test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why some skills seem to be undodgeable!

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I've seen many people QQ about skills that are bypassing dodges and even tho some of them are actually bugged, Icy Rays and Wirlwind of Blades are dodgeable in a way that rarely someone can do.

I have dodged both of these powers with normal dodges as a tr, but if you open the log chat, those powers Icy Rays deals its damage right after cast instead of following travel time and even tho its CC follows that time, the damage doesn't.
A similar thing happens with WOB! It has a little cast time, but because its not an actual cast time (does not appear the yellow line above your HUD) you need to actually start dodging it before he clicks on the power!

I know this is not intended and many times its hard to code it, but if you can do it to the CC, why can't you follow the rule of colision on damage?

This is NOT WAI as many "people" (CW peasents) say.
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    neverknight5neverknight5 Member Posts: 79
    edited September 2014
    I can only dodge ice rays on a warlock, it always used to hit my hunter though.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can only dodge ice rays on a warlock, it always used to hit my hunter though.
    The Warlock has a continuous immunity frame that lasts as long as you hold down the shift key and have stamina. The HR has a series of really short immunity frames that 'fire' every time you hit the shift key and have stamina. It's easy to see why the former makes dodging incoming CC easier.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    I have dodged both of these powers with normal dodges as a tr, but if you open the log chat, those powers Icy Rays deals its damage right after cast instead of following travel time and even tho its CC follows that time, the damage doesn't.
    A similar thing happens with WOB! It has a little cast time, but because its not an actual cast time (does not appear the yellow line above your HUD) you need to actually start dodging it before he clicks on the power!

I know this is not intended and many times its hard to code it, but if you can do it to the CC, why can't you follow the rule of colision on damage?
    Pretty much every targeted ranged damage power delivers the damage after cast rather than after travel. You only notice it with IR because the travel speed of the rays is slower than most.

If you think about it you'll see why damage is implemented this way.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder