one big, hard (and well-polished) dungeon/raid. In sub games these things tend to work better because the company has it's money and can afford to let players get drops without creating hundreds of overnight millionaires just by having reasonable drop rates.

I'm rolling on the floor, laughing my *** off (also known as: roflmao <3) at how utterly wrong you are, and how completely backwards you actually have the entire financial situation. XD

Do you even know why f2p games are actually more popular than sub games now? And why so many games are going from sub to f2p?

Guess what, it's because f2p actually DOES make MORE money than sub games. And why? Because players are more willing to put faith in something they don't have to PAY to PLAY. People are more willing to try new things if they're eased into it, instead of forcing them to pay upfront just to start playing.
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Will mod5 finally balance classes? hmm... probably not.
    Why?
    Well, from reading through the various forums, I have found that no-one agrees on what "balanced" means. The devs could balance the classes in one way and certain players who play differently will break the system. They can compensate, but doing so will step on toes. So, we really should stop bandying about balance issues as we perceive them and cease the dev sniping wrt boffs/nerfs.

Seriously, it's become like a Hatfields and McCoys redux between you GWFs and CWs.

Dungeons are team efforts. If you're focusing about being top paingiver, then there's probably something being neglected. Same goes for PvP. This is a PvE game first and that needs to take precedent. PvP will always be full of players trying to one-up each other. Such playstyles are complete "my d*** is bigger than yours" competitions and it's bleeding over into PvE. It's why no-one cares to be scoundrel TR, why no-one does party debuffs unless necessary, etc. The game has become about "Me" and not the team.

So, let's make the best of what we have, work to complement each others' strengths, and make this game enjoyable for each other.

Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu - I am human because you are human.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Sadly I rarely met good main Hr nowadays and main Warlocks are just keep searching profitable bugs and their main skill is pressing TT so I am not in a hurry befriend them.
    Oh my. So much ignorance and arrogance in a single sentence. Presumably your epeen can't stand another viable DPS mage class in the game. Well suck it up.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited October 2014
    Oh my. So much ignorance and arrogance in a single sentence. Presumably your epeen can't stand another viable DPS mage class in the game. Well suck it up.

I was happy and excited when another wizard like class released but now Warlocks comments are lacking constructivism.

I have my own just in case.
    edited October 2014
    I was happy and excited when another wizard like class released but now Warlocks comments are lacking constructivism.

I have my own just in case.
    As you'll notice from my sig, I have several classes. My oldest and most advanced toon is my CW. If you want constructive comments try not to post trash talk. Or maybe play that SW of your some more so you know how the class actually functions.

For instance, the only bugged power in the SW arsenal was TT and that is now fixed. Only bad 'locks relied on this power too much anyway - those of us who realised right away that it was bugged developed strategies that didn't involved maximising AP gain for TT spam. And there are plenty of ways to be very effective without over-use of TT. The fixes to broken Necrotic feats and powers will make TT even less important.

So your statement that all 'locks just exploited bugs and spammed TT shows breathtaking ignorance.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't think so, after all the changes aimed at class balance I don't feel it's more balanced than mod 1.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited October 2014
    As you'll notice from my sig, I have several classes. My oldest and most advanced toon is my CW. If you want constructive comments try not to post trash talk. Or maybe play that SW of your some more so you know how the class actually functions.

For instance, the only bugged power in the SW arsenal was TT and that is now fixed. Only bad 'locks relied on this power too much anyway - those of us who realised right away that it was bugged developed strategies that didn't involved maximising AP gain for TT spam. And there are plenty of ways to be very effective without over-use of TT. The fixes to broken Necrotic feats and powers will make TT even less important.

So your statement that all 'locks just exploited bugs and spammed TT shows breathtaking ignorance.

I am well aware of SW functions!

Well its just the repercussion about QQing against CWs. I excepted more from fellow mages but we get just this.

TT is far from fixed. In fact it can do more damage than before to fury. Now I can see 1-1.6 million TT damage in Lol according to ACT...
    edited October 2014
    I am well aware of SW functions!
    You hide it well.
    TT is far from fixed. In fact it can do more damage than before to fury. Now I can see 1-1.6 million TT damage in Lol according to ACT...
    TT is fixed. It has been tested and confirmed that it only echoes the damage from the Warlock and not all party members any more. If you're seeing big numbers from a DPS daily that's hardly a surprise. And people are probably getting better at using it optimally now that it doesn't just amplify all party damage.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited October 2014
    TT is fixed. It has been tested and confirmed that it only echoes the damage from the Warlock and not all party members any more. If you're seeing big numbers from a DPS daily that's hardly a surprise. And people are probably getting better at using it optimally now that it doesn't just amplify all party damage.

TT is not fixed!
    The leeching part maybe fixed.
    The 50% damage is clearly not fixed.
    On Lol Scorpions I can see 375.000 Killing Flames and 1.600.000 TT which is clearly not 50%...
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TT is not fixed, it does still too much damage. My 16k SW can kill both scorpions in lol with 1 or 2 TT alone. So I just given up gearing it up, because it eats everything with 16k

TT is a very fun spell btw, not so easy to use, many sw can't do it properly. Long casting, cursing, damaging and staying alive is not easy to master, also you have to know the dungeons very well, when to use TT and when not use it. It's way harder than an oppressive force. But still, it just does too much damage now. I would suggest, to tone it down a bit. With TT having armorpen, and fury getting all necrotic surces for damage in mod 5, it would be even more OP.
    The corrected fury capstone maybe compensates for the damage loss. But with TT a Temptation warlock can still do almost the same amount of damage, and be a very good healer at the same time, which is not a good thing IMO. Also, nerfing TT a bit (range, or reflected damage 30% instead of 50) would ensure, that TT would become a more tactical choice, than a must have Daily. Now nobody uses Accursed Souls or Brood of Hadar, even Gates of Hell, because TT is just too out of control. (You can see some flames of pheletososofsf sometimes on bosses.) Or even nerf the damage more, and make the duration longer, so it would became a very good dot instead of a raw killing machine - thinking, if the new dungeon(s) in mod 5 will have thougher single target mobs - like 3 golems at the same time.

Saying this as SW player.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.