test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW: Eye of the Storm Class feat bug.

wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Greetings,

As a CW, I've noticed how my "Eye of the Storm" class feat activates on Mobs or foes, including players (tested it myself with friends). At first, I thought it was a visual bug and doesn't actually work, but turns out it actually does, as I receive massive damage as critical strikes from mobs and / or bosses, resulting in my, or someone else's death at times.
Here's the class feat, there's nothing mentioned about it being able to activate on foes.

2na8opl.png

Now here's a screenshot taken by me on how it activates as a buff on a boss.

rua541.png

The boss received the buff and I got struck a second later by a 17k critical strike, which was half my hp at the time.

I can confirm that the reason is using sudden storm on mastery slot, as it has to hit at least two foes and the DoT effect arcs onto nearby foes. This arcing is what causes enemies to receive Eye of the Storm as a buff. Update: It also happens in PvP, without using sudden storm in mastery slot.

Thank you for taking the time to view this post. Looking forward to other people confirming this and a response from the officials about this issue.
laodpu3d124.png
Post edited by wisam187 on

Comments

• Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Have you, by any chance, had a GF in your party running Knight's Valor? 99% of the buffs gets passed to mobs too, while debuffs affect the whole team, thanks to KV.

That said i remember something like this happening before, thought it was fixed, but i'm not really paying attention to the buff bar of the boss.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Have you, by any chance, had a GF in your party running Knight's Valor?
    Thanks for replying.
    No, there wasn't a guardian in out party, it consisted of Great Weapon Fighters and Control Wizards. (If I remember correctly, but I can confirm there was no Guardian)
    Also, This happens anywhere, with any kind of mobs, in any map, I can confirm that.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    smulch wrote: »

I can confirm that. It only happens with sudden storm on mastery slot.

Can the officials look into this issue please?

Thanks in advance.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This bug is quite old and was reported 2-3 times already. It is NOT solely related to Sudden Storm at all, it procs in PvP too where no CW uses Sudden.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    This bug is quite old and was reported 2-3 times already. It is NOT solely related to Sudden Storm at all, it procs in PvP too where no CW uses Sudden.

I went to PvP to test this issue, and it happened. I gave my enemies Eye of the Storm buff without using sudden storm in arcane mastery slot.

This seriously needs to be addressed. Hopefully one of the officials responds.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Bump.

Look here please!
    laodpu3d124.png
  • Options
    hitmarkhitmark Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ugh, so this is why i am all to often getting massacred by what looks like just another normal attack?

Guess i need to reevaluate my build.