test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple Claims on Skeletal Dogs

samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I recently used my code and got my free skeletal dog, sweet and thank you! However, I saw a lot of people claiming they were able to get more than one on their different characters (even in my guild). I checked myself and saw what Akro said during the livestream which is that you get only one for one of your toons. Has anyone else heard about people being able to claim multiples or been able to do so yourself? Thinking about naming mine Star-Lord because that was such an awesome movie
────────────────────────────
SAMOTHRACE
Trickster Rogue
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was able to claim 2. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but my first time entering the code was met with an error. And I've heard a few people had the same problem.
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    getting the error message from the code as well, so I guess no companion for me D:
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Error for me, and I was in the stream.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Getting an error code as well :(
  • panacea2112panacea2112 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I couldn't get the companion either. Would it make any difference that I still had one in my bank from the event last year? I had been holding onto it to sell it later...
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sigh. I'll try a few more times then it's support ticket time. Support must be loving this error.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Did you try restarting the ARC? I had an error too but it was solved after I did that.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It was mentioned in another topic that there was only 4k codes. It was mentioned that this limit was posted on reddit.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well I saw quite a few people claiming they got 2 or 3 so that stinks for the people who watched the livestream and didn't even get one
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    edited September 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    It was mentioned in another topic that there was only 4k codes. It was mentioned that this limit was posted on reddit.

So, once again those of us with actual jobs on the West Coast are just screwed ... AGAIN?!?
    It wasn't mentioned anywhere during the livestream which I wasted my lunch hour to watch.

Looked on Reddit -- no such posting.
    Looked in Dev Tracker on Forums -- no such posting.
    Re-read Facebook posting:
    "Join us right now for the Siege of #Neverwinter Livestream! If we hit our goal of 2,000 viewers, we'll give everyone in the Livestream a blue-level Skeleton Dog companion!"

So, I've got my support ticket entered.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    So, once again those of us with actual jobs on the West Coast are just f***ed ... AGAIN?!?
    It wasn't mentioned anywhere during the livestream which I wasted my lunch hour to watch.

Looked on Reddit -- no such posting.
    Looked in Dev Tracker on Forums -- no such posting.
    Re-read Facebook posting:
    "Join us right now for the Siege of #Neverwinter Livestream! If we hit our goal of 2,000 viewers, we'll give everyone in the Livestream a blue-level Skeleton Dog companion!"

So, I've got my support ticket entered.

^This is why I don't get why companies bother. Always someone being entitled over free stuff. Personally I think you guys were lucky to get 4000 uses, I was expecting like 1, lol.

Both people and companies can do my head in.
    edited September 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    ^This is why I don't get why companies bother. Always someone being entitled over free stuff. Personally I think you guys were lucky to get 4000 uses, I was expecting like 1, lol.

Both people and companies can do my head in.

Based on THEIR promotion, I spent my lunch hour watching instead of working.
    So they effectively just cost me nearly $60 for nothing. And I'm supposed to be pleased that they lied?
  • nerosolisnerosolis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Or you could have spent 100k AD and save yourself $60.

Never worked somewhere that charges me $60 to take a lunch. Also, $60/hr? Just buy one with your large income.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It is really quite simple. They promised that everyone who logged in during that event would get one. Many did not.
    The reason is also simple. It is the method of delivery. Probably a high percentage of the approximately 2500 (maybe more) users who were logged in, had multiple accounts, and claimed it on each (or tried.) That alone probably would have consumed the 4000.

Then, there was likely also a high percentage of them who just shared the key with that one special friend. Or maybe two. Or maybe his guild. And each of those people felt like they better share it. Not to mention that many of those people likely had multi accounts, as well.

But here is the thing.. They did not promise that they were giving 4000. They promised that everyone present would get one.

The silly bandying about of words like 'entitlement' as insult, is unnecessary. Fact is, everyone who was there IS entitled.

It is not that the giveaway is unappreciated. But do keep in mind that they are counting hits for marketing. It is to their own benefit for lots of users to log in. Plus, no doubt some people logged in who never even played the game before, and I am sure that the game providers had hopes of some prospectives getting the code and then taking the time to try out the game because of it.

I was logged in on 4 different machines, to help make the number. And I know lots were hitting the game to recruit and others tweeting.. people wanted the pet. I did, as well.

I'd suggest a method other than a code. Or this will happen every single time.
  • gulxgilamarthgulxgilamarth Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Whinning about a player bug/issue is not really ever needed.

That said, if there was a soft cap on the claims then that would be the issue right then and there. Best guess is submit a ticket and just have em em check the logs and credit the lil critter to the account.

As mentioned before, does seem like a better route than a code would be appropriate in these situations.

Good hunting all
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, this isn't a bug. There was a limit of 4k code redemptions. A note has been made to the CM to ensure that quantity limits are conveyed more clearly in the future.

Closed as this matter is WAI.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.