test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestions For Powers to Equip to Fight Mobs?

huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Wilds
I've been building my HR as a Stormwarden with Archery focus. I've had very little problems finishing quests so far, and I've gotten her up to level 44. But I've noticed that I'm really struggling when I have no choice but to face mobs alone. Not minions, but multiple mid-to-difficult level opponents. The other day I fired on an enemy to bring him over to an area so I wouldn't set off multiples, only to have a difficult level opponent respawn right in front of me. That was pretty much insto-death.

I was hoping for suggestions for powers to put into slots when there's no choice but to face off against mobs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would run:

Passives: Aspect of the Lone Wolf, Aspect of the Falcon. This will increase your deflection when surrounded and let you open the encounter from higher distance (if you can due to line-of-sight)

At-wills: split shot (to soften as many mobs as possible before they get to you), rapid shot

Encounters: at your level, I would slot Constricting Arrow, Thorn Ward and Rain of Arrows (at higher replace Thor Ward with Fox's Cunning/sShift).

Daily: seismic shot

Open with Split Shot (you should be able to do that twice if you're lucky otherwise just once). Rain of Arrows right in front of your feet so that they enter it when they run to you. At that moment, Constrictive at point Blank range to keep them under the Rain. Shift back, Thorn Ward between you and them. Shift/Move and spam Rapid/Split, until you get your encounters back (stay close to the Thorn Ward), then repeat the Rain/Constrictive Combo.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    An extra few yards in range is a waste in PVE. Always use twin-blade-storm. 10 yards is less than a normal dodge distance.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Drop RoA at pointblank then throw afull rotation of melle encounters on topof it, generally turns your aggro into mulch.
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    An extra few yards in range is a waste in PVE. Always use twin-blade-storm. 10 yards is less than a normal dodge distance.

He's lvl 44.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I agree with Gabriel's first post. Dropping RoA right in front of you will burn the bulk of melee mobs' health. If you're facing a mob with CC, drop a thorn and dodge
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • Options
    huajia2huajia2 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thank-you, everyone. Definitely gonna try these out.