test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding the black ice bracers and mainhand.

icenamnicenamn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Greetings dear developers.

Could you please look over some of the drop rates on these items?

It seems quite odd that I am soon finished with the dragon campain and still have not been able to get the bracers.

Heroic Encounters (epic version) hit 100's long before the dragon campain was released.

Could you somehow make it less farm like idiot until you rip your hair out and come up with a solution.

Here are a few suggestions.
- Increase the chance of getting the bracers or mainhand every time you dont get it. Thus making an end to the farming.
- Increasing the droprate of all old equipment once a new expansion is released. Thus making it easier to catch up with new chars to the end game or making it funnier to play for new players.
- Making the equipment BoE (thus making people who get their second and third pairs to be able to sell them on auctionhouse for those who dont get them)

Please look over this. (this is things that make people stop playing, just so you know (it have crossed my mind))

Sincerely B.O.H.I.C.A.
Post edited by icenamn on

Comments

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yes, still havent bracers or main hand on my GF. play IWD from first day. i have really enough of this neverending story
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep, something like buying them with "encounter tokens", if we managed to partecipate in a number of major encounters and still didn't drop the 2 pieces of gear, this could be a solution...
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Despite having full set on several chars, I support the idea of making older gear easier to get (not all, stuff like this). Some people have been trying for months for gloves, which I got on my warlock while doing a daily. It seems to be very random xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Despite having full set on several chars, I support the idea of making older gear easier to get (not all, stuff like this). Some people have been trying for months for gloves, which I got on my warlock while doing a daily. It seems to be very random xD

Seems quite odd that you take this stance on black ice gear but take completely the opposite stance on artifact belts .
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, my Main Hand and Gloves have only come on the characters who have them by playing at odd hours (I have a weird and unpredictable job). That way I get a the occasional shot a Remorhaz or Beholder on a nearly empty Instance. Otherwise I doubt that I would ever have gotten anything.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    please devs, let them drop in kessel retreat. i am even eager to buy them for something like 100 000 black ice :-) (not raw but refined black ice)
    edited September 2014
    Seems quite odd that you take this stance on black ice gear but take completely the opposite stance on artifact belts .

Artifact belts are meant to be rare. Imo, this set is not - 3 items of it are sold on a vendor, as well as this stuff is last mods gear, belts are current. This is why I do not support making belts easier to get and these I do support making easier to get xD
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Artifact belts are meant to be rare. Imo, this set is not - 3 items of it are sold on a vendor, as well as this stuff is last mods gear, belts are current. This is why I do not support making belts easier to get and these I do support making easier to get xD

Who said they are meant to be rare? In an MMO any item that exists and can be traded/sold becomes less rare with each day. If you have the AD you can have any belt you want. On the other hand... you can have 1B AD and never be able to get the black ice gloves/main hand.
    edited September 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Who said they are meant to be rare? In an MMO any item that exists and can be traded/sold becomes less rare with each day. If you have the AD you can have any belt you want. On the other hand... you can have 1B AD and never be able to get the black ice gloves/main hand.

The drop rate says :p This thread is not about belts though. As I said I support making making this easier to get :p
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • dzimitridzimitri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Good day BOHICA. Good to see you here.

I'm also farming IWD every day for a month and a half now for gloves and killed many hundreds of Remoraz, Bears, Wolfs, Captured Prospecters, Prospectors Attack, and Raid the Raiders Heroic Encounters without success. At best, I get the epic junk gear which is bound on pickup and never for my own class.

As per above, I've basically resigned myself to not ever getting black ice set since it's so RNG'd crazy, that I'll never likely get it, while others are doing on the same character and getting 4 pairs in 2 days. What they are doing with 4 pairs of gloves, I'll never know, but it seems an out of proportion drop rate.

I support the idea of receiving Heroic Encounter tokens or Epic Heroic Encounters if you will, that may eventually be traded for the gloves. Make it something reasonable such as 200-300 epic heroic encounters total. By then, most people have the gloves or several dozen pairs. But not all of us. The drop table indeed seems skewed for some more than others. Awell. RNG hell :)

Dilara
  • dzimitridzimitri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't mind grind and luck factor, but the only method available to change instances is random or participating in mass farming groups. This is due to the open pvp nature of IWD. Unfortunately, it's a nasty situation to be in for farming.

Dilara
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As long as the Black Ice main weapon and gloves are gated behind achieving a certain threshold in the encounter, it will take some people an eternity to get. It should be completely random for all people involved in said encounter. Obviously you shouldn't be getting a drop for just being in the vicinity of the encounter, but as with the Dragons in ToD, this 'Great Success' route for drops is stupid and is dragging out the grind for many to epic proportions. I myself farmed IWP and DV for months before I managed to get the bow/gloves for my 2 HRs - and I'm not even using them :D
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I support this as well.

