test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Essence of Aggression Recruitment Thread 2.0

meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Essence of Aggression: PvE/PvP. Apply at our website if interested!

If you do not know who we are, you most likely have not been PvPing. We are a solid guild of great players who love to both PvE and PvP. We currently have approximately over 400 characters, with 10-45 people active at any given time. We are one of the few original PvP/PvE guilds from Beta (Mindflayer), that continue to grow and thrive in NW.

As of today, July 7th 2015, we are recruiting:
1) Guardian Fighters
2) Great Weapon Fighters
3) Devoted Clerics
4) Trickster Rogues
5) Control Wizards
6) Hunter Rangers
7) Scourge Warlocks
8) Oathbound Paladins

Minimum Gear Requirements:
Since I do not play this game anymore, please refer to our website eoanw.enjin.com -> Recruitment -> Neverwinter Application for current requirements.

Teamspeak 3 is required (free download). Not only having it installed, but also being active on our TS. We do not accept players without a microphone. You need to be able to talk.

If you prefer typed messages over voice chat, please do not apply! We expect everyone to be active on our Teamspeak. If you're not, you will not make it through the 2 week trial period.

Please know that we have no tolerance for whiners, babies, drama queens, leavers, griefers, gossips, exploiters, annoyingly codependent players, plain-old jerks or anyone with a sense of entitlement. If you somehow get into our guild and we find out you fit into one of those categories, expect to be quickly kicked. Do not apply if you do not have Teamspeak.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss questions regarding the application process. If you have applied and been rejected on our website, please do not post here anymore!

See you all in game!

Meld and the EoA Leadership

P.S.: Sending Officers an annoying amount of tells in-game about why you haven't been accepted yet is a sure-fire way to be rejected.
Post edited by meldan3n on

Comments

• dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    are you guys luskan?
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    are you guys luskan?

Yes, we are. Originally, we were Delzoun, but switched to Luskan later, so we wouldn't have to worry about queue times.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cheers! application sent!
  • arcanun20arcanun20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello, i am a veteran Brazilian player, i play here since alpha... and im playing guildless for like 6 months... i guess its time to join a pvp focus guild... but im not native in your language. I do speak it, but not native. I dont know if this is a problem.

I am a TR with perfect vorpal and perfect bark, and switching for a power build preparing for MOD 5 Im all rank 10 atm. But not doing pvp until i finish the power build.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    meldan3n wrote: »

Perfect Weapon and Perfect Armor enchantments (Greater Plague Fire is accepted).
    3 Epic Artifacts.
    A Rank 3 mount.
    Rank 8 Enchantments (including Utilities). Rank 9 in case of Greater Plague Fire as Weapon Enchantment.
    Teamspeak 3 is required (free download). Not only having it installed, but also being active on our TS. We do not accept players without a microphone. You need to be able to talk.

This is a pretty chill requirement. I know of certain guilds that would want you to beat a premade with them before you are allowed in and other ones that force you to change your build to fit their team.

Not that anything's wrong with that, I think those are great ideas as well.
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a pretty chill requirement. I know of certain guilds that would want you to beat a premade with them before you are allowed in and other ones that force you to change your build to fit their team.

Not that anything's wrong with that, I think those are great ideas as well.

EoA is a big guild and most of our members are not hardcore PvPers.
    We have 5-10 people, including my self, that focus on premades / hardcore PvP.
    We also have a lot that focus on casual PvP.

BUT really we just focus on having as much fun as possible, because face it, there is not much left to do in this game :D
    We host contests, for example first person to find Person A in #4 Icespire Peak, gets a Rage Drake. We all start searching simultaneously, it can be pretty fun when everyone in on teamspeak.
    We go 20 man GG, its crazy fun with everyone teamspeak. We try to give the delzouns 0 points, and have a few screenshots of glorious victories in less then 11 mins.

So all in all. EoA is mostly about fun, and to put a person in a premade against another top team would be a bad indicator to see if he/she is fun :D
    edited October 2014
    arcanun20 wrote: »
    Hello, i am a veteran Brazilian player, i play here since alpha... and im playing guildless for like 6 months... i guess its time to join a pvp focus guild... but im not native in your language. I do speak it, but not native. I dont know if this is a problem.

I am a TR with perfect vorpal and perfect bark, and switching for a power build preparing for MOD 5 Im all rank 10 atm. But not doing pvp until i finish the power build.

Feel free to apply on our website. :)
    edited October 2014
    vedran541 wrote: »
    We go 20 man GG, its crazy fun with everyone teamspeak. We try to give the delzouns 0 points, and have a few screenshots of glorious victories in less then 11 mins.

I have heard about those yes. I wouldn't want to be the Delzoun there
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Essence of Aggression:
    Perfect Weapon and Perfect Armor enchantments (Greater Plague Fire is accepted).
    3 Epic Artifacts.
    A Rank 3 mount.
    Rank 8 Enchantments (including Utilities). Rank 9 in case of Greater Plague Fire as Weapon Enchantment.

