test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which Weapon Enchant?

originalmadscot1originalmadscot1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Wilds
Hey all,

In your humble opinions, which enchant would be best suited to a PvP combat/pathfinder HR?

I have the mats to build a Perfect Lifedrinker, should I use it or sell it?

Cheers guys n gals.
Post edited by originalmadscot1 on

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Plaguefire, end of story.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Almost. PF is pretty good for many classes. So if you are in a party the odds are pretty good that there is another PF and they do not stack. Soit is either really good (if no other PF) or simply not working 1/2 the time (as far as the debuff is concerned). So best kind of depends on party composition. If no GPF then GPF is best. If GPF PTerror is better than GPF. If already both GPF and PTerror Pvorp likely.......
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    He asked about pvp combat HR.
    Gpf or flaming enchant are by far the best ones. If u have legendary bow and enough str, then flaming might suit you. It also looks **** fk cool. On the other hand, if you have any other bow and are not BiS, then gpf is always very very good. Overall its a close call sou cant do anything wrong with both enchants.
    Lifedrinker is garbage for pathfinder.
    Terror is bad too. I only have one slotted sometimes for the looks ;-)
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Get high arm pen and use flaming enchant, it's underpowered for most other classes but works perfect for pvp hr :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe if you're filthy rich and can afford countless perfect enchantments. Just stick with GPF, as it's good for any character you'll make.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Plague if you pvp, vorpal for pve, but only if you have enough crit, or go with an archery build. I tried a week or two with lifedrinker, a long time ago, didn't really have a noticible benefit, and I dumped it for plague.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Plague if you pvp, vorpal for pve, but only if you have enough crit, or go with an archery build.

On this, and regarding pve, would any version of Plague Fire not be more beneficial if you are running with the Royal Guard set for the constant dots PF provides, hence a greater chance to lower your CDs? It's why I am using PF instead of Vorpal. My crit isn't very high, I aim for between 2-2.5k, so I don't think, especially with the new Archery feats, that Vorpal is as good as it was in Mod 3 for HRs in general. I haven't tested it so it's just my opinion though.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    for archery Vorpal is bis... period. +25 critchance feat with 240 crit severity is a ****load of added dps.

+ as an archer u dont hit that fast to really stack many plaguefire stacks and the encounter rotations dont benefit that much from faster cooldowns from royal guard.

combat is another story, but archery is about hiting hard.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ximae wrote: »

+ as an archer u dont hit that fast to really stack many plaguefire stacks and the encounter rotations dont benefit that much from faster cooldowns from royal guard.

Seeing as many people are running with some form of Plague Fire, the debuff is less important to me than the extra damage ticks it provides. I don't use Aimed unless I'm fighting a stationary boss so Rapid and Electric Shots are doing a good job of lowering my CD's via Royal Guard set bonus. I almost always have 2 StS up with near back-to-back RoA without any Recovery to speak of so my set-up works just fine with PF.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Seeing as many people are running with some form of Plague Fire, the debuff is less important to me than the extra damage ticks it provides. I don't use Aimed unless I'm fighting a stationary boss so Rapid and Electric Shots are doing a good job of lowering my CD's via Royal Guard set bonus. I almost always have 2 StS up with near back-to-back RoA without any Recovery to speak of so my set-up works just fine with PF.

Im not saying its bad, its for sure very good specially with royal guard, but I also get practically permanent sts/throw caution/thorn ward up and very short roa downtime (4 sec) (2 if i used stormstep) and i dont use royal guard or plaguefire, I do have good ammounts of recovery though.

I barely used aimed either, mostly rapid with leg rapid bow but thats also coz i use red glyphs and hitting faster benefits those. But considering how much damage comes from splitshot using electric as an archer doesnt seem a very good idea even if it suits ur cds, which there is other ways to manage and not loose so much dmg.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    But considering how much damage comes from splitshot using electric as an archer doesnt seem a very good idea even if it suits ur cds, which there is other ways to manage and not loose so much dmg.

I think Electric Shot just has a bad rep. I'm seeing some good numbers when it crits and it's easier to maintain without pulling aggro from everywhere. Plus I can just hold the mouse button down while casting RoA, StS and TW without breaking the rotation whereas with Split Shot one cannot do so. I usually half-charge SS but personally for me it takes longer to cast than ES.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think Ximae is right, if u going archery, go for vorpal..else, u will be wasting all the crit damage and bonus archer tree provide. And yeah.. lirithiel is right too..u will pull hell alot of agro from mob..best go with cw for cc to maximize damage. I gave up using split shot when there is no cw around.