test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 4 PvP Feedback

bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
These are the problems that EVERYONE in the PvP community is aware of:

1) CW used to require skills to play (shard), but now they're just at-will spamming machines. Ray of Frost + Red Dragon Glyph + Storm Spell = Inevitable death.

2) HR's piercing blade. I just love how it can't even be dodged. One Fox shift = significant amount of your HP gone even if you dodge it or are damage immune (supposedly). It's broken like the pre-nerf Assailing Force.

3) GF: KV reflect build, build up huge amount of AP without getting hit. Holding their shields up and spam SoS every 10 seconds, if they're using red glyphs too then you're screwed.

Conclusion:
Piercing damage shouldn't exist in PvP. Glyphs should not be allowed to use in PvP. Devs should go play PvP themselves.
Post edited by bvira on

Comments

• adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    for 3)GF: you are wrong, SoS uptime is nearly 100% if done right :D
    Don't waste my time.
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bvira wrote: »

1) CW used to require skills to play (shard), but now they're just at-will spamming machines. Ray of Frost + Red Dragon Glyph + Storm Spell = Inevitable death.

2) HR's piercing blade. I just love how it can't even be dodged. One Fox shift = significant amount of your HP gone even if you dodge it or are damage immune (supposedly). It's broken like the pre-nerf Assailing Force.

3) GF: KV reflect build, build up huge amount of AP without getting hit. Holding their shields up and spam SoS every 10 seconds, if they're using red glyphs too then you're screwed.

Conclusion:
    Piercing damage shouldn't exist in PvP. Glyphs should not be allowed to use in PvP. Devs should go play PvP themselves.

Yep. You've identified the most problematic aspects of Mod 4 PvP.

For CW: diminish the amount of damage that comes from proccs/dots, and add damage to encounters that require some skill to land.

For HR: make piercing respect most damage mitigation or remove it and/or add damage to encounters

For GF: fix that super troll build. You can go into GG with a GF + 1 CW, run to enemy point and instantly kill 10+ people with the reflect damage + an OF and still have 90-100% HP.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Conclusion:

1 : Yes this is annoying how much guaranteed damage they have now, but with the chill change I think that a feat rework to make it so they can either go high damage or high control will suffice. Im sick of being controlled for 4-5 seconds then dropped by a ice knife from 100% hp, maybe its just the damage scaling on ice knife is too high.

2 : Piercing damage will be fixed eventually, It hurts but I can still kill Hr's with a bit of luck getting off a takedown (I'm a gwf) it'd be cool if it was just undeflectable but still hit DR, or the other way round (deflectable but unaffected by DR) , Can HR's lifesteal on this damage? , if they made the piercing damage as a seperate source that didnt get lifesteal from maybe that fix some of the current "HR SUPER TANK" hate they are getting

3 : I'm more annoyed about the screenshake and the graphics slowdown than the actual damage and free AP. the "lag factor" makes fighting back near impossible.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    CW: ICD on Spell Storm or lessen the proc rate or lessen the damage
    HR: reduce the damage of PB or make it resistable
    GF: disable AP gain while SoS is active
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • matricaria111matricaria111 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello! These issues also need answers.

<< images removed >>

you keep posting these... please stop.

are they even on topic?
    the language is in cyrillic... this is an english forum.
    the forums are not a place to report bad behavior.

send me a PM if you need more clarification.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Modo 4 pvp is a mess right now. Glyph abusing, kV broken and lagging the whole map, lame reworks for most classes...

I wonder how devs in their heads thought some of the changes would be good... lol
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Let's not forget the new class "Usain Bolt" branching from GWFs. Devs took away our CC powers, took away our damage and gave us "improved" sprint instead. As if to mock us.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    To the OP:

Yes all points are valid and one can think of some adjustments.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I hope all three points are going to be addressed somehow
  • jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Conclusion:

100% spot on -- PvP would be a big step in the balanced direction with these things changed.

PvP would also be way more fun!
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    We all can agree that unmitigated damage does not belong in this game period. I hope the devs make the appropriate changes and never do unmitigated damage again.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When power creep is starting to give everyone 40k+ HP pools and you give unimitigated powers to only a fraction of the classes, that's bad design.

I'm sure you've gotten far contracting chinese devs to build your game but you might not want to cut corners on design and community engagement.
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Dropping CW at-will damage has a problem now that they have increased the encounter recharge times and dropped their damage: CW's would be long time totally helpless in PvE, when their encounters are all in recharge and they would be shooting peanuts on the incoming Hun horde. Also their survivability is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> even with loads of hitpoints, as their AC and defense are so small.

With about 40k HP SoT boss can still OHK me with his knifes (and the others too, but they just nearly never hit) shield off and even with shield on he just might. Shield means even less damage output with one less encounter and this is actually even worse in IWD with large mobs of encounter enemies that are slow to kill even now, hit really hard and come in large groups.

I agree that CW was nicer to play before the 4th installation, but nerfing damage from at-wills would need to increase encounter damage or shorten their cooldowns. Also from PvP perspective there really isn't that many CWs dominating the top spots, so the nerf or whatever you call it was successful.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.