test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Black Ice Gear Item Decay

cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
Can we get ride of Item Decay from Black Ice Gear with the new content the empowerement runs out pretty fast cause there is quite much stuffs to do- dailys/dg,skirmish farms/pvp so i barely find time to farm Black Ice to keep my gear empowered
So i would like to remove the Timer from Black Ice Gear
Post edited by cookiecrisp15 on

Comments

• Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Would be amazing. I am switching my BI set to T2 when PvEing most times, and it's pretty much because I don't have time to farm black ice, nor do I want to.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If they did this, I might even consider grinding out a set. And that would of course lead to actually doing the IWD content, which I am completely ignoring.

So here's hoping someone listens to ya.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I'm sure this mechanic will pop up again at some point, it certainly is a profitable one (for them)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You really do not need much time to keep it empowered...

Use T2 set for PvE.
    Use BI for PvP.
    Use potions to slow down BI consumption (you just need to go to iWD and talk to the NPC...).
    Do the biggrin weekly mission and the daily mission for 250 BI (it requires what...5 minutes to collect 300 BI and make a low-class HE...).

Couldn't be more casual. Overall in 10 minutes you have all you need to keep BI empowered...

BTW, may be a change could be to make BI consumption active in PvP combat only and not during PvE.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    You really do not need much time to keep it empowered...

Use T2 set for PvE.
    Use BI for PvP.
    Use potions to slow down BI consumption (you just need to go to iWD and talk to the NPC...).
    Do the biggrin weekly mission and the daily mission for 250 BI (it requires what...5 minutes to collect 300 BI and make a low-class HE...).

Couldn't be more casual. Overall in 10 minutes you have all you need to keep BI empowered...

BTW, may be a change could be to make BI consumption active in PvP combat only and not during PvE.

from what i can understad u just said BI set is meant to not be used lol.
    i want a gear that i can use all the time w,o needing to farm to keep stats on it or changing it dependant on situation.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mod 3 is just 2-3 months old.By grinding black ice to keep your BI Gear at T3 is essential for Mod3 to still be played.
    And still Bi Gear is the best pvp gear.You cannot have the best with minimal effort.

Actually Bi Gear is the most difficult gear to aquire in the game is the most powerfull and for that reason it should demand maintenance and grinding to keep it up to date.

A solution for you is to run only the kessel skirmish.Whatever Bi Gear you find there scrap it for rough black ice.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Everyone already knew all that. The effort needs to be in the acquisition of the gear... not in ****ing off the camel every 5 miles. XD
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Mod 3 is just 2-3 months old.By grinding black ice to keep your BI Gear at T3 is essential for Mod3 to still be played.
    And still Bi Gear is the best pvp gear.You cannot have the best with minimal effort.

Actually Bi Gear is the most difficult gear to aquire in the game is the most powerfull and for that reason it should demand maintenance and grinding to keep it up to date.

A solution for you is to run only the kessel skirmish.Whatever Bi Gear you find there scrap it for rough black ice.
    Minimal effort?
    So 35 days of doing dailys even more of farming hes u call minimal effort?AoW is best pve set and u can get it with a day thats minimal effort.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can we get ride of Item Decay from Black Ice Gear with the new content the empowerement runs out pretty fast cause there is quite much stuffs to do- dailys/dg,skirmish farms/pvp so i barely find time to farm Black Ice to keep my gear empowered
    So i would like to remove the Timer from Black Ice Gear

I see no problems with getting BI to keep my BI gear empowered. It is among the most powerful gear obtainable, and it can be farmed solo (no hard-to-pug dungeons). It seems fair it has a "fuel" requirement, and it doesn't take too much to keep it fully powered (it takes a 15 minute run, if you know where to go, to get enough black ice for 10 hours of combat).
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Oh good grief, yes please. You can solve the problem of looking like a Christmas tree ornament with fashion gear. Cure that fact that it rots on your back, and you'll have addressed the other big (arguably the biggest) issue putting a lot of people off the BI gear.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I say make it a Black Ice Campaign completion, meaning after you get your gear you can purchase Unlimited ( No Decay ) BI gear for XXXXX Refined Black Ice!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, to counter the decay we could have a 18h profession task (up to 3x) netting 1k raw Black Ice (that would be roughly 3k a day if you don't have high rank cryomancers, and you will need to refine it), so if you don't want to run IwD for Black Ice, you could still keep your gear powered by using your profession slots.

We already have a profession for that (Black Ice Forging), it'd be as easy as adding a single task.

But I don't see Cryptic removing decay completely.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well, to counter the decay we could have a 18h profession task (up to 3x) netting 1k raw Black Ice (that would be roughly 3k a day if you don't have high rank cryomancers, and you will need to refine it), so if you don't want to run IwD for Black Ice, you could still keep your gear powered by using your profession slots.

We already have a profession for that (Black Ice Forging), it'd be as easy as adding a single task.

But I don't see Cryptic removing decay completely.

Thats agreat idea, having to go do Kessels over and over or mine nodes sucks

• Options
    edited September 2014
    lets try it other way:

make ZEN item named everlasting black ice that would cost 100-200 Zen
    once used on piece of BI gear the timer should just gone and the piece of gear becames permanent.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I like that too!

• Options
    tardstelamon01brtardstelamon01br Banned Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lets try it other way:

make ZEN item named everlasting black ice that would cost 100-200 Zen
    once used on piece of BI gear the timer should just gone and the piece of gear becames permanent.

fantastic idea i would surely buy those for even 400-500 zen each