I never get this with pvp guilds, and is probably why I have never joined one. I have made it to page 14 leaderboards( I quit after a while due to red glyphs so I might have gotten hgiher not sure) and do good in pvp but yet I only have rank 7s in all slots, only normal vorp and lesser soul.

It should be skill > gear :)

But anyway EOA seems like a good guild, I have fought many of your players in dom and it's always a good challenge and most seem respectful.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I never get this with pvp guilds, and is probably why I have never joined one. I have made it to page 14 leaderboards( I quit after a while due to red glyphs so I might have gotten hgiher not sure) and do good in pvp but yet I only have rank 7s in all slots, only normal vorp and lesser soul.

It should be skill > gear :)

But anyway EOA seems like a good guild, I have fought many of your players in dom and it's always a good challenge and most seem respectful.

I think EOA is just looking for a good blanket filter. They can evaluate skill further by doing runs with members.

And hey, EOA only wants the best of the best players in every aspect I would guess and that includes gear.
    edited October 2014
    I think EOA is just looking for a good blanket filter. They can evaluate skill further by doing runs with members.

And hey, EOA only wants the best of the best players in every aspect I would guess and that includes gear.

It's more that we want dedicated players that know how to communicate. Gear shows dedication.
    Even though personality is the most important factor, our players are still people that want to win. The gear requirements make sure that recruits don't become outsiders because of gear. The gear requirements are the minimums, meaning that if you would join us with Rank 8s etc., you would be one of those with the lowest gear in EoA.

We also change our requirements once in a while based on how many applications we're receiving.
    edited November 2014
    It's more that we want dedicated players that know how to communicate. Gear shows dedication.
    Even though personality is the most important factor, our players are still people that want to win. The gear requirements make sure that recruits don't become outsiders because of gear

Great point there. Just so sad to see others fail to comprehend this.
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I love the fact that no where in the requirements does it mention builds. Second that post.
    edited November 2014
    mh0ram wrote: »
    I love the fact that no where in the requirements does it mention builds. Second that post.

We don't force people into certain roles. It's just that if you are in full Rank 10s/Perfects/Legendaries, but with 20k HP, some people might avoid running PvP premades with you after a few matches if you don't consider changing it, unless this build serves a specific purpose. We have a big variety of builds in the guild (PvP and PvE-wise).

If you're a cool person and people like playing with you, you might as well run with a frying pan on your head.
    edited November 2014
    Due to the huge amount of applications we've been receiving lately, we had to up our minimum gear requirements:

At least one Legendary Artifact. The other two can be Epic.
    A Legendary weapon.
    At least one Legendary equipment part other than weapon or artifact(s): either neck, belt or offhand.
    Rank 9 Enchantments (Rank 8 in Utility slots).
    A Rank 3 mount.

If you have applied for EoA but haven't received an answer yet, please be patient. Even though most applications are accepted or rejected within one or two days, it can take up to 5 days for you to get feedback. We apologize for the long waiting time, but we want to make sure that every application is reviewed thoroughly by at least three recruitment officers before a decision is made.

Have a nice day and enjoy Mod 5!

Meld and the EoA Leadership
  • tarftgmtarftgm Banned Users Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I meet the requirements and even more, including TS3.

Really wanted to join but the guild rank names are just ridiculous lol.

I know most people don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about them but I do.
    edited November 2014
    tarftgm wrote: »
    I meet the requirements and even more, including TS3.

Really wanted to join but the guild rank names are just ridiculous lol.

I know most people don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about them but I do.

The rank names change a lot (1 - 2 times a week) based on member suggestions on the forums. Sometimes they're funny, sometimes they're stupid. :cool:
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What if for example, a guy has this:

3 legendary artifacts, legendary CON belt, legendary main hand. Normal cloak (non-artifact).

All rank 9's (Including utilities).

BUT!

He has a Normal weapon Enchant and a Greater armor enchant.

Would he get accepted ?
    edited November 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    What if for example, a guy has this:

3 legendary artifacts, legendary CON belt, legendary main hand. Normal cloak (non-artifact).

All rank 9's (Including utilities).

BUT!

He has a Normal weapon Enchant and a Greater armor enchant.

Would he get accepted ?

Those are only the minimum gear requirements. We recruit based on the personality/application.

If someone with gear like this would've submitted a decent application, he would probably be asked why he doesn't have his perfects yet, what he's waiting for, and/or how he's planning to get them. The rest would depend on his answer.
  • gibson74gibson74 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Applied, hope to hear from you soon.:)
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This guild seem to have a lot of decent players, I would +1 for your guild! :)

- From your alliance friend at Tiamat... icydrake of PD :D
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)