The drop rate system is off, just a tad... :D

But its the drop rate overall... the Dragon encounters are ridiculous. I've gotten numerous Great Successes, only to get dragon hoarde coins and a rank 4 enchantment... really?

IWD, participate in one of the epic encounters, and I get 75 black ice, and MAYBE an uncommon or rare refining component...

So what is the incetive to participate in these things? I might as well go play my state lottery and have a chance at millions... with better odds.
  • syrisdavirus242syrisdavirus242 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I been playing my HR since they released them and still haven't seen the VT or MC offhand. I haven't got the gloves or main hand from Iwd. But my friend I play with has gotten his stuff twice. Go figure.
  • tbhdk2tbhdk2 Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2014
    For DC, GF, TR, they are even harder to get and this hasnt been fixed - Just this week I tried to help a DC from my guild by me and her soloing or close the major encounters. I made sure I was hit a lot and she healed like crazy - yet she did not earn 180 bi reward in many cases. My CW on the other hand always earn 180 bi as long as she doesnt show up late at an encounter. However even my CW that has collected more than 100-200 k bi on doing the epic encounters (not wasting much time on either mother lode or the smaller encounters) did not get bracers until last weekend - when farming like crazy for enchants in the dying hours of the 2x refinement event
  • unapologetic1unapologetic1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This will probably illicit a lot of hate my way. But I've been playing a total of 67 days and managed to get the bracers to drop 7 days ago. I wasn't in a party I was pvp marked and being attacked by TT while I fought the HE checked my rewards in total i think I had 8-9 and last one held the bracers. I can understand the aggravation of a drop rate. But this game is so soft core to begin with that having a few items that everyone wants and dont drop is part of the joy of finding that piece of gear in your inventory one day.. Or not. If everyone had a 4pc bonus or could kill every boss every time then what fun or grind is there to be had???
  • unapologetic1unapologetic1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also like to state I am an Iron Vanguard so I hardly ever get a great success.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    I have all but given up on either the bracers or mainhand from IWD

I have too. I got my HE achievements (all of them) finished well before mod4 and never got either the gloves or main-hand. It's pretty ridiculous, especially given I HAVE gotten a belt to drop from the Dragon HEs already.

Except a couple times perhaps to help guildmates in PvP and one last HE farming run (also with guild), I haven't even bothered with IWD since mod4 came out. It was a pretty fun area, but since the drop rates for the last bits of the BI set are clearly broken, there's nothing there for me. I should note: MANY people I've talked to say the same thing: IWD was fun to start with, but is ultimately a failure for this very reason. Way too many players spent significant amounts of time only to move on to mod4 content unsatisfied. That's not just QQing... if a large body of players consider a major content piece ultimately unsatisfying (for any reason), that's something the Producers need to pay close attention to.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    just grind for the bracers, forget about the weapon. the drac weapon is better, and is tradeable. LOL yep you heard me, can buy them off the AH for 150-350k right now. joke!

I got the offhand on my 2nd or 3rd completion of Shores. LOL
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I recently made a thread like this in the Barracks!! :P

Here's my idea:
    You don't have to accept the encounter reward right away. They would be stacked in the inventory for trading.
    5 common rewards for an uncommon reward
    5 uncommon reward for a rare reward
    5 rare wards for an epic reward
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    The drop rate says :p This thread is not about belts though. As I said I support making making this easier to get :p

You were the one that mentioned belts as supposed to be rare.

Then I guess the drop rate on BI main hand and gloves says they are supposed to be rare too.
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »

Then I guess the drop rate on BI main hand and gloves says they are supposed to be rare too.

Not really, basing drop chance on dps contribution just means some classes liek DC and GF don't really stand a chance. Solution: just drop the top dps approach, not everyone wants to play a CW.
    edited September 2014
    nevawinna wrote: »
    Not really, basing drop chance on dps contribution just means some classes liek DC and GF don't really stand a chance. Solution: just drop the top dps approach, not everyone wants to play a CW.

I don't base it off that. I was replying back to the other poster who said belts were supposed to be rare. I asked why do you think that because based on his logic BI gloves and main hand should be considered rare and here was his response:
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please also scale heroic difficulty to number of people participating.

As people slowly pick up their black ice gear, they are going to stop attending HEs. Without the zerg necessary to take down the encounters you're just going to end up with certain populations of players who are only able to play at odd times of the day unable to ever complete some of the HEs.

Likewise, the zergfests that happen during peak hours make the encounters far too easy and just hands out black ice gear to the first CW to start clicking on the mobs.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    could always opt out like i do. once all my alts unlock boons and finish campaign, resign from further IWD adventures, and progress onto the next module. never understood the concept of the grind/farm. senseless repetitive actions that bring upon boredom...then call it fun?

If you PVP you pretty much need BI gear now if you want to stand a chance.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.